FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Mundunugu Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor

Guest Icedanimal

Why the mask of jeram? Does that effect spirit barrage damage or voodoo

Guest Arvernien

The rotation discussion includes information on 4 rings - Ring of Royal Grandeur, Convention of Elements, Compass Rose and Ring of Emptiness.  I assume we should drop the Convention of Elements, but it would be nice to clarify that in the guide.

Guest lawbt
51 minutes ago, Guest Icedanimal said:

Pet damage amplification curiously affects the Phantasm Phantasm spectres, which means Mask of Jeram Mask of Jeram is a natural inclusion in the armor Cube slot for its massive additive damage increase to the build.

3 hours ago, Guest Icedanimal said:

Phantasm from Phantasm Rune turns Spirit Barrage into a "pet".

Guest Mike A. S.

First, is 1.Socket and 2.Socket to Traveler's Pledge.

Second, Kanis cube has openings for other items of interest, and there are better choices to improve Spirit Berrage.

Look at Rhykker or Bloodshed, there using two ceremonial knives to boost Spirit Berrage. Voo's Juicer instead of Sacred Harvest.

I feel this build is rushed, and hope you update soon or never.

I don't understand ring of emptyness, it says it increases damage when an enemy is affected by BOTH Haunt and Swarm of Locus.

Since this build doesn't run haunt then the ring doesn't make sense, unless there was a change that isn't reflected on this site and became X or Y.

Nevermind, there was such a change. The build makes sense again.

Edited by Ryukashin
new info

Guest Rae88

Hi guys, I just wonder if in season 20 wouldn't it be better to cube both weapons (sacred harv and the barber) and wear instead VOO'S JUICER? It has natural 60% spirit barrage damage? 

Guest McBain
On 3/15/2020 at 6:39 PM, Guest Rae88 said:

Hi guys, I just wonder if in season 20 wouldn't it be better to cube both weapons (sacred harv and the barber) and wear instead VOO'S JUICER? It has natural 60% spirit barrage damage? 

Was thinking the same... not a witch doctor/mundunugu expert, but it seems criminal to not include Voo's Juicer in a spirit barrage set, I'd think?

I've finally just got all the required pieces ( excluding the cube helmet haven't found it yet, I was running through the suggest skill rotation and build says something about build up the explosion burst  from the Spirit Barrage that come from The Barber but I cannot seem to pull it off. It just explodes instance on enemy contact I tried holding skill but like I say suggested also tapping to just try it out the same result  happens. Can someone tell I am supposed to pull it off as I am reach my push limit without rolling/ reforge, but believe if I could improve my technique I could do better  before the equipment changes

Ps. I am on the PS4  

Not sure if Guest Mike meant this, but Traveler’s Pledge has Two Socket stats?

Edited by albabe

As of the current patch (2.6.8), Big Bad VoodooBig Bad Voodoo does indeed follow you from map to map and no longer requires a recast at the start of each map. Essential for speed builds. Tested this morning in both a Regular and a Greater Rift.

For those asking about Voo's JuicerVoo's Juicer, the damage loss from dropping either Mask of JeramMask of Jeram or Ring of EmptinessRing of Emptiness from the build cripples the damage multiplier for Spirit BarrageSpirit BarrageManitouManitou and precludes running higher Rifts. If you require mana regen, simply switch your Big Bad Voodoo Rune to Big Bad VoodooBig Bad VoodooRain DanceRain Dance. If mitigation is a problem it's better to use HorrifyHorrifyFrightening AspectFrightening Aspect / Soul HarvestSoul HarvestLanguishLanguish to generate rather high amounts of armor. You can also swap in Rush of EssenceRush of Essence. Rush of Essence ensures that our main mana draining spell will also "pay for itself".

Most MD Witch Doctors on the leaderboards stack STR gems to generate even more armor thanks to the generous multipliers of Horrify (+50%) and Soul Harvest paired with Sacred HarvesterSacred Harvester (+100%).

Edited by SylentWulf81
added links to relevant abilities / items for clarity

Guest DracoKC

Could we not use Locust SwarmLocust SwarmCloud of InsectsCloud of Insects for damage mitigation?

What about HauntHauntDraining SpiritDraining Spirit on higher greater rifts?

Also with the The Barber I was wondering do the hits caused during the skill use count actual hits still or just the final one when you release the skill because I am thinking of using Spirit BarrageSpirit BarrageThe Spirit Is WillingThe Spirit Is Willing

Guest ClarkNguyen91
12 hours ago, Guest DracoKC said:

Could we not use Locust SwarmLocust SwarmCloud of InsectsCloud of Insects for damage mitigation?

What about HauntHauntDraining SpiritDraining Spirit on higher greater rifts?

Also with the The Barber I was wondering do the hits caused during the skill use count actual hits still or just the final one when you release the skill because I am thinking of using Spirit BarrageSpirit BarrageThe Spirit Is WillingThe Spirit Is Willing

We can use Cloud of Insecs for reducing damage.

I test it on GR 110 Imbued and it worked well for me. 

I'm having issues with survivability. Unless I get going with 10 stacks right off the bat, a random arrow or spear or whatever will wreck me. And my friends Wizard can tank like a boss and do as much dmg as me. Is there anything I can do besides more resists/health?

On 4/2/2020 at 9:33 PM, ThomasBaka said:

I'm having issues with survivability. Unless I get going with 10 stacks right off the bat, a random arrow or spear or whatever will wreck me. And my friends Wizard can tank like a boss and do as much dmg as me. Is there anything I can do besides more resists/health?

Stack armor, put in Str gems if needed, as armor gets tremendously boosted by the build, and you have high resists as an intellect class anyways, armor is a better defensive stat. 

Guest Ezekiel

I still dont understand the use of enfocer and Mask of jeram.. ON leaderbords the highest is using "The spirit is willing" rune. Witch does not summon a "pet"

So why use the gem and the legendary head?

29 minutes ago, Guest Ezekiel said:

I still dont understand the use of enfocer and Mask of jeram.. ON leaderbords the highest is using "The spirit is willing" rune. Witch does not summon a "pet"

So why use the gem and the legendary head?

The Gazing DemiseGazing Demise offhand gives the phantasm rune, which does count as a pet.

Guest Ezekiel
11 hours ago, Orthios said:

The Gazing DemiseGazing Demise offhand gives the phantasm rune, which does count as a pet.

Gosh... how could i be this blind...Checked everything BUT the offhand...Thank you ?

Guest Asteroth

How do you release the stack, to get the explosion, I end up panicking and just keep pressing every button in turn, especially on GR rifts over 110

11 hours ago, Guest Asteroth said:

How do you release the stack, to get the explosion, I end up panicking and just keep pressing every button in turn, especially on GR rifts over 110

You can have 3 phantasms active, summoning another one will cancel it's chanelling and will release the explosion. 

Guest Why not Mana Reg?

why rolling for % spirit barage and not mana regen?

You can roll 15% spirit barrage or 14% manaregen. Mundugu set says Spirit barrage damage increased by 5x % of mana regen.

So its 15% spirit barage vs 70% from manareg+set !?