Jump to content
FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Shadowlands Alpha Streams, Ion Hazzikostas Interview

Recommended Posts

5p3iMkX.jpg
 

The gates of the Shadowlands Alpha have opened and there are quite a number of people streaming right now, so we thought we'd spotlight some of them. First off we have Sloot, who has the distinction of hosting an interview with game Director Ion Hazzikostas on his stream soon:

Then there's Method's 24/7 channel, doing a similar thing to their Race to World first event, with raider Cayna and caster Falcone commentating over various Method streams:

Sticking withe the top raiders, we have current World First guild master Max from Complexity Limit and Method's own GM streaming as well:

Then we have some of the most popular personalities, with Toweliee and Preach:

There's plenty more to see, of course, so if these aren't enough, head on over to the Twitch WoW directory and pick your favorite!

 

Latest Shadowlands News

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah of course, the streamers get in first... Method and CL I get, they are the ones that will push the game furthest in terms of raiding and have done so. Streamers are just another plague and I can't wait for it to go. 

 

I am aware they're free advertising and it makes business sense, just generally dislike streamer and influencers (mainly the latter)

Edited by Bobbis
edit
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bobbis said:

Streamers are just another plague and I can't wait for it to go.

How are they a plague? Can you elaborate more on this...?

7 hours ago, Bobbis said:

I am aware they're free advertising and it makes business sense

I can understand seeing the issue with Streamers getting it "first", but keep in mind some streamers have strong opinions that won't praise the game I.E Preach. I think it's a smart move on Blizzards part to see what can be fixed and not fixed. Especially with the controversial Covenant mechanic introduced in Shadowlands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rhondis said:

How are they a plague? Can you elaborate more on this...?

I can understand seeing the issue with Streamers getting it "first", but keep in mind some streamers have strong opinions that won't praise the game I.E Preach. I think it's a smart move on Blizzards part to see what can be fixed and not fixed. Especially with the controversial Covenant mechanic introduced in Shadowlands.

Plague side is that there's so many of them, and this is also including influencers and non wow related, they've turned things from helpful, into a ballache to find things. Anything you search for there's a video that's 90% crap and waffle, and 10% what you want. Even things like recipes for food, 80% of page rubbish, 20% actual recipe. Just anyone out trying to make money from advertising which has led us into the need for adblockers.

The volume of these, and any media outlet really has also helped the spread of misinformation, and the ability for anything to become exaggerated. 

 

On the streamers getting it first, the issue there is "some", I have heard of preach and yes he doesn't sound like a blizz shill, which is good, but many are. There are also a lot of people who don't stream, who would also be the critical voice needed that won't get a chance at alpha, or even beta, because the priority seems to be streamers and the free advertising they bring.

I've been lucky to get into the last two beta's, but at late stages. I reported all the bugs I found and tried to test as much as I could whilst also playing live. I watched a couple of streams at the time where they just ignored things and used the new content just to get likes/views and show it off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bobbis said:

Plague side is that there's so many of them, and this is also including influencers and non wow related, they've turned things from helpful, into a ballache to find things. Anything you search for there's a video that's 90% crap and waffle, and 10% what you want. Even things like recipes for food, 80% of page rubbish, 20% actual recipe. Just anyone out trying to make money from advertising which has led us into the need for adblockers.

 

Any form of platform that promises a steady stream of revenue is of course going to draw a lot of attention... but it doesn't mean it's a bad thing. People can pursue their desired jobs if they want, even if it just means living off of donations and subs. 

However, I fail to see why they are not helpful in terms of searching for a video. As someone who doesn't own a TV and mainly uses Youtube I hardly see any negative effect that you claim these streamers bring when searching for a video. A vast majority of the time I am able to search up what I need and boom. In fact, I hardly even see any streamer videos unless you go out of your way searching for them I suppose. 

You have a cynical way of looking at streamers in a negative light. I will admit, there are a couple of bad apples, H3H3 being an example who streams his Podcasts and in turn places snippets he thinks are good on Youtube for money which can harm the reputation of such streaming services like twitch. But then again you got some quality streamers who just genuinely want to entertain folks, much like Sips from the Yogscast, Day9 TV, and Winterstarcraft to name a few. Just because there is a whole lotta of em, doesn't mean Streamers as whole are bad in general. 

Also to put my two-cents out there, it is quite smart for Blizzard to give the Alpha access to these streamers. Even if the streamers are Blizzard Shills or not, the viewers themselves get to see the gameplay and mechanics put forth in this upcoming expansion which in turns drive forward discussion and adding ideas to improve, change, or remove systems that are implemented. Who knows, maybe with enough feed back Covenants could be changed for the better and not become another system that punishes you for not min/max the correct way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Rhondis said:

Any form of platform that promises a steady stream of revenue is of course going to draw a lot of attention... but it doesn't mean it's a bad thing. People can pursue their desired jobs if they want, even if it just means living off of donations and subs. 

However, I fail to see why they are not helpful in terms of searching for a video. As someone who doesn't own a TV and mainly uses Youtube I hardly see any negative effect that you claim these streamers bring when searching for a video. A vast majority of the time I am able to search up what I need and boom. In fact, I hardly even see any streamer videos unless you go out of your way searching for them I suppose. 

You have a cynical way of looking at streamers in a negative light. I will admit, there are a couple of bad apples, H3H3 being an example who streams his Podcasts and in turn places snippets he thinks are good on Youtube for money which can harm the reputation of such streaming services like twitch. But then again you got some quality streamers who just genuinely want to entertain folks, much like Sips from the Yogscast, Day9 TV, and Winterstarcraft to name a few. Just because there is a whole lotta of em, doesn't mean Streamers as whole are bad in general. 

Also to put my two-cents out there, it is quite smart for Blizzard to give the Alpha access to these streamers. Even if the streamers are Blizzard Shills or not, the viewers themselves get to see the gameplay and mechanics put forth in this upcoming expansion which in turns drive forward discussion and adding ideas to improve, change, or remove systems that are implemented. Who knows, maybe with enough feed back Covenants could be changed for the better and not become another system that punishes you for not min/max the correct way?

You raise valid points, and I don't totally disagree with them, just find most incredibly annoying and encouraging of poor behaviour. In retrospect it's mostly influencers and the idea of them that I really dislike, but I've yet to find a streamer to like. Few vids of Spiffing Brit were ok, but just gets OTT, and I like tea but jesus... 

The other side is I'm not looking for vids, I prefer text and reading to a video. In all the years of raiding, I have found the IV/WH/TB written guides far more useful than any video bar archi mythic, but that *filtered* was mad. YT is ok but again far too many ads. For a company we know uses and sells our data, to then have that many ads, and also ask for premium is just extortionate. 

As I said, business wise it makes sense, however I wouldn't agree that it helps much. Yes it drives discussion, but as seen on reddit and WH, there's so many views on anything before things are really seen and tried properly. Seeing things in a stream, unless fully live, is open to edits and things being exaggerated or hushed, or just put out of context. Hell, people just seeing patch notes can show full on arguments and debates about very much unknowns. The AoE cap for example, I am not a fan in theory, but if it means dungeons have less trash but maybe more important stuff, I'm happier. There have been discussions on Reddit and WH over how it's good/bad, why, what for, why it's the end of the world etc, but there's no way to know until we see the dungeons and try it. And that was before the T+E(?) interview where it was somewhat explained.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Stan
      Method ran Ny'alotha on Heroic difficulty with a raid comprised of 29 Mages and one Demon Hunter, and while they downed all the bosses including N'Zoth, the clear highlight is Dresta'gath that has been defeated in just 22 seconds.
      You can watch the Pyroblast shower and Dresta'gath's decreasing health bar in the following video:

      (Source)
    • By Starym
      DesMephisto is back (or, more accurately, he never left, as he constantly strives to improve his leveling speeds), and he's gotten his speed record for 1-50 Shadowlands leveling significantly down from his last attempt! 3 hours and 56 minutes (or 3 h 37 min, if you remove the "screwing around" parts) is all it took to get to the equivalent of today's level 120, using Chromie time in Warlords of Draenor, beating the previous best we reported by over an hour and a half.

      Now, it's important to mention that Blizzard have stated in interviews that the current XP rates and leveling speeds on Alpha aren't final and are very rough at the moment, but it's till great to see players going for these speed records nonetheless.
      And here's the last minute or so of the leveling process, and you can check out the whole thing below as well:


      You can also check out our recent interview with the man himself, where he goes into all the many recent achievements he's had, from the 46 max level warriors, to the speed leveling, Autism charity, Guinness World Record and more.
    • By Starym
      Another reset has come to MOTHER, the Preserved Contaminants/corruption effect vendor, with the US realms getting the new stock while EU realms need to wait a bit more, with their reset arriving today at 9 PM CET. It's again time to get your Echoes of Ny'alotha ready and get what you're missing, until June 2nd when the list resets again.
      Severe Rank 1 (10 Corruption) - 3,000 Echoes
      Increases the amount of Critical Strike you gain from all sources by 6%. Siphoner Rank 1 (17 Corruption)- 4,250 Echoes
      Increases your Leech by 3%. Expedient Rank 2 (15 Corruption)  - 4,125 Echoes
      Increases the amount of Haste you gain from all sources by 9%. Twilight Devastation Rank 2 (50 Corruption) - 10,000 Echoes
      Your attacks have a chance to trigger a beam of Twilight Devastation, dealing damage equal to 12.00% of your health to all enemies in front of you. Honed Mind  Rank 3 (35 Corruption) - 7,875 Echoes
      Your spells and abilities have a chance to increase your Mastery by 915 for 10 sec. Strikethrough Rank 3 (20 Corruption) - 5,000 Echoes
      Increases the damage and healing you deal with Critical Strikes by 4%. You can still buy last week's Contaminants on Eu servers, with the list here.
       
      Check out our Corrupted Items guide for more details about the system!
    • By Stan
      Blizzard is selling commemorative Wrath of the Lich King-themed server blades through the Chinese Gear Store for 4,999 CNY (approx. 700$) each.
      Only 291 pieces will be sold in total through May 31, 2020. Unfortunately, the server blades cannot be delivered outside of China. The blades also come with a 125 sterling silver coin. You can find more details by visiting Gear Store.



    • By Stan
      3D Artist Dronmo has created a jungle in Unreal Engine 4 inspired by Stranglethorn Vale.
      Here's a comparison of the Stranglethorn Vale in World of Warcraft and the recreated version of the zone in Unreal Engine 4 taken from ArtStation.

      Here's another comparison of the zone.

      The artist teamed up with his friend, a guitar virtuoso, who produced ambient relaxing music for the video.
      (Source)
×
×
  • Create New...