FORUMS
Damien

PoJ Tempest Rush Monk

Guest Fjordn
15 hours ago, Deadset said:

The trick lies in Spirit buildup management. You will want to purposefully spend your Spirit with manual re-activations of Sweeping Wind (75 Spirit base) and Mantra of Salvation (50 Spirit base) as it builds up from channeling Tempest Rush while you wait for the Convention of Elements cycle. Just before you reach the Cold part of the rotation, let your Spirit build up to full, gaining the damage buff and releasing your burst with a Blinding Flash pop

That's the one! Solid, thank you.

Guest dRomo

Hey, I'm a bit lost with this build. I just noticed that the Captain Crimson's set has been updated (for lower levels and with a lot fewer stats) has any one noticed this too? 

On 12/9/2020 at 8:21 AM, Guest dRomo said:

Hey, I'm a bit lost with this build. I just noticed that the Captain Crimson's set has been updated (for lower levels and with a lot fewer stats) has any one noticed this too? 

Hey there, I'm not entirely sure what you mean but there are craftable sets in the game (Cpt. Crimson, Asheara, Cain) with both low level and lvl 70 versions. For an endgame character, you want the latter. The low level versions, naturally, will not be very relevant for the endgame.

Guest Màni

It's been years since I last played, so sorry if I'm mistaken, but the guide seems to recommend 5 PoJ pieces while 6 pieces are required for the last set bonus?

17 hours ago, Guest Màni said:

It's been years since I last played, so sorry if I'm mistaken, but the guide seems to recommend 5 PoJ pieces while 6 pieces are required for the last set bonus?

Hello! You are quite correct, but the inclusion of Ring of Royal GrandeurRing of Royal Grandeur in Kanai's Cube lowers the required number of worn set items by 1. This allows you to run both the PoJ set and Cpt. Crimson with reduced pieces, while enjoying their full bonuses.

Guest GGCATAM
On 11/30/2020 at 4:45 AM, Guest Wonder said:

Hi there! I really like this build so far except for one thing that I have noticed is that the Blinding Flash ability does not actually stop the channeling of the Tempest Rush and release the cold damage! Is this a bug? Or am I missing something else? Why is no one else having this problem? I have to stop holding the Tempest Rush button even after using Blinding Flash to release the cold damage, which also removes the 50% damage reduction from the poj set for tempest rush which is really annoying! Please help haha! This build would be perfect if it worked as described here! Thanks for your time!

Are you on a console? I noticed this as well on Xbox. It seems that if you hold down a controller trigger to channel then defensive and utility skills do NOT break your channeling and unleash the flurry explosion stacks.

Below is the lazy noob alternative I use that can complete a GR100 in under 5 minutes with far less than ideal gear!

Substitute shenlong weapon set for Slanderer and Little Rogue weapon set...instead of the big burst you get 5 stacks of 6% ias, damage, and armor which is easy to maintain at maximum 30% consistently. The real bonus is you will almost always have max spirit and never even have to look at it.

Next up substitute Blinding Flash for Cyclone Strike with Wall of Wind. Its the cold rune so although you lose the 29% damage burst from you gain damage synergy with TR and freeze enemies to proc Cesars instead. More importantly this attack WILL break your channeling on console and make everything go boom without taking your finger off the trigger! The CC of freeze rune almost makes up for the damage loss as I have occasionally killed RG before it even got to take a swing at me as well.

Happy New Year Rifting!

Pushing greater rifts with Shenlong's Spirit using the PoJ Tempest Rush build on Xbox One X.

The problem I am having is that when my spirit is maxed, Shenlong's Spirit doesn't proc sometimes. As a work around, I use my healing potion it will proc, but not all the time.

It isn't a situation  where my spirit is hovering around being fully charged, rather it is fully charged. Even after using Epiphany with my spirit maxed it still won't proc.

Anyone else have this problem or am I missing something? It seems the game isn't recognizing the correct value of spirit at times.

Edited by Flavius

Guest Season23

In theory this is the absolute best build for speed farming rifts/bounties on Season 23 and no one has commented yet? Please clarify if there's a better build available. Icy's ranking say Monk is the best, and this is the only bounties / speed farming build I see. 

Is there a reason Sweeping Wind has no rune chosen? It used to be you intentionally didn't want to select one of the skills on Enchantress so curious if for some reason you intentionally shouldn't select any rune? Clearly all the runes are not the same, so why did the guide writer just not choose the best one? (Literally just sweeping wind/temptest rush alone does the job on this build even with zero augments, only 2 ancients, 2 out of 3 legendary gems, and without Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac or The Flavor of Time.. so I assume the selected rune could make a big difference? Or maybe that actually means it makes no difference whatsoever lol. The build has changed a ton of times looking at the comments so not sure if people still have difficulties. I currently have 730 paragon which certainly helps, but I'd still like it to be the best it can be. I'm thinking Blade Storm would provide the most damage? Inner Storm is pointless as Patterns of Justice makes it difficult to run out. But maybe Fire Storm is best, or maybe it's bad to turn the damage into fire.. I just don't know and that's why I visit Icy-Veins so the guide makers can figure it out!).

2 hours ago, Guest Season23 said:

In theory this is the absolute best build for speed farming rifts/bounties on Season 23 and no one has commented yet? Please clarify if there's a better build available. Icy's ranking say Monk is the best, and this is the only bounties / speed farming build I see. 

Is there a reason Sweeping Wind has no rune chosen? It used to be you intentionally didn't want to select one of the skills on Enchantress so curious if for some reason you intentionally shouldn't select any rune? Clearly all the runes are not the same, so why did the guide writer just not choose the best one? (Literally just sweeping wind/temptest rush alone does the job on this build even with zero augments, only 2 ancients, 2 out of 3 legendary gems, and without Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac or The Flavor of Time.. so I assume the selected rune could make a big difference? Or maybe that actually means it makes no difference whatsoever lol. The build has changed a ton of times looking at the comments so not sure if people still have difficulties. I currently have 730 paragon which certainly helps, but I'd still like it to be the best it can be. I'm thinking Blade Storm would provide the most damage? Inner Storm is pointless as Patterns of Justice makes it difficult to run out. But maybe Fire Storm is best, or maybe it's bad to turn the damage into fire.. I just don't know and that's why I visit Icy-Veins so the guide makers can figure it out!).

Hello. Sweeping Wind gains the effect of every rune because of 2-piece bonus of Patterns of Justice set. No matter what rune we choose for this skill, the damage will be calculated of Blade Storm rune (145% weapon damage per stack). However, we still want to use cold rune - Master of Wind, so the damage of this skill will be multiplied by your elemental damage stat (+20% Cold Damage Increase on our amulet/bracers). But at the end compared to Tempest Rush skill, Sweeping Wind does almost no damage (not enough multipliers), so

Guest Guest Season23
On 4/16/2021 at 2:02 AM, IveGottenSoLucky said:

Hello. Sweeping Wind gains the effect of every rune because of 2-piece bonus of Patterns of Justice set. No matter what rune we choose for this skill, the damage will be calculated of Blade Storm rune (145% weapon damage per stack). However, we still want to use cold rune - Master of Wind, so the damage of this skill will be multiplied by your elemental damage stat (+20% Cold Damage Increase on our amulet/bracers). But at the end compared to Tempest Rush skill, Sweeping Wind does almost no damage (not enough multipliers), so

Thank you! I totally missed that and your help helped a lot.

Guest Sage

I run a very different variant of this build in hardcore mode. Vengeful Winds is essential for survivability imo. I'm guessing this build is meant for softcore. 

Guest Kaestrin

Possible PoJ build adjustments I've been tinkering around with, which have produced consistent results thus far. Running Lvl 85 GR consistently without deaths or triggering companions saving ability.  I happened to make this build naturally before i learned of this site and this wealth of information, for which i thank you. 

I am pleased to see that the way I've been building it up greatly resembles what you have found, and I'm interested in hearing of it is viable for further rift progression, or if it will be unable to sustain incoming damage from the higher level rifts. 

Gear: 5 piece PoJ set, including: Helm, Torso, Shoulders, Pants, and Boots. Gloves i just recently replaced with Primal Ancient Coldburn as it's the best drip I've yet received. 

Kyoshiro's Soul belt, Compass Rose with Travelers pledge amulet set for the 50% DR while moving. The second Ring and the jewelry slot in Konai's cube is filled with The Ring of Royal Grandeur and, either or Convention, or the Stone of Jordan (equalizing all elemental damage % increase to the highest found among gear.  And Ceasers Memento bracers finishing it off. All my gear is rolled towards Highest DPS possible, focusing on primary stats of Dex, Crit Hit, Vitality/armor/%Life  Crit Damage, Attack Speed (only to a final output of approximately 1.8 APS)  Total Vitality i try to keep around 5k  with around 40% extra life.  Paragon level Is 720 range balancing total HP as i try to further bump DPS higher. 

Weapons: Vengeful Winds & Won Khim Lau socketed with Flawless Emeralds. Flawless Emeralds also occupy all 5 slots in torso and legs gear. 

Skills: 

Cyclone Strike, Wall of Wind Rune

Sweeping Winds, Blade storm Rune (though PoJ gives it all runes, Blade Storm clearly marks SW effect Radius)

Dashing Strike, Quicksilver (for enemy CC escape)

Mantra of Salvation, Agility Rune

Blinding Flash, Faith in the Light

Tempest Rush, Electric Field Rune NOTE: This particular rune seems to trigger Won Khim Lau's ability constantly, from what I can tell, due to the increased radius (20 yards)  becomes greater than the  effective radius on Sweeping Winds (maxes at 14 yards)  I'm not positive this is what is actually happening, but it looks to be accurate. 

Passives: Guardians Path (35% dodge), Sixth Sense (survivability), Harmony (Survivability), and Momentum. 

Konai's Cube: Weapon slot: either Balance or Rimeharts (still getting a feel for which is better) Armor slot: either Aquila's Curass/Lefebvre's Soliloquy/Mantle of Channeling. 

Jewelry slot as related above.

Apologies for the lengthy post.

For further progression you will have to set aside Sweeping Wind-related items like Vengeful WindVengeful Wind and Kyoshiro's SoulKyoshiro's Soul , as the skill mostly provides utility and safety (i.e. the speed from the 2-piece bonus, the freezing effects from Master of WindMaster of Wind, etc.); its overall damage dealt is negligible compared to Tempest RushTempest Rush , which you will be trying to amplify through skill bonuses on various other legendary items and gear rolls.

RimeheartRimeheart 's proc based effect will vastly fall off compared to the consistent damage bonus of BalanceBalance . I would probably cube Mantle of ChannelingMantle of Channeling as an endgame pushing choice, or Lefebvre's SoliloquyLefebvre's Soliloquy for convenience. Stone Gauntlets Stone Gauntlets are also incredibly potent in this slot.

Guest Tonton

Does it make sense to equip both Won Khim Lau and Jade Talon at the same time? I am not sure if the same Tempest Rush bonuses stack together...? What is the downside of using WKL with Bartuc's Cut-Throat?

Note that Ethereal weapons roll with a random power, not a fixed one, so in the ideal case scenario you will not be "doubling up" on any legendary power, and have a synergistic stack of them instead. A Jade Talon (or any Ethereal weapon for that matter) with the WKL power will not stack the bonus with a worn WKL, but since you mention the use of Etheral + WKL, I assume your Ethereal rolled with another power. As mentioned in the Gear page, the ideal roll for an Ethereal weapon in this build would be the power of Flying Dragon.

A Jade Talon is preferable to Bartuc's due to its innate Spirit on Crit and IAS stats, which allow you to reduce RCR across gear and focus on DPS or survival stats. Bartuc's unique power is diminished in usefulness due to the legendary power of the cubed Balance, which already increases single target damage by a large margin.

Guest Wearyjoey665530

I've been using this build and really enjoying it, seen a variation on a different site and had a few questions.

First off, I've farmed like 35-40 etherals but can't get a Jade talon with high % balance affix or flying dragon so I guess I'm stuck with in geom which is great for lower tiers when I swap out Serenity with dashing strike and swap cold for lightning.

I'm stuck at GR122, can't go higher and only have two augments right now 120 and 125.

I'd like to push higher but although I've got a few primal, they're not ideal and not sure if they're worth wasting an augment on.

Seems like RCR is less important than CDR (since that boosts damage).

Would Molte gem be worth swapping to keep squirt stacks up? Which gem would you give up?

Any tips for farming etherals? Is it best to speed run 70s for that, doesn't seem like higher levels are any better.

Taeguk is arguably the least powerful gem when pushing the upper end of your GR potential, but honestly I wouldn't give it up for Gizzard. Well timed use of Serenity Ascension should be enough to keep the damage bonus active for the Flurry detonation. Are your problems coming from survivability or damage? That might make it easier to identify your problem.

GR90 yields the biggest amount of loot possible, and further increases will only yield more XP. If you're in it strictly for the items, 90 is the difficulty to farm on.

Guest Poonderkin
On 10/27/2020 at 5:55 AM, Guest Bigman said:

How do you use epiphany to teleport appropriately since no skills on the bar have autoattacks?

I have this question as well! Did they make a mistake in the guide?

On 9/3/2021 at 4:05 PM, Guest Poonderkin said:

I have this question as well! Did they make a mistake in the guide?

That's a fair reminder and yes, Epiphany will not be able to port you to targets in this build due to the way it is constructed. It does remain a universally desired skill, but you do lose out on this added utility due to the skillset used in this build.

Guest Poonderkin
8 hours ago, Deadset said:

That's a fair reminder and yes, Epiphany will not be able to port you to targets in this build due to the way it is constructed. It does remain a universally desired skill, but you do lose out on this added utility due to the skillset used in this build.

Ahh, thanks for the breakdown. I did some testing and do see that while we can't use it to teleport, activating it does still negate the negative effects of the Stone Gauntlets when they kick in, even if we don't get the teleport utility of epiphany.

Guest Siezed

Hi not sure if this post is still active but on the introduction it states that you use crimson waders "boots" as for the gear gems and ect states that you should be using crimson thrust "pants". I'm wanting to craft a primal just not sure which to craft for best stats. Please help lol

On 3/13/2023 at 11:14 PM, Guest Siezed said:

Hi not sure if this post is still active but on the introduction it states that you use crimson waders "boots" as for the gear gems and ect states that you should be using crimson thrust "pants". I'm wanting to craft a primal just not sure which to craft for best stats. Please help lol

Usually the guides in the case of introducing the Cpt. Crimson set say "you take the girdle and either the pants OR the boots, depending on your strongest rolls in the Justice Set". So boots and pants are exchangeable.

according to maxroll,

• The Flurry's explosion is currently bugged in combination with Patterns of Justice set and only receives a x151 damage multiplier from the (6) Bonus.

'cause if so, then that's a big bummer no?

so maybe electric field would be better, however the whole point of the huge tempest rush dmg is by freezing, blinding, ...?

Edited by rickster

Guest Pepega

Could anyone explain what's the point of RCR in this build? You have practically infinite Resource from Tempest Rush generating Spirit.

On 8/30/2021 at 5:11 PM, Deadset said:

Taeguk is arguably the least powerful gem when pushing the upper end of your GR potential, but honestly I wouldn't give it up for Gizzard. Well timed use of Serenity Ascension should be enough to keep the damage bonus active for the Flurry detonation. Are your problems coming from survivability or damage? That might make it easier to identify your problem.

GR90 yields the biggest amount of loot possible, and further increases will only yield more XP. If you're in it strictly for the items, 90 is the difficulty to farm on.

Does it not affect chance of an ancient? If im in it purely for let's say ancient puzzle ring for altar of rites, then what is my best option for farming it? T16 Neph or 90GR or smt else entirely?