FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Mundunugu Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor

Guest JJ-Hickok

Why wouldn't you equip the sacred harvester because it has a flat 10 stack bonus and cube the barber which rolls on such a larger range!?

13 hours ago, Guest Why not Mana Reg? said:

why rolling for % spirit barage and not mana regen?

You can roll 15% spirit barrage or 14% manaregen. Mundugu set says Spirit barrage damage increased by 5x % of mana regen.

So its 15% spirit barage vs 70% from manareg+set !?

Your math seems to be wrong. It's not 14% mana regen, but a flat 14.00 mana per second. And it's additive with your base mana regeneration and other mana regeneration bonuses. TL;DR 15% skill damage will be more beneficial than 14.00 mana regen. 

Guest !?!
10 hours ago, Yolo said:

Your math seems to be wrong. It's not 14% mana regen, but a flat 14.00 mana per second. And it's additive with your base mana regeneration and other mana regeneration bonuses. TL;DR 15% skill damage will be more beneficial than 14.00 mana regen. 

Spirit Barrage deals 20,000% increased damage plus an additional % equal to 5 times your Mana Regeneration/Second.

So, if ir oll 14 mana per second on an item it should be 70% damage for spirit barrage? ?

18 hours ago, Guest !?! said:

Spirit Barrage deals 20,000% increased damage plus an additional % equal to 5 times your Mana Regeneration/Second.

So, if ir oll 14 mana per second on an item it should be 70% damage for spirit barrage? ?

Yeah but 20000%+70%=20070%

20070/20000=1,0035

So it's only a 0,35% increase to the skill damage, and it gets even worse if you calculate in Base mana regen and other mana regen rolls.

Meanwhile Skill damage (cumulative with other skill damage rolls) gets multiplied by this. 

Let's say you have 30% skill damage bonus from 2 15% rolls on other gear, and you roll another 15% on Mojo. 

Without Mojo roll: 1.3*20000=26000

With Mojo roll: 1.45*20000=29000

29000/26000=1,1153~

So it's a 11,53% increase in skill damage 

Guest TheDarkLord

In your gem recommendations you're listing Ruby STR gems instead of Topaz INT gems. Is there a reason for this other than an error?

On 4/30/2020 at 8:07 PM, Guest TheDarkLord said:

In your gem recommendations you're listing Ruby STR gems instead of Topaz INT gems. Is there a reason for this other than an error?

Str gems give armor - a very good addition to a build with high resistances and overall fragility. However, you should only use these gems if you don't lack damage, otherwise, use topaz (int) gems. In a group setting you should use topaz, also. 

Guest Spirit barrage %

Just wondering because in several places in gear you have spirit barrage % placed high in the desired stat priority ie the headdress. With Mundunugu set giving 20000 plus % and Gasing Demise giving 150 % the small percentage here and there would make little difference in overall damage. From my understanding of multipliers would not another damage related stat multiply out for higher damage?

ok so my build is a little bit different but it still kicks *filtered* and maybe someone will find it useful, but I got one problem - I can't get ring of emptiness with a socket so I can use third legendary gem - I tried everything and for a really really long time already - Kadala, upgrade rare, reforge, enchant - do you have any tip/hint which could help me?

now the build:

amulet - The Traveler's Pledge 

belt - Cord of the Sherma

bracers - Lakumba's Ornament

weapon - Voo's Juicer

mojo - Gazing Demise

ring - The Compass Rose

ring - Ring of Emptiness

Kanai powers:

Mask of Jeram - because pets

The Barber - because explosions

Tasker and Theo - because pets

You'll probably ask why the Tasker and Theo instead of Sacred Harvester, but I played a bit with both and I think the speed increase is worth it - try it yourself and tell me what you think.

On 5/8/2020 at 4:35 AM, Guest Spirit barrage % said:

Just wondering because in several places in gear you have spirit barrage % placed high in the desired stat priority ie the headdress. With Mundunugu set giving 20000 plus % and Gasing Demise giving 150 % the small percentage here and there would make little difference in overall damage. From my understanding of multipliers would not another damage related stat multiply out for higher damage?

Set bonuses, legendary affixes and Spirit barrage % are multiplicative with each other. Spirit barrage % rolls on items are cumulative. So:

SB damage=Base damage*setbonus*legendary affix(*legendary affix etc) * (sb roll+sb roll +sb roll) 

Guest Izo

Now that Blizz is looking at nerfing this build by making it so that the spectres from the phantasm rune no longer benefit from pet bonuses, how does this build change? What replacements should we use for enforcer and mask of jeram?

Guest Hello
On 5/16/2020 at 5:45 AM, Guest Izo said:

Now that Blizz is looking at nerfing this build by making it so that the spectres from the phantasm rune no longer benefit from pet bonuses, how does this build change? What replacements should we use for enforcer and mask of jeram?

Enforcer will probably be exchanged with Pain Enhancer, and Mask of Jeram with Frostburn or Aquila Cuirass, or even Leoric's Crown to reduce the downtime of Big Bad Voodoo.

Guest Friendly D3 Player

Aughild vs Captains?

i'm somehwat confused why some builds heavily rely on one or the other. (sure if some critical gear piece blocking the specific slot).

ok, so this is what top ladder plays, and sylentwulf mentioned it briefly but i still wonder:

voo's juicer
instead of
sacred harvester

and in addition

aughilds (shoulder + bracer) and witching hour
instead of
instead of captains (legs + belt) and lakumbas

voo's gives 60% dmg increase if worn in hand compared to only 15% (diluted) from sacred harvester, so roughly 45% more dmg...

overall, when following this guide:

captain+sacred+Lakumba aughild+voo+WH  
+dmg% 55%+15%=70% 30%(60 elite)+60%+15~20%=110(140)%  
dmg reduction 33%+60% => 73,6 less dmg 15(45)%  
armor +100% +50%  
other less slots, but convenient cdc (how usefull is it rly? and rcr?) free slots not used for cdr, rcr for more damage or regen  

my theorycrafting results: overall double the dps, but only 1/3rd toughness if we would exchange these.
in to mitigate this, we could use defense legendary gems instead of trapped and stricken or switch some normal gems too.

i myself like being more tough, but i wonder, why isnt this build run like this, i thought ppl would prefere the higher dps by far! and in theory it seems not that different and kinda viable (and alos we use voo's instead of the overused sacred harvester).

so what are your thoughts? am i missing something? is this somehwhat viable? why isnt it played at all (asuming from looking at the ladder).

in contrast, the zuni build favors aughilds (but would in the same way profit/lose from the dmg/def like this build if exchanging).

peace

1 hour ago, Guest Friendly D3 Player said:

Aughild vs Captains?

i'm somehwat confused why some builds heavily rely on one or the other. (sure if some critical gear piece blocking the specific slot).

ok, so this is what top ladder plays, and sylentwulf mentioned it briefly but i still wonder:

voo's juicer
instead of
sacred harvester

and in addition

aughilds (shoulder + bracer) and witching hour
instead of
instead of captains (legs + belt) and lakumbas

voo's gives 60% dmg increase if worn in hand compared to only 15% (diluted) from sacred harvester, so roughly 45% more dmg...

overall, when following this guide:

captain+sacred+Lakumba aughild+voo+WH  
+dmg% 55%+15%=70% 30%(60 elite)+60%+15~20%=110(140)%  
dmg reduction 33%+60% => 73,6 less dmg 15(45)%  
armor +100% +50%  
other less slots, but convenient cdc (how usefull is it rly? and rcr?) free slots not used for cdr, rcr for more damage or regen  

my theorycrafting results: overall double the dps, but only 1/3rd toughness if we would exchange these.
in to mitigate this, we could use defense legendary gems instead of trapped and stricken or switch some normal gems too.

i myself like being more tough, but i wonder, why isnt this build run like this, i thought ppl would prefere the higher dps by far! and in theory it seems not that different and kinda viable (and alos we use voo's instead of the overused sacred harvester).

so what are your thoughts? am i missing something? is this somehwhat viable? why isnt it played at all (asuming from looking at the ladder).

in contrast, the zuni build favors aughilds (but would in the same way profit/lose from the dmg/def like this build if exchanging).

peace

I understand what you are want to say, but there are some math issues, mainly in the multiplicative/additive department. 

Skill damage on the voo's is a roll, not an unique affix, thus Adding together with your other skill bonuses ideally 45% already, to 105% increased damage. This rounds out to a 41, 38% increase in damage output. 

And set bonuses are multiplicative with each other, so are unique affixes (orange text) legendaries and so on. 

My best bet is to sim both gear sets on d3planner, and take a look at the numbers. 

Guest Friendly D3 Player

thanks for ur reply. yes the numbers were rough estimates. for example both variants run spirit harvest, so the bonus from sacred harvester is basically 33% compared to the other build (even less with horrify).

good point regarding the voo roll tho!

so if we assume roughly that captains=aughilds then it's basically the question voo bonus + witching hour vs lakumba + sacred (and gems how you see fit). with ur input this resolves roughly to ~41% (voo) +15-20% (wh) dmg increase VS 60% dmg reduction + ~12% dmg increase (130/115 int) with somewhat different cdc, rcr.

overall i could understand that a class and skill specific item (lakumba) can or should be more powerful than a "general" leg, like WH. (just like mantel of channeling bonus is less than bakuli jungle wraps) - or maybe the toughness increase is just more relevant in this case.

Guest Friendly D3 Player

but it also somewhat seems, that this difference can somewhat be mitigated through gems, since they can provide around 40-50% dmg/def. was just wondering if anybody tried this max dps variation.

Guest Friendly D3 Player

update (if anybody is interested):

finally found my 1st barber, already had 6 voos and still no SH. so i cannot compare, but atm on GR85 the voo (non ancient) variation is still performing awesome. i'm not even using captain or aughilds, instead nemesis. so there is some potential there. maybe the difference then manifests when pushing in the really really top GR ranges.

thanks for the helpful guide though, wouldn't have know about the pet dmg increase otherwise.

Guest Deadhead

With Patch 2.6.9 making Phantasms not count as pets anymore, it seems obvious to drop Mask of Jeram and Enforcer. 

I’m thinking that Esoteric Alteration and Gogok are both possible candidates for replacing Enforcer. 

Frostburn in the cube slot maybe? Would work for extra cold damage and crowd control (freezing). 

Or Leoric’s Crown to give some extra cooldown or RCR + the interaction with Capt. Crimson. 

Guest Marco71
On 3/12/2020 at 5:25 PM, DeadOfKnight said:

Phantasm from Phantasm Rune turns Spirit Barrage into a "pet".

Patch 3.6.9 pet damage no longer applies to a Phantasm rune on Spirit Barrage.

Tried this build out for the first time a day before the nerf patch hit - I quite like it, managed a GR115 with a minute to spare @ P2700, 5 ancients, the rest of my gear non-ancient, no augments.  I wonder how much the nerf has hit though?  

I was curious as to why some people were using ruby gems in gear, now I know why.  I think I died once from 5 GRs (95,100, 105, 110 and finally a 115) and that death was a stupid mistake on my part.  That was without ruby gems in gear.  

With the nerfing, i think I'd go with pain enhancer and frostburns in cube at higher paragons, and gogok instead of pain enhancer at lower paragons.  

Guest Hello

For the Group variation, Blood Ritual and Aquila Cuirass should probably be changed to Rush of Essence and Frostburn, respectively, because the purpose of the trash killer is to deal damage.

Guest Hello

Furthermore, BBV's rune should be switched from Ghost Trance to Rain Dance.

Guest loot

The suggested armor cube is Aquila Cuirass but the build is running the Barber/Harvester weapons. I like Aquila in the cube, but only when using Voo's Juicer with Barber for The Spirit is Willing rune. I would cube either Frostburn for damage or Stone Gauntlets for the bulk that you need in the slot.

The Frostburn suggestion is good and has been added on top of the Aquila, I do agree that the loss of damage can be played around, it just depends on which direction you want to take the build.

Same goes for the suggestion to run Rain Dance in the group variation of the build; while I still think Ghost Trance provides a lot of utility to the group, it's good to note the option to go all-out on damage.

Hey thanks for the guide - enjoying this build. One minor little comment/question - even though The Barber is the focal point of the build, is it not arguably better to recommend Sacred Harvester as BiS? Simply because when you're farming for better weapons, you've got to contend with the roll on the legendary effect of Barber (which rolls from 400-500% for the explosion damage) versus the fixed 10 stack on Sacred Harvester. So I would cube Barber for the guaranteed 500% and then just work on rerolling/enchanting a nice Sacred Harvester.

I don't think there's any other difference between the two besides Barber being guaranteed to roll +cold damage