FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Arcane Mage 5.4

I don't want to tell you any exact percentage. It is not a problem as an arcane mage to go 100% mana, since that time your spells are hitting the srongest and it is not a waste at all, unlike at rogues.

The reason why your mana regen is faster during haste procs, is because of inv_elemental_mote_mana.jpgNether Attunement, and this is why haste stacking can be the strongest reforging on single target. But Mastery stacking is still a better choice for the majority of SoO.

What I'd suggest is to try to stay on as high mana as possible at all times and strictly stick to the rotation on our rotation page.

1. Apply wow_icon_ability_mage_livingbomb.jpg Living Bomb or wow_icon_spell_mage_nethertempest.jpg Nether Tempest.
    • When you have a large damage-increasing proc (trinkets, weapon enchants, etc.), you can refresh your bomb a few seconds before it expires, otherwise refresh it after it explodes.
  2. Cast wow_icon_spell_nature_starfall.jpg Arcane Missiles when you have 4 (and only 4!) stacks of wow_icon_spell_arcane_arcane01.jpg Arcane Charge.
  3. Cast wow_icon_ability_mage_arcanebarrage.jpg Arcane Barrage when all the following conditions are met:
  4. Cast wow_icon_spell_arcane_blast.jpg Arcane Blast.

This rotation has been confirmed to be the best by for example Blatty and other very talented mages.

• Like 1

Guest Sorrceress

Anyone know why do ppl say that arcane mage haste breakpoint is 9762 and yet ask mr robot doesn't have that breakpoint on its smart picker, it auto sets is on 9522???

Human mage, that is.

And do i manually input that haste breakpoint and reforge to that or do i follow ask mr robot?

it also says that 2 ticks on LB is on 9522 haste breakpoint too...

Anyone know why do ppl say that arcane mage haste breakpoint is 9762 and yet ask mr robot doesn't have that breakpoint on its smart picker, it auto sets is on 9522???

Human mage, that is.

And do i manually input that haste breakpoint and reforge to that or do i follow ask mr robot?

it also says that 2 ticks on LB is on 9522 haste breakpoint too...

The 9762 breakpoint is for nether tempest when using Mage Armor, Mr. Robot is purely simcraft optimization, which is for single target, so it uses Frost Armor and Living Bomb for it's calculations.

To change it in Mr.Robot, go into options to the dropdown that say frost armor and change it to mage armor, then go to edit weights and click "change soft cap".  Make sure nether tempest is checked off and then the 9762 option should come up.

• Like 1

The 9762 breakpoint is for nether tempest when using Mage Armor, Mr. Robot is purely simcraft optimization, which is for single target, so it uses Frost Armor and Living Bomb for it's calculations.

To change it in Mr.Robot, go into options to the dropdown that say frost armor and change it to mage armor, then go to edit weights and click "change soft cap".  Make sure nether tempest is checked off and then the 9762 option should come up.

Thx for the Mr. Robot advice I was wondering how to change that too. Now is 9762 the haste cap that is needed for a Arc Mage??  

Right now I'm very heavy into Mastery (like 63.88% to Mastery raid buffed heavy with a 15.95% Haste). If I change the soft cap as instructed above it then instructs me to re-gem all into haste and hit leaving me with 46.94% Mastery with 29.17% Haste. I also set the "at least mode" so I do not drop below 15% hit too.

So my question is which one is better??

Low haste with Heavy Mastery or the less mastery more haste (Balanced one)?

Thx for the Mr. Robot advice I was wondering how to change that too. Now is 9762 the haste cap that is needed for a Arc Mage??  

Right now I'm very heavy into Mastery (like 63.88% to Mastery raid buffed heavy with a 15.95% Haste). If I change the soft cap as instructed above it then instructs me to re-gem all into haste and hit leaving me with 46.94% Mastery with 29.17% Haste. I also set the "at least mode" so I do not drop below 15% hit too.

So my question is which one is better??

Low haste with Heavy Mastery or the less mastery more haste (Balanced one)?

Just stick with mastery and ignore the haste caps, unless you can get to the haste caps without losing a significant amount of mastery (no more than 1kish) then don't even bother. the haste caps are nice, but they aren't as big a deal for us as they are for other classes just stick with mastery.

I disagree pretty strongly with Nether Tempest being the go to bomb choice for Garrosh Hellscream as an arcane mage. When would this be a viable option, you have 3 adds from the left and right coming to the center to attack alongside garrosh at the start of the fight, multi dotting those adds serves no good purpose. It should be Living Bomb due to the fact that you'd only need to use at a maximum of three globals if you wanted to multi dot the adds before they died, vs NT where you'd need to place it on more than just 1-3 targets. Those globals could be used for more Arcane Blasts into the boss, Barrages, Missiles and etc. Not to mention if you're looking to melt the adds it should be Glyph of CoC and when they come out, you should re apply Bomb to Garrosh, and maybe another target, then begin spamming Arcane Explosion, after 3 AEs you'd go into CoC, throwing a flamestrike instead of the 2nd bomb on an add is also a useful way to go about killing the adds. 

Back to using NT on this fight, after the first phase you have little to no adds the rest of the fight, both on normal and heroic, you kill the adds in jade temple, and terrace, however jade temple you shouldn't use it because you need single target damage on the adds, not AoE on progression normal and progression heroic. Whats more is the fact that during the empowered whirlings you'd get the adds, and if you were doing the fight correct, the adds would be spread out, or ignored completely, totally destroying the idea of needing Nether Tempest.

NT is a dps increase for the fight. What is questionable however is how useful that dps increase is. I also agree that Living Bomb is the best bomb, but purely because the main target is garrosh and you want him dead of all people. Technically Nether Tempest is a dps increase at paragons as well.... yet I hope none does that :P

At what point would it be a dps increase? The first adds aren't up long enough for NT to do significant damage, and after that the adds from empowered whirling aren't close enough for NT to do solid damage. Maybe I'm only looking at it from a heroic garrosh pov where the adds die fast, and we only have 1 ironstar go through?

I agree LB > NT on garrosh. Single target is the only thing that actually will increase your dps on that fight. NT will be useless for 90% (or more) of it, thus losing any "potential dps" simply because they can't see past the first phase.

Garrosh is a single target fight. Anything alive doesn't come often enough for any non single target spells.

Unless you pad the adds. NT can Provide alot of dps if you pad in Sha explosion adds or if your guild let's you AoE the beginning grunts for rankings. But it isn't effective damage.

The point your missing, is NT is only being used to it best potential for 10% of the fight. The rest of the fight when it's single target, you're losing on damage just because it's not the best choice for the other 90%

Something else I noticed within the guide is that it says for your opening sequence you're going to put down two Rune of Powers, Mirror Image at 3 seconds, and then CDs at the start of the pull. All of which is fine, but then it says when you get to 4 stacks you're going to hit alter and that AM will have priority over AB. I've found that this is actually a dps loss, I've spoken to Turkeyburger and Psamtik about this as well and they both agree with me that using AM during alter at the start of the fight is a waste, and a loss of dps. The proper rotation would be to get 4 charges, use the minor glyphed mana gem for mana over time, then hit alter with CDs+trinket procs and begin casting ABs non stop until you get to the very end of alter and then fire an Arcane Barrage.

Sign in to follow this