FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stoove

Resto in [Beta] MoP: Greater Healing Wave vs. Healing Surge

Hi all,

Just thought I'd raise a note about a calculation I made recently for Resto Shaman in pre-raid "BiS" blues. You can find the whole calculation here, but the upshot is that Greater Healing Wave is nowhere near as good as Healing Surge in the current version of MoP Beta. In fact, it's better to the point where I'd suggest you were crazy for not using Healing Surge.

Any comments? :)

I think that this is not intended. I mean, Healing Surge has always been an emergency heal and I believe that it will remain an emergency heal in MoP. I'd quote the "Core Abilities" page of your spellbook but I cannot log into the beta currently (there's a mega-bug that Blizzard is trying to fix and that prevents a lot of players from accessible their characters).

I finally have access to my Shaman again on the beta. Here's what I wanted to share with you:

Posted Image

What do you think?

I think, that they just need to buff Greater Healing wave by 10%.. To make it a heal thats more worth than using the Tidal waves + healing surge healing combination.

I think, that they just need to buff Greater Healing wave by 10%.. To make it a heal thats more worth than using the Tidal waves + healing surge healing combination.

Actually Vixsin talked about that in a comment on the blog post I linked. Apparently, even with the T14 2pc (+10% healing to GHW), HS is still better in every way.

What do you think?

Thanks for the info Damien!

What I think is that someone needs to point this out on the Beta Class Balance Analysis thread on the US forums. Unfortunately, I can't since I don't have a US account ='[

Just as a note - the costs and healing values changed over last week. The calculations I did are, sadly, no longer valid. I'll be redoing them at some point, but I suspect that GHW will be marginally better in this iteration.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dlhak
      Hello everyone, I guess there are people who want to join the beta, and there is a chance to do so with Realm Podcast contest, follow them on Twitter and listen to their latest podcast to know how to enter, good luck everyone.
      https://twitter.com/RealmPodcast/status/996731190676807680?s=20
      Placeholder for tweet 996731190676807680  
    • By Pocimas
      Hello everyone,
      I want to ask for any tips on my logs, since I think I'm doing something wrong with my resto druid.
      I have good gear (currently 958 ilvl) but I see other druids with similar or less gear do way higher HPS than me on the logs. I think I should be doing more than 900/1k hps, but rarely go above 700 in many fights.
      Here are a couple of logs of Antorus hc:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cHZLXF1t8J7YMwBT
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zGB27L8KYp4HXJZQ
      I searched the logs and I think one of my main problems for the lack of healing is the rejuvenations. Other druids do far more healing with same or less rejuvs, since my average casts is around 450k (and other druids go up to 750 or even 1000).
      I don't know if it's a problem with timing or overhealing (other healers snipping me), but I want to know other opinions.
      Thanks a lot for your help.
    • By Kaezy
      Hello!
      I think I am doing something seriously wrong with my resto druid. I have pretty decent gear but I see other druids with similar or less gear do way higher HPS then me on my recount meter. I've run simulations that said i should be getting 900hps but that's rather rare to see. During M+ runs when we're taking high damage i've seen 1-1.2mil hps - but in Antorus I feel like I'm stuck at 400-600hps

Recently I've gone up 20 item levels and gotten 3 T21 pieces but haven't seen my hps improve much. I've switched from spring blossoms to double rejuv in hopes that i could hit higher hps but today in Heroic Antorus i was still the lowest healer (sorry no logs from that)

Here are some logs from a guide I've been doing normal with:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fAaV8v4YPbk6W1tD#fight=last&type=summary&source=15
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fAaV8v4YPbk6W1tD#fight=4&type=summary&source=15

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
    • By bradieboi
      Hi guys! 
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/chamber-of-aspects/erthol   So this is my mistweaver monk here. Now I have actually managed to start raiding and do normals every week. However I have a huuuuge problem, specifically that my hps is really, really low. A good example I think would be this Aggramar fight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jKcxbLXrQ9pknDva#fight=27&type=healing   You can see how the other monk had much higher hps than me. I do understand my leggos are subpar, but meh, bad luck one could say. What I don't understand is what I'm doing wrong. I try to use renewing mist on cd, use Vivify. I know I haven't used Effuse too much, but that's because I was trying out fistweawing. Anyways, all my other logs are basically the same. I have way too high overhealing as well. Any help would be great, because I'm lost, I love the monk, I love the style, but somehow can't get it to work as I would like it to. Please help meeeeee! Thanks for the feedback. 
    • By Abradolf
      Hi all,
      I'm currently playing a restro druid mainly for Raid - Mythic +
      Can somebody explain to me; especially for raids, why my HPS is very low compared to the other healers.
      I'm currently going with 936 gs - Shoulder Leg & Finger Leg (2nd talent in lvl75)
      Crit 19%
      Haste 21%
      Mastery 27%
      Versatility 2%
      All of my items habe atleast Mastery - even 8 Items Mastery & Haste.
      Nevertheless I'm unable to compete in HPS during raids HC + Mythic.
      Maybe it's something related to my rota - my current play style is:
      - Lifeboom on tank combined with cenarion ward & rejuvenation.
      - Dotting all others with rejuvenation
      - Effloresecence somewhere at meeles
      - wild growth as soon as multipe dmg mostly combined then with flourish
      - tranquility for heavy aoe
      - swiftmed for heavy heals
      etc...

The problem is, even with this I cannot heal more than 400 - 600hps while the other healers are going with 1 mio hps.
      Maybe someone can explain my mistake.

Thanks