FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Balance Druid 5.4

Guest Camell

So what you guys thinking about Moonkin DPS compare to the other classes?

Guest Lesto

I have a question about trinkets,what would be the best two out of these.. [Wushoolay's Final Choice]502ilvl-Raid finder, [breath of the Hydra]502ilvl- Raid finder or [Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault]522ilvl?

I'm looking for a macro to cast starsurge if it's off cd before wrath or starfire, not that known to macro's i thought it was simple:

#showtooltip Wrath

/cast Starsurge

/cast Wrath

It casts Starsurge but if on cd it doesn't cast Wrath, the same thing with Starfire.

Any hints/help?

it takes a little bit longer to get a reply on the druid forum then shaman it seems :D

well i talked to a guildy, he sais that macro is not possible, if so a surv Hunter would be able to do his rotation using 1 button (macro), no idea my self :)

Guest Azailin

Actually your guildy is right and wrong, there is no way to push 1 button only and it would cast both spells one after the other immeadiatly, but what you can do is make a macro so that everytime you pushed that button it would do your rotation, all you had to do is slightly change the macro you created earlier to:

#showtooltip

/castsequence Starsurge, Wrath

With this macro, it would cast Starsurge the first time you pushed the button and Wrath the 2nd time. If you tried pushing the button a 3rd time, you would find that it changed back to Starsurge, but it's on CD so the button would be greyed out until it was off CD and would cast it as soon as you pushed the button again. Since i don't play Boomkin, i don't know how many Wrath's you can cast during the CD on Starsurge, but I believe it's 4 (taking in to account the 1.5 second GCD and the 2 second cast time). If it is you could change the macro to:

#showtooltip

/castsequence Starsurge, Wrath, Wrath, Wrath, Wrath

Actually your guildy is right and wrong, there is no way to push 1 button only and it would cast both spells one after the other immeadiatly, but what you can do is make a macro so that everytime you pushed that button it would do your rotation, all you had to do is slightly change the macro you created earlier to:

#showtooltip

/castsequence Starsurge, Wrath

With this macro, it would cast Starsurge the first time you pushed the button and Wrath the 2nd time. If you tried pushing the button a 3rd time, you would find that it changed back to Starsurge, but it's on CD so the button would be greyed out until it was off CD and would cast it as soon as you pushed the button again. Since i don't play Boomkin, i don't know how many Wrath's you can cast during the CD on Starsurge, but I believe it's 4 (taking in to account the 1.5 second GCD and the 2 second cast time). If it is you could change the macro to:

#showtooltip

/castsequence Starsurge, Wrath, Wrath, Wrath, Wrath

Thx for your reply, but i can never be sure how many Wrath's i'll need till Starsurge is off CD as the Crits of my sunfire and moonfire ticks have a chance to reset the CD of Starsurge and make it an instant cast if cast within 12 seconds.

So the meaning of the macro i seek is to cast starsurge every time it's available without casting 1 (or 2 if responded very slow) Wrath or Starfire while Starsurge is allready off CD, you see?

Guest Sujin

If I may make a suggestion: choosing the talent Incarnation: Chosen of Elune over Soul of the Forest as stated in the "talents section" does NOT explain that Chosen of Elune ONLY grants the additional spell damage WHILE IN AN ECLIPSE STATE. outside of that state it's worthless. I see that you stated that in the "rotation" section but maybe it's worth mentioning in the talent selection as well?

I request an opinion :P

I don' thave the feeling that my dps is quite as good for my ilvl but i'm not totally sure as i'm used to doing a lot more with my main and can't remember what dps i used to do.

I got ilvl 478 equiped now and my dps on single target varies from about 40k till 60k, depending on how many SS procs i get ofc.

Same with my aoe, <6 mobs

spamming my dots to them all and use SS procs asap. don't have that much crit yet so don't allways get a lot of procs, but then my aoe dmg sometimes is not even 30k :-/

Should i just spam the dot from the current eclipse on them and then continue thenormal rotation? or like i do now, keep both dots on every single mob and use SS procs only?

Thx for your reply, but i can never be sure how many Wrath's i'll need till Starsurge is off CD as the Crits of my sunfire and moonfire ticks have a chance to reset the CD of Starsurge and make it an instant cast if cast within 12 seconds.

So the meaning of the macro i seek is to cast starsurge every time it's available without casting 1 (or 2 if responded very slow) Wrath or Starfire while Starsurge is allready off CD, you see?

Try this. I can't test it to see if it would work, but I think it should.

#showtooltip Wrath

/cast Starsurge

/stopcasting

/cast Wrath

This should only use Starsurge if it is an instant attack. Otherwise, it will immediately stop it and use Wrath instead. You'll still have to watch the cooldown for the rare case that you don't get a proc before SS comes off cooldown, but you'll never miss a proc.

Edited by Tarazet

Try this. I can't test it to see if it would work, but I think it should.

#showtooltip Wrath

/cast Starsurge

/stopcasting

/cast Wrath

This should only use Starsurge if it is an instant attack. Otherwise, it will immediately stop it and use Wrath instead. You'll still have to watch the cooldown for the rare case that you don't get a proc before SS comes off cooldown, but you'll never miss a proc.

Yes that could work i think, i'll try it out when i got more crit chance.. thx!

Guest Spiralbohrer

Hey,

i am already waiting for my second for a long time, i got my thunderforged breath of hydra as my priority trinket.

Now i have got to choose, should i take wushoolays final choice (LFR 502) or Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance (LFR 502) for my second trinket ?

I unfortunately still have 18% hit which is too much. I would say I better take Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance (LFR 502), what do you guys think?

http://eu.battle.net...albohrer/simple

Thank you very much :-)

Guest Berdache

In the symbiosis section you describe Mirror Image as a slight dps boost. I dont believe it is as the images hit for minimal damage. I think you need to make it clear that it is a dps loss as compared to just casting any other spell in our dps rotation. You actually use it as a threat dump

Guest aaron

"Patch 5.3 : nothing to change"

L.O.L. How can you continue to be so wrong and still considered a resource site?

"Patch 5.3 : nothing to change"

L.O.L. How can you continue to be so wrong and still considered a resource site?

If you are referring to the rotation page, then I believe this is accurate, nothing in the rotation/playstyle has changed. The only significant change to Balance has been the Force of Nature change, which we covered on the talents page. If there is something else that we have missed, feel free to tell us.

That said, I think your tone is highly inappropriate.

Firstly, as long as we provide a resource, regardless of the quality of that resource, we are still a resource site.

Secondly, we provide those resources for free for anyone to access, so even if you may feel like the quality is not up to your standards, you have no basis for your hostility and revolt.

Thirdly, even if we were to be wrong in this instance (which I do not believe we are), it is ridiculous to suggest that missing a minor change a few days after a patch justifies disregarding the tons of perfectly good information we provide.

• Like 2

Guest Sunfyre

Why, if you don't take incarnation (using the lunar opener) would you wait until CA to cast NV? NV is 30 seconds. You can pop it at the beginning of lunar to take advantage of trinket procs, the extra Natures Grace, bloodlust if popped on the pull, etc...it would still be up for CA.

Guest Anewbus

Where does spell power come in to play as an intellect replacement. I understand int is our biggest boost but at what point does the amount of spell power on one weapon suprcede the int bonus of another?

Where does spell power come in to play as an intellect replacement. I understand int is our biggest boost but at what point does the amount of spell power on one weapon suprcede the int bonus of another?

Int gives one spell power plus a little (very little) bit of crit rating. I have no precise numbers, but usually when a weapon has a higher itemlevel than your current weapon, the increase in spell power should be far greater than the increase in intellect.

just to give you an example: inv_stave_2h_thunderisleraid_d_02.jpgGiorgio's Caduceus of Pure Moods vs inv_stave_2h_thunderisleraid_d_02.jpgGiorgio's Caduceus of Pure Moods is a spell power increase of 515 and only 90 intellect

Guest Gothic

Should i stop my casts for Starsurge CD / proccs?

Guest Guest
ok if I follow askmrrobot on my reforges it wants me to reforge all my gear to crit and mastery. I thought Haste came before crit and mastery?

Should i stop my casts for Starsurge CD / proccs?

No, but you should use a /stopcasting macro for Wrath and Starfire anyway in case you realize you were casting the wrong one. It also tends to improve responsiveness if you have issues with latency - just don't queue up the next spell too early. If you're a button masher don't do it..

Guest durimot henceforth

I'm curious, why does this thread say the HM Ji-Kun tier legs are best at the top of the page, then in the list say the Horridon HM TF legs are the best and then it say to find out what your next upgrade is to check Mr. Robot and when I set that at absolute, it says the Primodius HM TF legs are the best. How can 3 pair of legs all be BIS?

I'm curious, why does this thread say the HM Ji-Kun tier legs are best at the top of the page, then in the list say the Horridon HM TF legs are the best and then it say to find out what your next upgrade is to check Mr. Robot and when I set that at absolute, it says the Primodius HM TF legs are the best. How can 3 pair of legs all be BIS?

The list doesn't rank the items by strength. It ranks them by item level and then alphabetically.

Guest Jaii

Glyph of innervate is completely, utterly and absolutely worthless to balance druids. With the very weak exception of WL Mal, mana is completely irrelevant for the entire expansion.

I would quibble that "haste to cap without qualification" is a little extreme as well. It is quite true that in good heroic hear the second haste tier is the place to be, but for the average reader - struggling along in LFR and perhaps some normal gear - it is simply too much of a stretch to get there. 10289 is more a luxury breakpoint for players who can easily take it without having to drop spirit-crit items or reforge and gem everything into haste. For most players sub 525 I believe the 5273 breakpoint and stacking crit is going to play better in most situations.

Sign in to follow this