FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Mundunugu Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor

On 12/4/2020 at 1:37 PM, Guest Aquila Cuirass said:

Why Aquila Cuirass as the armor cubed? I get much better results with frostburn or nemesis bracers for lower grs.

Well, you said it yourself. "For lower GRs". At higher levels you'll need the extra survivability.

All builds on Icy Veins tend to show the "end" build - for very high GR pushing, for the very fastest farming on T16, etc. I find it's often very much a necessity to change around a few bits when still building towards on the road to the absolute end game. Running solo bounties or rifts on T13 is a different beast from trying to push to the absolute limit. Depending from set to set, you may get to a point where DMG is OK but survivability isn't, or vice versa - in such a case, try to think and experiment a bit with what might be a good way to replace just one or two items or cube slots to cover that. Hardly any builds on here feature Unity, for example, while it'll often be the single best DMG reduction item you can use...When solo.

Guest Not what I meant
22 hours ago, Bubble181 said:

Well, you said it yourself. "For lower GRs". At higher levels you'll need the extra survivability.

No, I mean I use frostburn for pushing and nems for lower GRs speed farming. This build is extremely tanky, I don't see why one would want to sacrifice that damage boost for extra toughness.

Damage increase apart, the freezing from frostburn is just so great and gives you tons of toughness by freezing all the enemies you focus. I just don't see how AC can even compete against it, imho it gives you toughness you don't really need.

I can definitely see Frostburn working very well with the build, and I've used it in the past...I'm usually using Nems as well in the cube slot, honestly - as you say, tankiness is not what this build lacks. Taking Aquila's allows other roll choices on gear, I guess.

On 12/4/2020 at 2:37 PM, Guest Aquila Cuirass said:

Why Aquila Cuirass as the armor cubed? I get much better results with frostburn or nemesis bracers for lower grs.

I think you pretty much nailed the answer with the question 🙂  The guide presents the highest GR tier pushing version upfront, which means equipping Aquila for additional protection. Both of your alterations however are very sensible when it comes to lower GR farming!

Guest same thing as above
27 minutes ago, Deadset said:

I think you pretty much nailed the answer with the question 🙂  The guide presents the highest GR tier pushing version upfront, which means equipping Aquila for additional protection. Both of your alterations however are very sensible when it comes to lower GR farming!

I think you also didn't understand that correctly. As I said too the other mate above I go with frostburn for pushing and nems for farming. The only problem is collecting stacks of soul harvest when the rift starts, once at 10 it's a breeze.

Hi Deadset / community, thanks for the build. I've been farming it out with it. I got a question for you, through the "fast farm guide", I've understood why you went with BigBadVoodoo-RainDance, and then it got me thinking when I was stuck pushing for GR.

What about replacing BloodRitual for RushOfEssence ? I find myself getting up to 300 mana regeneration per second through my casts, which should multiply by 5 through the 6 piece. I've been playing around with it and liking it more and more.

I think I just don't like the BloodRitual passive in this build, I've pushed GRs through PierceTheVeil and RushOfEssence and would like your input on those.

Thanks again !

I somehow completely missed that this guide suggests Blood Ritual. I really don't see why you'd use that in this build, I'm running it with Rush of Essence, as well. RoE means your main spender is pretty much free, and it increases damage. 

Blood Ritual is a decent passive, especially for Aquila Cuirass maintenance in high end GR pushes, but you are right - it cannot be considered over the universal usefulness of RoE in this build, which is currently presented as merely an alternative passive. I will revise the passive selection and it should be up on the website shortly.

2 hours ago, WeyrleaderZor said:

I have the same question. Can you GET two sockets on this?!

No, you can't. Seems like a typo/minor error. It can't roll 7 stats, either, so one of them just has to go.

Guest Confused Witch Dr
On 9/17/2020 at 1:30 AM, Deadset said:

Nope, that simply adds the effect of the additional listed runes, Phlebotomize and The Spirit is Willing. The additive damage increase affix is decent, but will lose you too much toughness compared to the Sacred Harvester.

Sorry this is an old topic, but it's the closest to my current question.  I'm trying to finish up Ethereals, running Mundunugu with Voo's as my weapon, Barber cubed, Gazing Demise off-hand.  I don't see the Phlebotomize or Spirit is Willing effects when I use it.  Does Voo's work with Gazing Demise but just not show the effects?  

Guest LauSu

Quick question, I don't understand why this recommends dregs of lies? I thought that the spirits no longer benefit from pet bonuses?

Guest Kakelpoenie

Certainly worth mentioning: I found out that the Legendary Power from the mojo Shukrani's Triumph (Spirit Walk last until 3 attacks or until you're within 20 yards of an Elite) does not get canceled by Spirit Barrage's Manitou's attacks. Hyperspeed crowd clearing!