Necrolord Covenant in Shadowlands
This page gives an overview of the Necrolord covenant in Maldraxxus. Within, you will find all of the information we currently know from BlizzCon.
This page will be updated as more information becomes available throughout BlizzCon and beyond.
In the skull-and-bone laboratories of Maldraxxus, strength is rewarded, and weakness cast aside. Necromancers experiment on the souls of the ambitious and contentious, reforming only the greatest into undead soldiers who protect the Shadowlands. Those who are determined rise to positions of power. The less-promising become fuel for Maldraxxus’ malign weapons.
Maldraxxus’ brutal selection process has built a vast and capable militia… but its hierarchy is wobbling. The longtime leader of the realm has vanished. In his absence, five of the most eminent Necrolords vie for the position, and the responsibility to advance the cause of death throughout the cosmos. Each bids on newly-arrived souls, filling their personal guard with capable soldiers and building armies larger than any yet known.
When they march, will it be towards one another… or the realms they swore to defend?
Rewards of the Necrolords
Players will receive cosmetic and ability rewards for choosing the Necrolords as their covenant.
Covenants will reward players with cosmetics based on their chosen covenant. As of right now, we know that players will receive a mount, a pet, an armour set, and cloaks that have the appearance of wings.
Below is an image of all of the plate sets. The Necrolord set is the first set from the left.
The covenant ability for the Necrolords is Transcend the Flesh. It separates your soul from your body for 20 seconds. During this, your soul is invisible and untargetable, though your body is vulnerable. This effect will end early if you move further than 60 yards from your body.
This ability has a 3-minute cooldown and no cast time.
The only class ability we know of for the Necrolords is the Mage ability.
The Mage ability is Contagion Bolt. This deals Shadow damage to an enemy and, for the next 8 seconds, your single target spells cast on the targeted enemy will cause the disease to spread, deadling Shadow damage to nearby enemies.
This ability has a 1.5-minute cooldown and has a 40-yard range, with a 2-second cast time.
- 03 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- World Bosses and PvP Honor System Available
- Outlaw Rogue Anniversary Event Ragnaros Bug
- Corrupted Weapons from Ny'alotha, the Waking City in Patch 8.3
- Wrathion Sells Various Items in Patch 8.3
- Patch 8.2.5 and Classic Hotfixes: November 13th
- PvP with the Blues: November 15th
- Ny'alotha, the Waking City Rewards: Ny'alotha Allseer (Mythic N'Zoth Mount) & Wriggling Parasite (Glory of the Ny'alotha Raider Mount)
- Infinite Heart of Azeroth Trait in Patch 8.3: Purity of the Worldsoul
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Very low HPS MW monk
- Fury Warrior 8.2
- Frost Death Knight 8.2
- Beast Mastery Hunter 8.2
- Gems for Timewalking Arcane Mage