FORUMS
Stan

Vulpera Allied Race in Visions of N'Zoth (World of Wacraft Patch 8.3)

47392-vulpera-bag-of-tricks-racial-updat

If you're looking forward to playing the Vulpera in Patch 8.3, check out our in-depth preview of the latest Allied Race!

You can find more information about Patch 8.3 in our hub!

Table of Contents 

Release Date 

The Allied Race will become playable with the Visions of N'Zoth update on January 14.

Unlock Requirements 

Allied Race Unlock Requirements
Vulpera Exalted with VoldunaiSecrets in the Sands Secrets in the Sands

Playable Classes 

• Death Knight, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior

Shaman Totems 

vulpera-totems.jpg

Racials [Return to Top]

The Vulpera can create a camp with Make Camp Make Camp and Return to Camp Return to Camp on a 1-hour cooldown. The camp is visible for 5 minutes before it disappears. It comes with a tent, fire, and a bag.

FaGgBH8.jpg

Players can interact with the bag, and use it to store the canopy on their racial mount (see below for details). After returning to the camp, a short cutscene starts playing.

4aufpGy.jpg

Active abilities also revolve around Bag of Tricks Bag of Tricks and Rummage Your Bag Rummage Your Bag.

The Vulpera can pick between a harmful effect which deals damage to enemies or a helpful effect which heals allies. You can summon a bag with Rummage Your Bag Rummage Your Bag and interact with it in order to switch between tricks that you've already earned.

xYL7Cbo.jpg

A fresh character starts with one of each.

• Healing Vial Healing Vial (Helpful Effect)- Heals a friend for [ Greater of {270% of Spell Power} or {270% of Attack Power * pctD * (1 + 0)} ] Nature. Share the wealth!
  • Corrosive Vial Corrosive Vial (Harmful Effect) - Splash your enemy with corrosive fluid, dealing [ Greater of {180% of Spell Power} or {180% of Attack Power * pctD * (1 + 0)} ] Nature damage. A good reason not to drop your bag!

More tricks can be discovered in the open world, similar to Dark Iron Dwarves' Mole Machine Mole Machine locations.

We've uncovered the following tricks through datamining, the rest remains unknown for now.

• Holy Relic Holy Relic - Heals a friend for 28. Share the wealth!
  • Flames of Fury Flames of Fury - Blast your enemy with the FLAMES, dealing [ Greater of {180% of Spell Power} or {180% of Attack Power * pctD * (1 + 0)} ] Fire damage.
  • Sinister Shadows Sinister Shadows - Torment the enemy with sinister power, dealing [ Greater of {180% of Spell Power} or {180% of Attack Power * pctD * (1 + 0)} ] Shadow damage.

Racial Passives include a Fire damage reduction by 1%, increased backpack size by 8 slots, and decreased damage taken for the first time you take damage from an enemy.

Racial Mount [Return to Top]

Caravan Hyena Caravan Hyena is the racial mount of the Vulpera unlocked at level 20. When you use your Make Camp Make Camp to set up your camp, you can pack or unpack the canopy atop the mount.

1.jpg.98bb4a612896706e9e9eb4cf98069e96.j

Here is the mount with and without the canopy.

canopy.jpg.958bc9d14639a64bd468a3995b9b6mount.jpg.430a90ddeee2410dc60ffee23bb563

Heritage Armor [Return to Top]

Earn level 110 on a newly created Vulpera character to be eligible for the Heritage Armor comprised of the following pieces of equipment:

Male

heritage-armor-male-front.jpgheritage-armor-male-perspective.jpgheritage-armor-male-side.jpgheritage-armor-male-back.jpg

Female [Return to Top]

heritage-armor-female-front.jpgheritage-armor-female-perspective.jpgheritage-armor-female-side.jpgheritage-armor-female-back.jpg

Customization Options [Return to Top]

Male

Skin Color

skin 0.jpgskin 1.jpgskin 2.jpgskin 3.jpgskin 4.jpgskin 5.jpgskin 6.jpgskin 7.jpg

Face [Return to Top]

face 0.jpgface 1.jpgface 2.jpgface 3.jpgface 4.jpgface 5.jpg

Ears [Return to Top]

ears 0.jpgears 1.jpgears 2.jpgears 3.jpgears 4.jpgears 5.jpgears 6.jpgears 7.jpgears 8.jpgears 9.jpgears 10.jpgears 11.jpg

Patterns [Return to Top]

pattern 1 color 0.jpgpattern 1 color 1.jpgpattern 1 color 2.jpgpattern 1 color 3.jpgpattern 1 color 4.jpgpattern 1 color 5.jpgpattern 1 color 6.jpgpattern 1 color 7.jpg

pattern 2 color 0.jpgpattern 2 color 1.jpgpattern 2 color 2.jpgpattern 2 color 3.jpgpattern 2 color 4.jpgpattern 2 color 5.jpgpattern 2 color 6.jpgpattern 2 color 7.jpg

Snout [Return to Top]

snout 0.jpgsnount 1.jpgsnout 2.jpgsnout 3.jpgsnout 4.jpgsnout 5.jpg

Female [Return to Top]

Skin Color 

skin 0f.jpgskin 1f.jpgskin 2f.jpgskin 3f.jpgskin 4f.jpgskin 5f.jpgskin 6f.jpgskin 7f.jpg

Face [Return to Top]

face 0f.jpgface 1f.jpgface 2f.jpgface 3f.jpgface 4f.jpgface 5f.jpg

Ears [Return to Top]

ears 0f.jpgears 1f.jpgears 2f.jpgears 3f.jpgears 4f.jpgears 5f.jpgears 6f.jpgears 7f.jpgears 8f.jpgears 9f.jpgears 10f.jpgears 11f.jpgears 12f.jpgears 13f.jpgears 14f.jpgears 15f.jpg

Patterns [Return to Top]

pattern 1f color 0.jpgpattern 1f color 1.jpgpattern 1f color 2.jpgpattern 1f color 3.jpgpattern 1f color 4.jpgpattern 1f color 5.jpgpattern 1f color 6.jpgpattern 1f color 7.jpg

pattern 2f color 0.jpgpattern 2f color 1.jpgpattern 2f color 2.jpgpattern 2f color 3.jpgpattern 2f color 4.jpgpattern 2f color 5.jpgpattern 2f color 6.jpgpattern 2f color 7.jpg

Snout [Return to Top]

snout 0.jpgsnout 1.jpgsnout 2.jpgsnout 3.jpgsnout 4.jpgsnout 5.jpg

Dance Animations [Return to Top]

The Vulpera dance is inspired by Ylvis "The Fox (What Does The Fox Say)" song.

Male

giphy.gif

Female

giphy.gif

Related News

Wonder how the future customization will look like in Shadowlands.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that we will get another set of Allied Races before 9.0? In 8.3.5, considering the fact that :

1) We have another empty slot after Vulpera and Mechagnomes on the character creation scree

2) We don't have allied races based on the Worgen and Undead models ( and Blizz did say that all core races will have an Allied race based on them)

5 minutes ago, dartbodman said:

When? Where?

Night Elf = Nightborne
Blood Elf = Void Elf
Dwarf = Dark Iron Dwarf
Tauren = Highmountain Tauren
Orc = Mag'har Orc
Draenei = Lighforged Draenei
Gnomes = Mechagnomes
Goblin = Vulpera

All those aforementioned races use the same rigging and base skeleton, meaning they share many animations.

Then you have Kul Tirans Humans and Zandalari Trolls, that use completely new animations and riggings, putting them aside from the "recycled" allied races.

18 minutes ago, Dejo93 said:

Also, am I the only one who thinks that we will get another set of Allied Races before 9.0? In 8.3.5, considering the fact that :

1) We have another empty slot after Vulpera and Mechagnomes on the character creation scree

2) We don't have allied races based on the Worgen and Undead models ( and Blizz did say that all core races will have an Allied race based on them)

I don't really think the space is intended for another pair of Allied Races. It's the same amount of slots we have on the non-Allied Race character creation screen.

19 minutes ago, Valhalen said:

Night Elf = Nightborne
Blood Elf = Void Elf
Dwarf = Dark Iron Dwarf
Orc = Mag'har Orc
Gnomes = Mechagnomes
Goblin = Vulpera

All those aforementioned races use the same rigging and base skeleton, meaning they share many animations.

Then you have Kul Tirans Humans and Zandalari Trolls, that use completely new animations and riggings, putting them aside from the "recycled" allied races.

I'm aware that most of the allied races share skeletons with existing races. What I'm asking is where bliz said that all of the existing races would have an allied race based on them as was claimed.

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't really think the space is intended for another pair of Allied Races. It's the same amount of slots we have on the non-Allied Race character creation screen.

On the other hand if you enter the embassy the flags are clearly off-center in the current configuration with room for one more to even it out.

I would like to make a Vulpera character, but sadly I can't afford the time to farm for rep.

Does anyone know how long would it take on average to farm Exalted from scratch?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lChronosl said:

I would like to make a Vulpera character, but sadly I can't afford the time to farm for rep.

Does anyone know how long would it take on average to farm Exalted from scratch?

No offense, but pick contract and do like the 4 most increasing WQ's in that zone every day- that takes average 7 minutes or something. (Ok a bit longer without flying, but at least you got the flightmasters whistle).

Also there is still the birthday event going with reputation increase and if avaible - use Darkmoon faire buff. Do the normal quests in the zone in that time as well, since they are done quick and give a good amount of reputation.

Sometimes i hear people yelling "I dont have time i have to work, im a normal person", then i come and say that i most of the time travel 12+ hours a day and still can do at least a bit to get something i want. (Same situation with "fitness" activities - even if you have a 12 hours day, you still can go outside and do something healthy for yourself, even if it takes only 30 minutes)

Edited by Baharok
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Baharok said:

No offense, but pick contract and do like the 4 most increasing WQ's in that zone every day- that takes average 7 minutes or something. (Ok a bit longer without flying, but at least you got the flightmasters whistle).

The 10 rep gained from contracts is pretty low when you need 21k to get Exalted. I was doing that to get the Kul Tirans and it took me over a month.

The thing is: Blizzard needs to urgently revamp the rep system. I don't care how fast others can do, it is simply not fun to mindlessly farm it. If they at least could bring back the tabard rep system where you get it from doing dungeons, it would remedy this issue a bit.

Edited by Valhalen

43 minutes ago, Valhalen said:

The 10 rep gained from contracts is pretty low when you need 21k to get Exalted. I was doing that to get the Kul Tirans and it took me over a month.

The thing is: Blizzard needs to urgently revamp the rep system. I don't care how fast others can do, it is simply not fun to mindlessly farm it. If they at least could bring back the tabard rep system where you get it from doing dungeons, it would remedy this issue a bit.

10 is low if you see it as "one WQ per day", but if you invest in 10 WQ's, you allready gained 100 bonus reputation -passive-. Combine that with the mentioned reputation bonuses from other sources and you speed it up to be exalted in less than a month. -

edit.: I also forgot to mention the world quest weekly bonus with doubled reputation per WQ. By doing a little bit math, without including this weekly, i allready come to 27k reputation within 20 days, 2k from contract and 20k with just DMF + eventbuff. (If we take 10 WQ per day and not including WQ's which give 100 reputation reward).

edit 2.: Sorry, but my mind is floating with remembering all the possibilities 😄 - Also you can do the "incursions", which give 500 reputation for the final quest and adding the other quests we also come to a nice 1k extra rep within a small timegate.

If they at least could bring back the tabard rep system where you get it from doing dungeons, it would remedy this issue a bit.

I understand how some people like the tabardsystem, but its the same, just in other content. People can also say then "i dont want to grind dungeons".

So the final conclusion, like allways, is:

They cant make everyone happy, nevermind which system they implement.

Edited by Baharok
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dejo93 said:

Only base races are getting additional customisation options in Shadowlands, nothing for allied races so far. Not sure if we will get more allied races any time soon, these spots might have been simply there for it to match selection menu for base races. I guess Undead might count as human, we already have a human allied race. Light-infused and faction-swapped undead variant has been a rumor for a long time, based on Calia's story, yet there is nothing in game so far to indicate they are coming. As for worgen, night elf worgen I guess (though there are only few of them remaining)? Or just any other race+some shapeshift form, perhaps even not connected to worgen at all, just thematic similarity.

3 hours ago, Valhalen said:

TBF, this content has been out for what a year?  You dont need to 'mindlessly farm it' if youve been playing.

If you HAVENT, then yes, I guess a tabard system might work.

But the game shouldnt be geared around people who play it for 2 months at a time and ant all of the content in that timeframe from a years' worth of game.  

• Like 1

I am not complaining about the system itself, @Baharok. But I haven't been able to play at all during BfA, and my old Legion main does have long ways to go before I can unlock those allied races.

I was even thinking about starting a new char after so long away from the game, and ideally it would be with one of the new races, for variety sake.

Edited by lChronosl

And Horde gets a sweet M+ racial.  Competitive with Shadowmeld?  Probably not THAT good, but still:

Step 1: set camp outside dungeon

Step 2: kill trash

Step 3: hearth to camp

Step 4: respec

Step 5: go back inside and kill boss

On 12/23/2019 at 8:12 AM, Valhalen said:

Night Elf = Nightborne
Blood Elf = Void Elf
Dwarf = Dark Iron Dwarf
Orc = Mag'har Orc
Gnomes = Mechagnomes
Goblin = Vulpera

That doesn't leave anything then, all paired up counting those last two even if they use different animation skeletons from regular Humans and Trolls. Pandaren would be the exception, and I don't really see anything happening on that front considering they gave everyone Pandarens. Perhaps they could bring the Hozen and Jinyu into the Horde and Alliance respectively, based on the events in MoP, Jinyu in Boralus harbor, and Hozen on the Island expeditions.

On 1/3/2020 at 2:39 PM, SidonisAntares said:

That doesn't leave anything then, all paired up counting those last two even if they use different animation skeletons from regular Humans and Trolls. Pandaren would be the exception, and I don't really see anything happening on that front considering they gave everyone Pandarens. Perhaps they could bring the Hozen and Jinyu into the Horde and Alliance respectively, based on the events in MoP, Jinyu in Boralus harbor, and Hozen on the Island expeditions.

The only thing missing would be the Forsaken and normal Humans. They don't have a equivalent for Allied races as in recycled rigging. Not that they need anyway.

1 hour ago, Valhalen said:

The only thing missing would be the Forsaken and normal Humans. They don't have a equivalent for Allied races as in recycled rigging. Not that they need anyway.

If you're going by rigging alone yes, but the Kul Tirans do represent the Humans in terms of Allied Races. Although I believe the Worgen use the Orc rigging when shifted and Human when not iirc. Goblins of course use the Gnome rigging. Kudos on the Forsaken, I did miss that in my initial post. Honestly I don't know what they could pair with the Forsaken using existing lore premises, but my guess is it will be something in Shadowlands given their strong ties to death. I'm also curious as to who will be tied to the Worgen as an Allied Race.

Edited by SidonisAntares

4 hours ago, SidonisAntares said:

If you're going by rigging alone yes, but the Kul Tirans do represent the Humans in terms of Allied Races. Although I believe the Worgen use the Orc rigging when shifted and Human when not iirc. Goblins of course use the Gnome rigging. Kudos on the Forsaken, I did miss that in my initial post. Honestly I don't know what they could pair with the Forsaken using existing lore premises, but my guess is it will be something in Shadowlands given their strong ties to death. I'm also curious as to who will be tied to the Worgen as an Allied Race.

Hmm, actually Worgens and Goblins have their own unique animations. They do not share their rigging with any other race. One that uses the (male) Orc rigging is the Incarnation: Tree of Life form.

Maybe the Forsaken could have a "lightforged" equivalent now that Calia Menethil will assume the leadership of the Forsaken after Sylvanas bailed, and she definitely looks different as well "well conserved" compared to other Forsaken, which are rotting.

As for Worgen, I honestly don't know what they could have as an equivalent. Other races that use the Worgen rig and base skeleton include the Saberon from Draenor and the Saurok from Pandaria. But I don't know how they could be tied in the story.