FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Restoration Druid 5.4

Here is what I have to say about Glyph of Regrowth.

You're right, the value will probably diminish with better gear and when that happens I will be switching to Glyph of Healing Touch.

But when this guide was written and all these comments were made, gear was still a big issue and throughput for beginning raiding was a concern. Healing Touch cost way too much mana was slow and didnt have the same throughput feeling it did before, especially when relearning how much spirit we needed. Regrowth glyph give you +60% chance to crit (on top of its built in +40% chance) which made it a 100% crit chance., While true that with more passive crit on your gear that it would value it less, you will never reach 100% crit chance without sacrificing some much needed stats. That gave us a better filler for our Clearcasting procs since with 100% cirt chance it would usually outperform Healing Touch in the amount of healing done (especially with LS, assuming no overheal)

Druids are usually looking for more Spirit/Haste/Mastery gear anyway, so most of the time they wont have crit gear on. True there are some unavoidable slots, but those make up less then 3 or 4 pieces.

Lifebloom Glyph is not essential either. Sure, it helps for tank switches and is a quality of life change, but the 2 extra globals wont cost you much unless the whole raid is in panic, but at that point you wouldn't be worrying about switching LB, more about refreshing it for CC procs and healing the raid.

Healing Touch glyph is only useful if you make heavy HT use, which will be done more with better gear.

Your other point about the RG HoT i can't really argue, since they are all valid, but that comes down to personal playstyle and what you prefer. I got into a habit of RJ->RG->SM for quick burst on someone. if I think I didn't have the time to RJ them then i would just RG until i had time to RJ->SM. Its not as efficient but I made it work.

Biggest thing to remember though is the choice between these two glyphs (RG and HT) are based on your gear. Once we get closer to the normal 22%~ haste threshold HT will start to feel better and will heal for more and we can start switching the glyphs. If you do not agree with this, then again, that is a playstyle choice and different things work for different people.

Guest Sam

I personally love Glyph of Regrowth and see no use in taking Glyph of Healing Touch. If you consider the Living Seed effect it means a Glyphed Regrowth will be actually doing 2.6X, this makes Regrowth actually better than Healing Touch and Nourish in every sense (HPS, Overall Heal, and Healing/Mana), so I never ever use Healing Touch.

And regarding the higher crit as you gear up, it shouldn't really get really high since both Haste and Mastery are better.

Guest SucellusAP

I personally love Glyph of Regrowth and see no use in taking Glyph of Healing Touch. If you consider the Living Seed effect it means a Glyphed Regrowth will be actually doing 2.6X, this makes Regrowth actually better than Healing Touch and Nourish in every sense (HPS, Overall Heal, and Healing/Mana), so I never ever use Healing Touch.

And regarding the higher crit as you gear up, it shouldn't really get really high since both Haste and Mastery are better.

An excellent point, I'd almost completely forgotten about Living Seed.

Thus the throughput becomes:

Without: (0.75*2.6*X)+ 0.25X + (0.15*0.2*2*X) + (0.85*0.2*X) = 1.95X + 0.25X + 0.06X + 0.17X = 2.43X

With: 2.6X

You'd need a lot more crit to cross the threshold where the throughput from RG glyph is overtaken by without. I still think the advantage of having the HoT outweigh this throughput (particularly the ability to RG -> SM, but this point makes it completely preference related and no longer a matter of numbers as well.

Thanks.

IMO, as stated before, higher levels of gear will favor Healing Touch, especially with reaching the 22%~ haste and having the 4-pc, swift mend will be available so very very often.

Guest LazyOne

Not sure if it's worth noting, but spiritwalker's grace from symbiosis does allow us to channel Tranquility while moving, which came in handy for me on the Will of the Emperor encounter.

I found that useful as well when I was learning Heroic Feng the Accursed the first week. Tranq while moving is amazing for healing on the run during Arcane Velocity

Edited by krazyito65

I think you may be undervaluing Lifeblood. It is not a static 480 haste -- it is instead most of the haste you need to get an extra tick of your Wild Growth & Rejuv for 20 seconds, on a 2 minute cooldown. Yes you need to be over the haste breakpoints a bit to use it in this way -- but it may be there are times of gearing when this is effectively a 20 second "+15% healing from wildgrowth & rejuv" because it adds the extra tick.

I think you may be undervaluing Lifeblood. It is not a static 480 haste -- it is instead most of the haste you need to get an extra tick of your Wild Growth & Rejuv for 20 seconds, on a 2 minute cooldown. Yes you need to be over the haste breakpoints a bit to use it in this way -- but it may be there are times of gearing when this is effectively a 20 second "+15% healing from wildgrowth & rejuv" because it adds the extra tick.

Extra intellect would be a far better throughput increase then "Haste buffed wild growths or rejuvs" every 2 mins. Gathering professions are not better, no matter the circumstance.

Even if icy-veins is "undervaluing" lifeblood, it still does not deter the fact that it is not worth having over a crafting profession.

Edited by Krazyito

We've been having our Resto Druid use ability_hunter_beastsoothe.jpgSoothe to facilitate tank swaps on Jin'rokh. No more unintentional re-swapping!

Guest Guest

Also, the more players you can place Lifebloom on (which is a very mana efficient heal), the more procs you will get from Posted ImageOmen of Clarity.

I don't really get this, it can only be active on one player at a time, can't it?

Also, the more players you can place Lifebloom on (which is a very mana efficient heal), the more procs you will get from Posted ImageOmen of Clarity.

I don't really get this, it can only be active on one player at a time, can't it?

If you're using Incarnation: Tree of Life, you can drop it one-by-one on the entire raid and it will stay up until it expires. On top of that, Regrowth is an instant cast during this form, so you'll get a ton of free burst healing.

Guest Kieer

In the summary of the perks for professions, it's worth noting that Herbalism also provides two items from pandaria herbs - the Water Spirit (restores 30 000 mana over 6s, can be used once during combat) and Life Spirit (restores 132,000 health over 6s, again once during combat). both can prove pretty useful.

In the summary of the perks for professions, it's worth noting that Herbalism also provides two items from pandaria herbs - the Water Spirit (restores 30 000 mana over 6s, can be used once during combat) and Life Spirit (restores 132,000 health over 6s, again once during combat). both can prove pretty useful.

While your statement is true, I again will emphasize how gathering professions are sub-optimal.

You can get the same effect with achlemy by using the alchemist rejuvenation potion, which will give you health AND mana.

As stated numerous times before, gathering professions are not raiding professions by any margin.

Guest Gebann

Fortifying Brew from monks is another useful option for symbiosis if a DK or a hunter is not available (such as in some 10-man configurations).

Guest Guest

Casting mushroom bloom also grants you your mastery buff.

Guest Kef

Have to disagree with your ranking of 1st tier talents. While the others arn't bad, as a resto who raids heroics I have no idea why you completely disregard the utility of displacer beast.

The biggest advantageto displacer is being able to cross void zones without taking damage or debuffs. Take for example Horridon puddles/sandtraps, council sandtraps, Jikun puddles, Primordius purple puddles and Iron Qon's spear lines. Need to get across them and don't want to take damage, just blink across.

It is also great for getting into a distant swirly ring on say Lei Shen, or getting away quickly from the occasional stray add that can head your way, such as initial resto druid threat on Tortos bats.

A plain 15% increase, or leaping to an allys position (granted you could shift then use the other aspects wild charge but that wastes multiple gcds) is no where near as versatile or useful in my opinion.

Guest Artaios

Can anyone explain the reasoning for Glyph of Rejuv? The information on the page seems conflicting, it's under the section on improving performance, but in the explanation it says we won't often get the benefit of the glyph. So then why is it a main glyph choice?

I've been using Blooming because the HoT does less than the bloom. A single bloom of a 3 stacked LB heals for about 150k unbuffed. The HoT component does about 8k per second. So essentially 20 seconds of the HoT is equal to 1 bloom and I could get 2 blooms off in about the same amount of time for rougly twice the healing. I started using this glyph originally because the general information I got was the nourish is not useful anymore and I used Regrowth glyph starting out this expac.

So is Nourish now something we should be regularly using? I'm trying to find the best glyph set up.

Also I'm 10m raiding.

Can anyone explain the reasoning for Glyph of Rejuv? The information on the page seems conflicting, it's under the section on improving performance, but in the explanation it says we won't often get the benefit of the glyph. So then why is it a main glyph choice?

I've been using Blooming because the HoT does less than the bloom. A single bloom of a 3 stacked LB heals for about 150k unbuffed. The HoT component does about 8k per second. So essentially 20 seconds of the HoT is equal to 1 bloom and I could get 2 blooms off in about the same amount of time for rougly twice the healing. I started using this glyph originally because the general information I got was the nourish is not useful anymore and I used Regrowth glyph starting out this expac.

So is Nourish now something we should be regularly using? I'm trying to find the best glyph set up.

Also I'm 10m raiding.

Glyph of Rejuvenation is useful if you want to put more steady healing on the tank, or more than one tank at a time. Keep several Rejuv's going, apply Lifebloom to a tank with the SotF haste buff from Swiftmend, and use Nourish to bolster the hots and refresh Lifebloom.

Edited by Tarazet

Guest Bob

Why no mention of the 3rd resto druid soft cap, at 13163 haste?

Guest Moocøw

I use this macro for NS+HT:

#showtooltip Nature's Swiftness
/use Nature's Swiftness
/cast [@mouseover] Healing Touch

And it works in one cast

Guest MØM

Hi,

I have recently come back to Wow from a small break and was wondering what peoples opinions where on the Incarnation Vs SoTF?

Does SoTF work with Lifebloom? To the extent that you could drop Swiftmend, put 3rd stack of LB on tank and refresh with Nourish etc and it would have the 75% haste bonus on it?

Guest Padrin

I'd like to suggest an addition to the Useful Symbiosis section of this guide, namely for Monks. If a Restoration Druid uses Symbiosis with a Monk, they gain Fortifying Brew (20% max health and 20% damage reduction for 20 seconds on a 3 minute cooldown).

Guest Boomie

Great great great terrific addon for resto druids is Lazy Symbiosis. It says in party/raid chat & whispers the target of Symbiosis what they are getting and what you are getting in return, complete with tool tip link.  Also, if you like on someone's name in your party/raid and type /ls  you will get a message of what you will get from that particular class/spec as a resto druid, and what the target will also get. 

I have 3 druids- looooove resto druids. Still bitter at Blizzard about getting rid of permanent treeform, but hey.. what can you do?

SO, yes, I definitely recommend this for every single druid, not just resto. But, especially the healers out there. 

Guest Risuraz

Hi I just wanted to point out that you have a glyph description wrong in your Recommended Glyphs. So I don't know if you need to re-evaluate all them, but its Glyph of Healing Touch.

You guys have it as:

But the glyph now reads as you hover over it:

When you cast Healing Touch, the cooldown on your Nature's Swiftness is reduced by 3 sec.

Sign in to follow this