FORUMS
Damien

Demon Hunter Hungering Arrow with GoD

Guest niner

hey guys, i've pretty much followed this guide and have nearly identical build and stats, but my hatred keeps draining pretty fast!!
I don't understand why... When I starta rift or bounty I shoot HA 6 times to buuild my momentum stacks, and activate all skills, and then when I start to strafe my hatred slowly decreases even when I shoot HA every 4 seconds.

help please?

thank you

Guest Rae88

Hi, thanks for a great build! My question is - what about the variation of this build with Entangling Shot?  Of course it would be used as a second primary skill just to obtain a bonus from Odyssey's End. It would make this build a little bit more difficult to play, but it gives a huge dmg multiplier from that bow - it's necessary just to drop Valla's Bequest and cube Dawn and of course swap Shadow Power for Entangling Shot

Guest Endy

Same issue as Guest Niner: running out of hatred pretty quickly even with regular, frequent, manual shots of Hungering Arrow.

I switched the rune on Vengeance to Seethe, and that helped a lot on the hatred issue, but gave up all the damage reduction of Dark Heart and felt a lot squishier.

Guest Hello
16 hours ago, Guest Endy said:

Same issue as Guest Niner: running out of hatred pretty quickly even with regular, frequent, manual shots of Hungering Arrow.

I switched the rune on Vengeance to Seethe, and that helped a lot on the hatred issue, but gave up all the damage reduction of Dark Heart and felt a lot squishier.

Companion's rune can be changed to Bat Companion.

Resource cost reduction can be rolled Mechanical Pauldrons, and Increased Hatred regeneration can be rolled on Galvanized Vest.

Guest Travis

Why is bolas not being used? It seems to work better as it will pull alot of enemies in and damage them all where as Fingering Arrow will only hit a few through its pierce.

Hey all! The note by the Guest poster on Hatred management is correct; while you are still learning the ropes of the build and perfecting your gear, you can make a quick swap to the Bat Companion rune for the Hatred restoration passive and active. I've added it as a side note to the guide.

As for Travis' question - there is an entire variation dedicated to Bolas (check out the separate page!) and it's completely viable; the base suggested build however is Hungering Arrow due to its much higher damage potential.

Guest Devilbus

Regarding Hatred:

Ive found life very simple by simply replacing the Archery passive with the Night Hunter (or w/e it’s called. Not on my account right now to check. It’s the passive that causes generators to build an additional 4 hatred.) This works in every aspect of the game, you just need mobs to hit. The HA’s caused by the 4pc seems to build hatred as well so as long as you don’t spam strafe with nothing around like a WW Barb, you shouldn’t have any issues.

Guest Hunter

hello there,

i noticed a little.. mistake?bug? with the 2set bonus. its easy to test building up stacks while standing in the city... 5 shots - 20stacks, voila. but in a fight with a medium amount of enemies i noticed that primary skill "not always" build up stacks.

example: 16 stacks left, i stop using strafe and start to use primary shots for 3sec (~5 or 6 shots) and not a single stack  was added.

remember - each shot should add 4 stacks. i tested this with different keyboard/mouse mappings. did anyone notice this mistake as well? or am i forget a certain "how this mechanic works" thing?

Guest Hunter

I just solved the problem...

i was using calamity in my off hand. When an enemy is hit by calamity it does not always generate a stack of the set. The issue is reproducable, so just avoid using this weapon. I am not sure if thats the way its meant to be..

Guest Narve

What about using the ring of royal grandeur in the cube and using the mantle of channeling instead of one set piece? 

Sure 200% from convention is great for burst but this build is about sustained damage so I think it would fit well..

Or am I missing something? :)

Guest vallas?

can you explain the logic behind using Valla's a bit more? I don't seem to be having trouble proccing the 4p without it; does using a valla's make it stack or something?

currently I'm using dawn/cirri's and cubing a buriza which seems pretty solid, but maybe I'm misunderstanding something

Guest ttravels

I replaced K'mar Tenclip with Dawn ( longer Vengeance CD, but 100% more strafe dmg and 2 runes for strafe is my preference), balanced out a few other things, and it works better, much improved.

Guest Bazi

Hi!

The build feels great but i have huge issues with survivabiltiy. Almost everything is one-hitting me, no matter if I have 20 stacks and shadow power active, all emeny attacks hit like a truck. Is there something i miss? So far i have no diamonds in chest and pants, but i doubt that will be enough to change anything. 

Guest Mex
14 hours ago, Guest Narve said:

What about using the ring of royal grandeur in the cube and using the mantle of channeling instead of one set piece? 

Sure 200% from convention is great for burst but this build is about sustained damage so I think it would fit well..

Or am I missing something? :)

CoE is running a four element rotation on DH so it is effectively 50% increased damage while Mantle of Channeling only gives you 25%. The shoulders also decrease the damage taken by 25% but even with that, I don't believe it's worth it.

7 hours ago, Guest Bazi said:

The build feels great but i have huge issues with survivabiltiy.

Hey! To increase tankyness over raw DPS, I can recommend doing the following:

1) Going with the Fortress BallistaFortress Ballista over Valla's Bequest (very viable weapon alteration overall);

2) Replacing the Convention of Elements in the Cube with Elusive RingElusive Ring (noticeable damage dropoff, but great increase in toughness/consistency);

3) If the above was not enough, dropping the Focus+Restraint ring combo for a UnityUnity (along with one on your follower, plus an immortality relic like Enchanting FavorEnchanting Favor for him) plus Convention of Elements ring duo.

• Thanks 1

Guest TWillo
19 hours ago, Guest vallas? said:

can you explain the logic behind using Valla's a bit more? I don't seem to be having trouble proccing the 4p without it; does using a valla's make it stack or something?

currently I'm using dawn/cirri's and cubing a buriza which seems pretty solid, but maybe I'm misunderstanding something

On 6/30/2020 at 10:13 AM, Damien said:

This thread is for comments about our GoD Hungering Arrow Demon Hunter build.

Is the adapted build using depth diggers and different rings quicker and better for high GR’s? 

Guest IZO

I'm a little confused as to what stats I should be prioritizing on my weapons. Does "high weapon damage" refer to high base damage or damage %? For example, I have a dawn that rolled with cooldown reduction. Should I roll off one of the other stats for 10% damage or for 24% area damage? Which would be more beneficial?

Hey, a quick question - is there a difference whether I use Dawn in my main hand or offhand? I ask this because, at the moment, I have an ancient Valla's which I use in the main hand for the increased dps. Respectively, Dawn, at the moment, is in my offhand and Cirri is in the Cube.

Guest Hello
15 hours ago, Shaymon said:

Hey, a quick question - is there a difference whether I use Dawn in my main hand or offhand? I ask this because, at the moment, I have an ancient Valla's which I use in the main hand for the increased dps. Respectively, Dawn, at the moment, is in my offhand and Cirri is in the Cube.

It doesn't matter which hand crossbow is used for the mainhand and the offhand, because Strafe and Hungering Arrow are not cooldown-based skills, so their damage calculation alternates among both hand crossbows (, although the weapons' gems and area damage rolls counts towards total, of which is multiplied by whichever weapon is determined for damage calculation).

On 7/9/2020 at 1:16 AM, Guest IZO said:

I'm a little confused as to what stats I should be prioritizing on my weapons. Does "high weapon damage" refer to high base damage or damage %? For example, I have a dawn that rolled with cooldown reduction. Should I roll off one of the other stats for 10% damage or for 24% area damage? Which would be more beneficial?

High weapon damage means base damage. AD vs. Dmg% can depend on what you are doing (solo vs. group), but it's generally safer to roll for groups and go for AD.

Guest Travis

Has anyone tried using this variation?

Switch out CoE for RRoG and then wearing the Depth Diggers and then Cubing the Hunters wrath or Hellcats waist guard with the demolition rune of strafe? Then also using the appropriate passive.

Guest foobar

Is it advisable to even keep a follower around while solo pushing GRs?

I certainly don't know anything about pushing GRs I just noticed that followers seem to compromise my ability to generate density. Without follower I managed to complete another GR and it felt like I could maybe still do one more. (HC, ~GR118)

Guest Keorl

So this build has 5 good passives. I like to use perception.

When I crafted a hellfire amulet, I got perception so I kept this amulet and used archery. Now I have all 5 passives.

Does it make sense to use one of the 5 passives in a hellfire amulet so that you have all 5, instead of "the flavor of time" ? Or am I just wrong ? I'm not fond of the flavor of time's legendary effect as is relies on rng and seems like a default amulet you use when you don't have a much better choice. Then again, it does have 5 primary attributes while the hellfire only has 4, so it might compensate the loss of "archery" passive.
Right now my hellfire amulet has this : 670 dex, 6% attack speed, 9% crit chance (from myriam), socket
I found an ancient flavor of time with : fire skills dmg+17%, 825 dex, 20577 life per hit, 7% cd reduction, 12% movement speed, no socket ... I like that it's "ancient" but there are too many stats I'd have to change (basically all of them except dex. Btw the guide looks wrong as it tell me 4+2 stats but the item has 5+1)