FORUMS
positiv2

Arms Warrior PvE

Guest Trebot

For multiple target rotations Cleave replaces Sweeping Strikes. Can't use both.

On 11/1/2020 at 7:29 PM, Guest Trebot said:

For multiple target rotations Cleave replaces Sweeping Strikes. Can't use both.

Cleave replaced Sweeping Strikes during the beta, but that was changed before launch.

It was mentioned that something about Cleave changed so i'm not sure if the guide just hasn't been updated. But the build page lists Cleave as the ideal level 40 talent for Open World, Leveling, Questing, Dungeons and Mythic Plus, yet even when selected on the rotation page, Cleave is not included in any rotation. It's mentioned as being used to maintain Deep Wounds but not included in the same 2-3 Target rotation that this mention is included in.

11 hours ago, Dragonphire said:

It was mentioned that something about Cleave changed so i'm not sure if the guide just hasn't been updated. But the build page lists Cleave as the ideal level 40 talent for Open World, Leveling, Questing, Dungeons and Mythic Plus, yet even when selected on the rotation page, Cleave is not included in any rotation. It's mentioned as being used to maintain Deep Wounds but not included in the same 2-3 Target rotation that this mention is included in.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, because Cleave does show up in the multitarget rotations (it could probably be rewritten to be a little more exact though, as you will use Cleave outside of only maintaining Deep Wounds - that's just the highest priority use case). You won't use cleave at all in Single Target though, as it is strictly worse than Mortal Strike or Slam.

6bf4e00544ae30727efc3b8f50c6c88c.gif

There does seem to be a bug where the page loads with some boxes pre-checked, but not actually displayed in the rotation - unchecking and rechecking the boxes should fix it. I don't think this is a bug on my end though, so I'll have to let one of the web-gurus take a look at it.

On 12/10/2020 at 11:42 AM, durdyenglish said:

W A R B R E A K E R

Warbreaker vs Cleave is a20 dps difference, As with how cleave currently works I'd be confident enough to say that if you do run cleave you run Massacre as well and fully replace Whirlwind with Cleave due to Cleave working like Legion Whirlwind now.

Hey there,

In your guide, you are talking about desyncing avatar and bladestorm when using the legendary signet of the tormented king. I was asking myself what is exactly this desync and will you guys do an updated rotation when using this legendary?

Thank you 

7 hours ago, Gujarok said:

Hey there,

In your guide, you are talking about desyncing avatar and bladestorm when using the legendary signet of the tormented king. I was asking myself what is exactly this desync and will you guys do an updated rotation when using this legendary?

Thank you 

Good question, it's actually no longer necessary, as Blizzard just hotfixed it, but Signet used to have a 3s internal cooldown, limiting you from triggering back to back buffs. This mandated desyncing them (not casting Avatar at the same time as Ravager or Bladestorm) in order to not overlap and only proc one buff instead of two.

Since the recent hotfix removed the internal cooldown, however, there's no need to worry about it - simply follow the regular rotation as you would normally. I'll update the guide to reflect this as well.

Guest Orkvalp

Hey, 

Im so trying to find out what is the best slot to craft Signet of Tormented Kings. Bracers or ring?

11 hours ago, Guest Orkvalp said:

Hey, 

Im so trying to find out what is the best slot to craft Signet of Tormented Kings. Bracers or ring?

Honestly it doesn't matter. Pure BiS has it in the wrist slot, but it's very important to realize that you don't have and probably never will have pure BiS, so it's kind of a crapshoot as to which will be (very slightly) better based on your current and future gearing.

In the Talent Section, the guide currently says this:

Sudden Death adds proc-based gameplay and is exceptional when paired with Condemn Icon Condemn from the Venthyr covenant. The procs do not trigger Tactician Icon Tactician, but they will generate Rage if the target survives.

This is incorrect; the free Condemn procs do not generate Rage. I don't know if free Execute Procs do or not, but Condemn definitely does not.

On 12/17/2020 at 9:37 AM, SkArcher said:

In the Talent Section, the guide currently says this:

This is incorrect; the free Condemn procs do not generate Rage. I don't know if free Execute Procs do or not, but Condemn definitely does not.

Will double check and update, thank you.

Guest Charrger

Just a note that the BiS chart is updated but the paragraph above it still refers to Nyalotha. 

THANK YOU for the effort of keeping this resource available!

Guest Arms4lyfe

Hello, why are you recomending the use of sudden death when every top warrior in the game instead goes for Skullsplitter? Please explain. Thank you!

Guest Arms

With Spell reflect coming as a standard spell. the text suggest that it will reflect a single spell cast at you. But, what confused me and have a question on its the 2nd part with the 20% damage reduction. Does that apply to AoE Damage in raid encounters such as Council phase 3 Frieda. Can you use it to negate some of the AoE damage? Likewise you can use it to Cancel huntsman DoT.

On 1/30/2021 at 2:12 PM, Guest Arms said:

With Spell reflect coming as a standard spell. the text suggest that it will reflect a single spell cast at you. But, what confused me and have a question on its the 2nd part with the 20% damage reduction. Does that apply to AoE Damage in raid encounters such as Council phase 3 Frieda. Can you use it to negate some of the AoE damage? Likewise you can use it to Cancel huntsman DoT.

So it's a two part effect;

First, it will reduce all spell damage by 20% for the duration. That means any dots ticking on you, or new spell damage which affects you during that time.

Second, it can reflect and immune any (viable) spell cast at you back at the target. If it does, the entire spell reflect buff will expire, which is the tradeoff - you either immune a single spell entirely (and deal some damage), or get a longer damage reduction.

Not everything can be reflected, although some boss abilities can, so even if you can't immune something outright, it's a good idea to reduce some damage when you can. 

S-Tier Soulbind Conduits

A-Tier Soulbind Conduits

B-Tier Soulbind Conduits

You have Ashen Juggernaut listed as the Venthyr only conduit, but it should be Harrowing Punishment.

On 2/12/2021 at 10:47 PM, durdyenglish said:

S-Tier Soulbind Conduits

A-Tier Soulbind Conduits

B-Tier Soulbind Conduits

You have Ashen Juggernaut listed as the Venthyr only conduit, but it should be Harrowing Punishment.

It's S-Tier for Venthyr only, meaning it is not valued as highly for non-Venthyr. Similarly, Merciless Bonegrinder is S-Tier in multitarget only, as opposed to only being useable in multitarget.

The reason for this is basically because Harrowing Punishment is really bad all around, while Ashen Juggernaut is actually very good with Massacre + Condemn.

1 hour ago, Archimtiros said:

It's S-Tier for Venthyr only, meaning it is not valued as highly for non-Venthyr. Similarly, Merciless Bonegrinder is S-Tier in multitarget only, as opposed to only being useable in multitarget.

The reason for this is basically because Harrowing Punishment is really bad all around, while Ashen Juggernaut is actually very good with Massacre + Condemn.

Ah sorry, the way the other three lined up it seemed to be referencing that the conduit was locked behind covenant.

Guest Backfisch

Wtf Stats Priority ist now Crit and Mastery ?!

A few time ago, it was Crit and Haste, what the... ?

19 hours ago, Guest Backfisch said:

Wtf Stats Priority ist now Crit and Mastery ?!

A few time ago, it was Crit and Haste, what the... ?

Haste's value fluctuates quite a bit, so it's not unusual to see it raise or lower. Realistically though, the only stat you care about is Crit - whether the other stat on your piece of gear is Haste, Mastery, or even Versatility really doesn't matter due to the difference between them being so small.

In other words:

item level >= Crit > Mastery = Haste = Versatility

On 12/9/2020 at 3:00 AM, Archimtiros said:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, because Cleave does show up in the multitarget rotations (it could probably be rewritten to be a little more exact though, as you will use Cleave outside of only maintaining Deep Wounds - that's just the highest priority use case). You won't use cleave at all in Single Target though, as it is strictly worse than Mortal Strike or Slam.

There does seem to be a bug where the page loads with some boxes pre-checked, but not actually displayed in the rotation - unchecking and rechecking the boxes should fix it. I don't think this is a bug on my end though, so I'll have to let one of the web-gurus take a look at it.

I know this is a bit late but Thanks. It may have been a bug with my browser at the time. I know i for sure did a page search for the term "Cleave" and the only thing that came up was the check box, even with the box checked. I do now see what you see. Thanks again.

Edited by Dragonphire

So, for a little bit of clarity, is Bladestorm ONLY a dps increase when used during execute phases? Or is it below the slam during normal prio?

On 3/15/2021 at 8:46 PM, hellxan said:

So, for a little bit of clarity, is Bladestorm ONLY a dps increase when used during execute phases? Or is it below the slam during normal prio?

Looks like the bladestorm line might have gotten hidden, but on ST it should be used as a DPS cooldown during Colossus Smash, generally between Mortal Strike's cooldown (just for efficiency). Because you still generate rage from auto attacks, make sure you won't overcap from 2 autos.