Subtlety Rogue Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 1 to 70 (Dragonflight 10.0.2)
When leveling up, it is always better to equip the higher item level pieces. The only exception to this rule is if you have a Ring or Necklace with a slightly lower item level, but 2 secondary stats on it instead of 1.
Best Leveling Talents for Subtlety Rogue
You unlock the Talent Trees at Level 10. Below is the recommended Leveling path for levels 1-70.
Leveling Rotation for Subtlety Rogue
Talents can be either passives that enhance your gameplay in some way or active completely different abilities.
- Always make sure to cast your damage cooldowns such as Symbols of Death, Flagellation, Shadow Dance and Shuriken Tornado whenever they are ready to amplify your damage.
- Generate Combo Points with Shuriken Storm (on 2+ targets), Shadowstrike or Backstab/ Gloomblade when you are not in Stealth or have any Shadow Dance charges available..
- Spend Combo Points on Rupture as a priority if the targets live the whole duration, then Black Powder on 3+ targets and Eviscerate on singular mobs. Premeditation should be enough to maintain Slice and Dice.
Subtlety Rogue Utility Spells when Leveling
Subtlety Rogues have a ton of tools available to them that makes fighting multiple enemies at once easier, or just simply getting away from a sticky situation.
- Kick allows you to interrupt an enemy that is casting a spell. Use this whenever possible to interrupt enemies to take less damage while leveling.
- Crimson Vial lets you heal 20% of your max Health over 4 seconds. Use this is if your Health is dropping low or between mob pulls.
- Sap lets you control any Humanoid, Beast, Demon or Dragon for up to 60 seconds. Use this to keep a single enemy from joining the fight before you open on a group of enemies from stealth. This crowd control breaks when the enemy takes damage. To avoid breaking your Sap either lure the other enemies away or do not use any AoE spells.
- Kidney Shot can be used to stun a single opponent for up to 6 seconds. Use this to interrupt a dangerous cast or to simply not take damage from an enemy. Some NPCs might be immune to stuns.
- Evasion increases your chance to dodge incoming melee and ranged attacks by 100% for 10 seconds. Use this to your advantage by doing larger pulls whenever Evasion is ready. Note that you can only dodge if you are facing the enemy.
- Vanish removes you from sight. This resets combat with everything that you were currently fighting, making it a strong cooldown when leveling. Whether it is just to escape certain death or to get rid of pesky enemies that you do not want to deal with, make sure to use Vanish to your advantage.
- Blind allows you to control an enemy for up to 60 seconds. This can be used from stealth or outside of it. The crowd- control breaks when you deal damage like Sap does, so make sure to lure enemies away or avoid using area-of-effect abilities.
- Cloak of Shadows removes and makes you immune to magical effects for 5 seconds. This allows you to potentially remove damage over time effects that could break your Stealth, allow you to take less damage or simply avoid certain crowd control or damaging effects.
Subtlety Rogue War Mode Talents for Leveling
In this section we will rank the PvP talents best for leveling and doing solo / small group PvE content. Below is a ranking of Subtlety Rogue-specific PvE talents.
Subtlety Rogue PvP Talents for Leveling
- Dagger in the Dark — Whenever Stealth is active, you apply a debuff to nearby enemies that causes them to take an additional 5% damage from your next Shadowstrike. Stacks up to 8 times. This is nothing special but still a slight damage boost.
- Death from Above — Finishing move that leaps you up in the air and casts an Eviscerate that deals 10% more damage.
- The third choice does not matter much as none of them provide benefits for PvE situations. Use any of them that you feel suitable.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Black Empire Map Exploration in Dragonflight
- Very Useful Interact Button Tip
- Aiding the Accord Weekly Quest Progress Carries Over from Previous Week
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Week #2
- An Overview of Mount Rewards in Dragonflight Season 1
- Vault of the Incarnates Death Knight Tier Set and Set Bonuses
- Torghast in Dragonflight: Easy Achievements & Mounts
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.2 Hotfixes, December 5th: Massive Class Tuning