Night Fae Covenant in Shadowlands
This page will give you an overview of the Night Fae covenant in Ardenweald. Within, you will find the most relevant information on this covenant and its related activities and perks.
If the Emerald Dream mirrors the spring and summer of life, then the star-hued plane of Ardenweald reflects life in its twilight.
Those who pass on with a deep connection to nature are tended here by the mystic night fae, who retrieve anima from mortal souls and infuse it into slumbering spirits, rejuvenating their lives with the remnants of the old.
Ardenweald has suffered more keenly from soul-drought than any other realm in the Shadowlands. For the first time in endless ages, the night fae's Winter Queen must choose which of the land’s formerly lush groves—and which souls—will be fed the last precious drops of anima… and which will fade away forever.
Rewards of the Night Fae: Covenant Catch-up Gear
Players will receive cosmetic and ability rewards for choosing the Night Fae as their Covenant. They also gain the ability to unlock unique buffs for their parties in the Ardenweald dungeons.
Most importantly, you unlock item level 197 gear by completing your Covenant campaign, as long as you have the Anima required to upgrade it. This allows any kind of player to attain at least that item level easily, just by doing questing content.
For Night Fae, the vendor and upgrade NPCs are located in the Heart of the Forest, near the southern exit around the 47, 56 map coordinates. You can also upgrade your gear at the PvP upgrade NPC in Oribos, for Anima.
Buying a piece of gear you previously sold costs 100 Anima and upgrading costs 50 for the Rank 1 to Rank 2 upgrade and 50 additional Anima for each following level, so going to Rank 3 costs 100, going to Rank 4 costs 150 and so on. The gear obtained on later Covenant quests already comes with a much higher rank, so it is not nearly as expensive as it looks to buy a full perfect set.
You can buy
Covenants will reward players with cosmetics based on their chosen covenant. As of right now, we know that players will receive a mount, a pet, an armour set, and cloaks that have the appearance of wings.
Below is an image of all of the plate sets. The Night Fae set is the first from the right.
The signature ability for the Night Fae is Soulshape. It turns you into a Vulpin, increasing movement speed by 50% and instantly teleporting 15 yards forward. You may reactivate Soulshape to teleport a short distance forward, on a small cooldown.
While out in the world, this effect lasts for 12 seconds, but it has no duration while in a resting area.
Once you unlock it, Soulshape can transform you into a Wyvern, a Hippogryph, a Wolfhawk, a Feathered Drake, a Crane, a Teroclaw, a Unicorn or a Runestag, instead.
Learn how to do so, and also how to teleport in the direction you are moving rather than looking to here.
The Night Fae class abilities are different for each class. You can find them in our class ability guides below.
By completing weekly quests for the Night Fae Covenant and progressing its unique storyline campaign, you will be able to advance your renown.
Renown is one of the main power progression systems of Shadowlands, and is heavily time gated, as you can only advance your renown level by a very limited amount every week.
If you miss out on advancing your renown in certain weeks, or have just hit 60 with a new alt, you will be able to advance your renown rapidly until you arrive at the current week's renown cap.
Increasing renown unlocks extra powers for your Soulbinds, increases the item level of rewards from World Quests, enables the crafting of new legendaries and grants you cosmetic items, among other effects. Learn more about renown here:
Night Fae Soulbinds
Night Fae Anima Conductor
The Anima Conductor is unlocked and upgraded through your Anima Reservoir and allows you to unlock extra daily activities in your Covenant's home zone.
While each zone has its own activities, the design logic behind each is very similar between Covenants, and as such we created a general guide to help you decide where to focus your daily efforts:
Night Fae Covenant Adventures
Adventures are the new mission table system in Shadowlands. Missions will no longer have up to 200% success, depending on how well your followers counter its hazards, but instead they play out like an auto-battler and follower positioning is almost as important as the choice of followers to use.
Because the core mechanics of this system work similarly for all Covenants, we have created a common guide for Adventures, which you can access in the link below.
Night Fae Dungeon Buffs
By becoming a Night Fae, you become able to grant your party unique buffs in the Ardenweald dungeons. Learn more about these on our detailed guide below!
Changing from Night Fae to other Covenants
If you ever regret having picked the Night Fae, you can change your Covenant. This is simple if you are changing to a Covenant you never tried before, but complex if you want to rejoin another Covenant. Learn more about changing your Covenant in our detailed guide below!
- 11 Jan. 2021: Added catch-up gear explanations and how to get new forms for your Soulshape.
- 05 Dec. 2020: Added a link to the new Anima Conductor guide.
- 21 Nov. 2020: Added a link to the Soulbind calculator.
- 09 Sep. 2020: Added detailed info on the new Covenant Adventures system and an annotated Covenant Hall map.
- 17 Aug. 2020: Updated with the most recent beta info on the Night Fae covenant.
- 07 Apr. 2020: Updated the ability list after new information released by developers.
- 03 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- New Sylvanas Model Remains Encrypted in Patch 9.2 Build 41257
- Zereth Mortis Was in Plain Sight Long Before Patch 9.2
- New Datamined Gladiator's Echoing Resolve PvP Talent in Patch 9.2
- New Incubus / Succubus Warlock Items in Patch 9.2
- Updated Sepulcher of the First Ones Boss Descriptions
- The Jailer's Mace Has Some... Interesting Animations
- Patch 9.1.5 Hotfixes: December 1st
- Patch 9.2 Realms Will Remain Offline Until Tomorrow
- Laughing Skull Orcs Reputation Guide
- Havoc Demon Hunter Shadowlands
- The God-Queen's Fury (Mage Tower Challenge Guide)
- End of the Risen Threat (Mage Tower Challenge Guide)
- The Highlord's Return (Mage Tower Challenge Guide)
- An Impossible Foe (Mage Tower Challenge Guide)
- Feltotem's Fall (Mage Tower Challenge Guide)
- Closing the Eye (Mage Tower Challenge Guide)