FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Mundunugu Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor

On 7/6/2020 at 8:06 AM, DrWurm said:

(...) So I would cube Barber for the guaranteed 500% and then just work on rerolling/enchanting a nice Sacred Harvester.

This is a very fair point, and I have adjusted the guide accordingly. The change should reflect on the website shortly.

Guest Croc

Hi,

I have few questions about this build, because i have big survivability issues... I try to break the GR 117, but i take too many damages and die instantly... so i was wondering if :

- it's wasn't better to switch Endless Walk bonus for Squirt's Necklace/Convention of element ring ? 

- to switch Sacred Harvester for Voo's Juicer ? I have the feeling to get more staying power with the Voo's... And i don't have the feeling to be stronger or get more longevity with 10 stacks of Soul Harvest... I'm very new to D3 so if you have advices....

Thank you

On 7/16/2020 at 6:51 PM, Guest Croc said:

Hi,

I have few questions about this build, because i have big survivability issues... I try to break the GR 117, but i take too many damages and die instantly... so i was wondering if :

- it's wasn't better to switch Endless Walk bonus for Squirt's Necklace/Convention of element ring ? 

- to switch Sacred Harvester for Voo's Juicer ? I have the feeling to get more staying power with the Voo's... And i don't have the feeling to be stronger or get more longevity with 10 stacks of Soul Harvest... I'm very new to D3 so if you have advices....

Thank you

Hey there - a viable alteration of the build which can yield more survivability is to equip Voo's Juicer and cube The Barber, and go for Aquila's Cuirass as your armor Cube power. Personally I wouldn't swap the Endless Walk set for Squirt's, since the latter would make you even more glassy with its "damage taken increased" tradeoff.

Guest Croc
11 hours ago, Deadset said:

Hey there - a viable alteration of the build which can yield more survivability is to equip Voo's Juicer and cube The Barber, and go for Aquila's Cuirass as your armor Cube power. Personally I wouldn't swap the Endless Walk set for Squirt's, since the latter would make you even more glassy with its "damage taken increased" tradeoff.

Hi, thank for your answer.

So it's better to use the Aquila's Cuirass...with the passive skill Rush of Essence? Or the Voo is enough to give the skill of the Aquila ?

On 7/20/2020 at 12:10 AM, Guest Croc said:

So it's better to use the Aquila's Cuirass...with the passive skill Rush of Essence? Or the Voo is enough to give the skill of the Aquila ?

I would try it out without RoE at first, The Spirit Is Willing is great for Mana management - that being said, RoE is always a welcome addition to the build and if you want to be rock solid on Aquila uptime, it's not a mistake to add it.

Guest Question
3 hours ago, Deadset said:

I would try it out without RoE at first, The Spirit Is Willing is great for Mana management - that being said, RoE is always a welcome addition to the build and if you want to be rock solid on Aquila uptime, it's not a mistake to add it.

Why is Blood Ritual recommended instead of Rush of Essence? Both passives kind of fulfil the same purpose (support Aquila Cuirass), but RoE also provides additional damage bonuses through the Mundunugu 6p bonus.

Guest Asalis

The guide contradicts itself: if it's as it was in season 20 the rings are The Compass Rose and Ring of Emptiness?? Or did it switch to Compass Rose and Convention of Elements?

Guest Hello
21 hours ago, Guest Asalis said:

The guide contradicts itself: if it's as it was in season 20 the rings are The Compass Rose and Ring of Emptiness?? Or did it switch to Compass Rose and Convention of Elements?

The rings should be The Compass Rose and Ring of Emptiness

On 7/23/2020 at 2:58 PM, Guest Asalis said:

There is a copy-paste error in the opening paragraph, but the guide and its tables correctly state the Endless Walk set + Ring of EmptinessRing of Emptiness combination. It has been fixed and will be up on the site shortly, sorry for the confusion.

ok i have a question i recently received both Boots and Pants that are primal for the Mundunugu set... wearing these would obviously break up my crimson pieces... quest is there a good way to wear both these pieces or should i keep the captains and which of the two primals would better better to use.... Thank You!!

On 9/4/2020 at 5:05 PM, Chuugg said:

ok i have a question i recently received both Boots and Pants that are primal for the Mundunugu set... wearing these would obviously break up my crimson pieces... quest is there a good way to wear both these pieces or should i keep the captains and which of the two primals would better better to use.... Thank You!!

I would keep the Cpt. Crimson bonus intact and wear the better rolled Primal Mundunugu - either the pants or the boots. I understand that it sucks that you got the two possible conflicting pieces with Crimson and can't wear both cool Primals, but... ? So it goes sometimes.

Guest omnidragon23

What about voos jucier? It adds 2 more of the spirt barrage runes so would that increase damage 

On 9/11/2020 at 5:54 AM, Guest omnidragon23 said:

What about voos jucier? It adds 2 more of the spirt barrage runes so would that increase damage 

Nope, that simply adds the effect of the additional listed runes, Phlebotomize and The Spirit is Willing. The additive damage increase affix is decent, but will lose you too much toughness compared to the Sacred Harvester.

Can someone explain why I'm taking half of the life of the Rift Guardian after some time atacking him? It was on a x4 group in a GR 117. It means that I hit around 2.5 Quadrilion. I really want to understand more about the mechanic, can someone clarify it to me? Thanks in advance for your time :)!

On 9/19/2020 at 11:08 PM, Agylittyz said:

Can someone explain why I'm taking half of the life of the Rift Guardian after some time atacking him? It was on a x4 group in a GR 117. It means that I hit around 2.5 Quadrilion. I really want to understand more about the mechanic, can someone clarify it to me? Thanks in advance for your time :)!

Hey -what you are observing is the detonation of accumulated damage, since Spirit Barrage explodes when either of the following occurs:
A) You cast a fourth phantasm, detonating the accumulated damage by the first one being replaced;
or B) The monster (Guardian, in this case) has accumulated its entire life in damage and detonates while dying.

Probably the strongest/fasted I've ever felt with a Witch Doctor, and honestly, its competing with the Demon Hunter(Steampunk). Hard to decide which is faster, might be the WD...either way, as it stands, all the pieces/gems are perfect. I don't see any weaknesses...defense is covered, speed kills, and the dmg is ridiculous. Also Big Bad Voodoo actually being up all the time? What a time to be alive.

Hey, just a minor thing, but with the S22 uppdate (I think), the buttons to the speed farming and trash killer builds are now incorrectly labeled as Zuni DoD speedfarmnig and trash killer variations. The links do go to the right page (Mundu speed and trash), though, so it's just esthetics.

Guest answer
On 11/21/2020 at 3:04 AM, Guest Question said:

Wouldn't Convention of Elements be stronger than Voo's Juicer?

If you saying in the cube then yes, but keep in mind voo's juicer is the weapons you should always wear in mh, its legendary power is weak, you wear it for extra spirit barrage%.

On 11/23/2020 at 11:12 AM, Bubble181 said:

Hey, just a minor thing, but with the S22 uppdate (I think), the buttons to the speed farming and trash killer builds are now incorrectly labeled as Zuni DoD speedfarmnig and trash killer variations. The links do go to the right page (Mundu speed and trash), though, so it's just esthetics.

Hey there, thanks for catching that! Sending a small fix.

Guest Hello
On 11/24/2020 at 9:22 PM, Guest answer said:

If you saying in the cube then yes, but keep in mind voo's juicer is the weapons you should always wear in mh, its legendary power is weak, you wear it for extra spirit barrage%.

Yes, but The Barber or Sacred Harvester can be worn, with the other cubed, so that the 4th cube slot can be Convention of Elements or Ring of Emptiness, with the other ring worn.

That is to say, isn't the extra spirit barrage damage roll worse than Convention of Elements?

Guest same guy
3 hours ago, Guest Hello said:

Yes, but The Barber or Sacred Harvester can be worn, with the other cubed, so that the 4th cube slot can be Convention of Elements or Ring of Emptiness, with the other ring worn.

You wear the barber (+dmg) and sacred harvester (+dmg and def) for their legendary properties, the voo's juicer is only used for its spirit barrage dmg, this means that with 1 slot weapon available and 1 wild card you should cube the two legendaries that are useful and wear the +spirit damage (voo's) in main hand. Barber is more damage than voo's, sacred harvester gives too good bonuses to drop it, so that's why voo's was never actually used in this build. Now having the wild card in cube you can use all three, with barber and harvester always in the cube.

3 hours ago, Guest Hello said:

That is to say, isn't the extra spirit barrage damage roll worse than Convention of Elements?

Voo's juicer will always be better. At highest roll voo's gives you +60% dmg increase. CoE is +50% if you use the most of it (+40% for monks).

Another thing is coe can be very situational and if you miss your window you suffer big dps loss.

Also with coe you will lose tons of damage when fighting the rift guardian because of how manitou works.

Guest Hello
On 11/27/2020 at 3:07 AM, Guest same guy said:

Voo's juicer will always be better. At highest roll voo's gives you +60% dmg increase. CoE is +50% if you use the most of it (+40% for monks).

Another thing is coe can be very situational and if you miss your window you suffer big dps loss.

Also with coe you will lose tons of damage when fighting the rift guardian because of how manitou works.

Yes, but Voo's spirit barrage damage roll is additive to other spirit barrage damage rolls, whereas Convention of Elements is an independent multiplier.

How does CoE + Manitou lose damage against the RG?

Guest vooisbetter
8 hours ago, Guest Hello said:

Yes, but Voo's spirit barrage damage roll is additive to other spirit barrage damage rolls, whereas Convention of Elements is an independent multiplier.

It doesn't work like that. They are both additive inside their proper category and multiplicative with other modifiers. CoE is +elemental skill damage, spirit barrage is skill% - damage increased by skills.

8 hours ago, Guest Hello said:

How does CoE + Manitou lose damage against the RG?

Manitou is constantly accumulated on the rift guardian and once the accumulated damage is enough to kill it, it does. With CoE you do low damage outside of the cold cycle and then compensate for the damage lost during the 4s opportunity window. I don't know what gr you are right now, but after some time I have reached a point where I complete the gr with 6-7 seconds left. If you run with coe and cold damage triggers after that time you fail the gr since the guardian will be killed few seconds after the time is up.

The main problem here is why people run with CoE at all. It's a horrible ring,but usually there is no alternative, it's the highest boost in most of the cases if you are looking at the jewelry options because most of the classes simply got no other thing to use. In case of mundunugu spirit barrage there is an alternative, so that's why coe is not used. Check the group trash killer variant of the build, there you use coe because there is no other ring that would benefit you in boosting your damage.

Said all of that, I don't know why you just don't switch the items to your liking and check it for yourself in practice?

Guest Aquila Cuirass

Why Aquila Cuirass as the armor cubed? I get much better results with frostburn or nemesis bracers for lower grs.