FORUMS
positiv2

Subtlety Rogue Leveling

17 hours ago, Guest QuarterLeg said:

Cold Blood isn't useable, unless you're Level 35 or have the Honor Level 10

Thanks for the heads-up, I changed the order of the honor talents to be more clear what to pick at certain level thresholds.

On your guide, step 6, sounds strange, using Shadowstrike on 2 and more targets and using Shuriken Storm instead of Backstab, is it possibly the other way around?

On 11/8/2020 at 2:04 PM, Psionic said:

On your guide, step 6, sounds strange, using Shadowstrike on 2 and more targets and using Shuriken Storm instead of Backstab, is it possibly the other way around?

Thanks for pointing this out, I will change the order of words on that one to be more clear.

Yes, use Shuriken Storm when fighting multiple targets.

For Premeditation, I've been using it and it works 99% properly. It grants you 10sec of Slice and Dice, and if Slice and Dice is already active then it adds 10sec to its duration and gives 2 extra combo points, so you can keep SnD stacked up constantly when going from mob to mob.

The 1% problem I've found with it is if you have Subterfuge. If you don't OPEN with Shadowstrike, the effect isn't granted at all, which is only a problem if you open with Cheap Shot, like if taking Shot in the Dark.

So yeah, premed has been working great for me in that regard, you have enough time for 3 gcds (counting the opener as #1) getting some opening wammies on squishies or a rupture on anything living long enough.

Edited by Norek

Guest Stickystabby

The thief's bargain war mode talent does not do what this guide says it does fyi.

16 hours ago, Guest Stickystabby said:

The thief's bargain war mode talent does not do what this guide says it does fyi.

Thank you, will be fixed shortly.

Guest Seks

Hi 🙂

[Cold Blood] (PvP Talent) has been removed with patch 9.1.0.

What instead for leveling? Please change. thank you.

On 4/22/2022 at 2:31 PM, Guest Seks said:

Hi 🙂

[Cold Blood] (PvP Talent) has been removed with patch 9.1.0.

What instead for leveling? Please change. thank you.

Hey, sorry for late response.

We recommend Death From Above as the third honor talent, although if you'd rather not have an extra button to press for leveling the last choice does not matter too much as none of them are damage increases.

On 3/20/2023 at 11:18 PM, Guest ... said:

The Subtlety recommended leveling path is missing.

The writer fixed the issue reported. If any other issue, do let us know. Thank you.

Guest Chuck

Error with leveling guides.  Says pick Improved Backstab at level 11 but you dont get backstab until level 14. 

Guest Blackwolf2406

The rotation and talent breakdown bar is missing for subtlety, I can't adjust it to my level like I can with other classes, so reading the rotation for rogue is very confusing for me (my first rogue character so I'm very new to it). I'm not sure if this is the same as the leveling path I see people mentioning, so if it is, it doesn't seem to be fixed, well for me anyway. It's been really helpful though for my other classes and specs that I don't usually play, so hopefully this will be sorted soon🙂

On 7/22/2023 at 10:52 AM, Guest Blackwolf2406 said:

The rotation and talent breakdown bar is missing for subtlety, I can't adjust it to my level like I can with other classes, so reading the rotation for rogue is very confusing for me (my first rogue character so I'm very new to it). I'm not sure if this is the same as the leveling path I see people mentioning, so if it is, it doesn't seem to be fixed, well for me anyway. It's been really helpful though for my other classes and specs that I don't usually play, so hopefully this will be sorted soon🙂

Thanks for noticing that this is broken, this will be fixed later today!

Guest AquaBunny

I found 2 errors in the tree's. First at lvl 28 you go for big spender, but you cannot do that until you take Shadowstep, which you take at lvl 34. And secondly in the subtlety tree, you have us choose secret technique at lvl 25, but we need 1 more point before we can spent it at that part, which according to your guide comes at lvl 29 with shadow blades.

This is undoubtetly due to latest patches, but thought you would want to know :D

Hi There, at level 25 Secret Technique is not available in the talent tree.

Please fix.

Thank you

(the post before already mentioned it)

Edited by Psionic

Hi There, thank you for fixing Level 25 issue.

I also found out level 28 and Level 32 should be swapped, as tight spender is not available at level 28, but shadow step is.

thank you so much for your great work.

Edited by Psionic

Guest Dinamo

Hi, thanks for the great guide.

If I'm reading it correctly, it's all there except the most important bit - the leveling rotation :) Yeah there's a lot of info which spell to cast before which, but there's 2 basic things missing:

1) There's no opener when fighting regular single target mobs: Stealth - Shadowstrike - Gloomblade (or continue with Shadowstrike if Shadow Dance is up)

2) There's no Shadowstrike mentioned in the rotation (only in the bit about using Shadow Dance) and it's our most important spell

On 10/22/2023 at 11:19 AM, Guest Dinamo said:

Hi, thanks for the great guide.

If I'm reading it correctly, it's all there except the most important bit - the leveling rotation 🙂 Yeah there's a lot of info which spell to cast before which, but there's 2 basic things missing:

1) There's no opener when fighting regular single target mobs: Stealth - Shadowstrike - Gloomblade (or continue with Shadowstrike if Shadow Dance is up)

2) There's no Shadowstrike mentioned in the rotation (only in the bit about using Shadow Dance) and it's our most important spell

Hey!

Firstly, thank you for bringing that to my attention, I've made note of it and I'll get working on a small update to tide us over until 10.2 releases.

I do plan on rewriting the leveling guide for 10.2 to be more inclusive, but until I get that done I can give you a few things to keep in mind while leveling before 10.2 launches.

When you're in dance you want to prioritize Shadowstrike, You only bother with Gloomblade inside of dance when you get to Danse Macabre. Only other time that you'd want to Gloomblade inside of Shadow Dance is when you don't have Find Weakness up from improved backstab (ideally you'd have find weakness up on the mob before you send dance, but we're all human and sometimes it doesn't work out like that, thanks rng 🙂). Another thing that you'll see some people in logs doing, even in single target situations, is Stealth -> Shadowstrike -> Shuriken Storm to guarantee Find Weakness thanks to Improved Shuriken Storm and Silent Storm talents and then continue with the rest of the rotation.

Luckily with Black Powder being moved to baseline next tier and some awesome changes to the talent trees, the leveling rotation will feel SO much better especially in AoE!

Guest psyna

Hi! Shuriken Tornado can't be part of this rotation anymore since the talent wasn't chosen, right?

Guest Aliner

It appears that the talent trees have been updated for 10.2, but the rotation hasn't been updated to match. 7 on the rotation guide is Shuriken Tornado, but that ability is no longer taken on the talent trees.