FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Command Table Tip and Overall Mission Level Structure

54603-command-table-tips.jpg

While Necrolords and Night Fae may not care about their mission levels much with their very powerful troops and combos, Venthyr and Kyrian might want to be careful to not advance their mission/adventure level too quickly. We'll be taking a look at how to slow things down, as well as the general structure of the campaign adventures and their progression in difficulty levels.

The actual levels of the adventures you get are not in any way related to your companion or troop levels, as they actually only get higher with campaign adventure completions. As Maf1c noted, every 4th campaign mission you complete pushes you to the next tier of difficulty, increasing adventure levels across the board. If you control this and stay on only 3 completions for your current difficulty tier, you can focus on leveling up your companions instead, sending them on XP missions. This is particularly useful with new level 1 companion additions.

But, you can't be sure which campaign mission you're on currently, right? Wrong! Kanemochi posted this very helpful command that will show you exactly how many campaign adventures you've already completed:

/script print(C_CurrencyInfo.GetCurrencyInfo(1889).quantity)

Then you just stop before completing whichever factor of 4 adventure you're at, as the difficulty tiers go 4>8>12 and 16, which equates to adventure levels 12, 24, 36 and 48. After you complete 4 campaign adventures at level 48, you'll reach the maximum mission level of 60, at which point there are no more XP missions, but even failing a level 60 adventure will net you over 1k XP.

Don't forget that there are much better rewards with the higher level adventures, including mounts and weapon appearances, so don't stay on a lower tier too long - just long enough to get your team ready and able to complete the next set of missions!

Source.

• Like 1

so don't stay on a lower tier too long - just long enough to get your team ready and able to complete the next set of missions!

And immediately get another level 1 adventurer.

1 hour ago, solitha said:

And immediately get another level 1 adventurer.

This. Even as NF its frustrating, and new adventurers should be starting at your current campaign mission level minus 11.

Campaign Mission Level 12 = New adventurer level 1

Campaign Mission Level 24 = New adventurer level 13

Campaign Mission Level 36 = New adventurer level 25

Campaign Mission Level 48 = New adventurer level 37

Campaign Mission Level 60 = New adventurer level 49

5 hours ago, SidonisAntares said:

This. Even as NF its frustrating, and new adventurers should be starting at your current campaign mission level minus 11.

just send the new ones on your highest exp per hour adventures by themselves.  If they fail, they still get exp.  My new people I got last week are already level 20.  But I do agree with your suggestion.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TimmyET said:

just send the new ones on your highest exp per hour adventures by themselves.  If they fail, they still get exp.  My new people I got last week are already level 20.  But I do agree with your suggestion.

That's what I do as well, just frustrating that due to Renown gating, I will still be getting level 1 adventurers as I approach the lvl 48 campaign missions.

7 hours ago, SidonisAntares said:

i just put my lvl 1 alone on a mission (mine are lvl 39-60, i took a lvl 39 one) and used venture plan. its pretty easy like that cause you see if its a victory or not (except for mission where the abilities target a random unit)

Edited by ResoWho

On 1/12/2021 at 2:06 PM, TimmyET said:

Huh. Never thought of that. Several factors there I didn't know at all. But how do you know what the xp is on the mission without it as an explicit reward? Just... high level and short duration?

3 hours ago, solitha said:

Huh. Never thought of that. Several factors there I didn't know at all. But how do you know what the xp is on the mission without it as an explicit reward? Just... high level and short duration?

I use the venture table addon, it shows the XP you get per mission.  You don't need it for it though, basically each mission gives a little under 100 xp per hour.  This is not including the ones that give xp as a reward.  A 14 hr mission usually gives 1200 xp, a 4 hr mission usually gives 300 xp sometimes 400 xp.  I save the bonus xp missions for my high level companions, and at night I usually send them on a 12 hr mission, hopefully against a single enemy mission, those are always a guaranteed success.  A big thing I consider when sending my team on a mission is, what will be their health when they return, will I be able to send them on an additional mission right afterwards?  The venture addon gives an estimate of what their health will be after the mission as well.

One thing I did learn though, is that when a mission is done, your team immediately begins regenerating health, regardless of whether or not you've clicked the mission to complete it.

• Thanks 2

I wish this article was here 24 hours earlier.I opened mission table today and its full of L48 missions while my companions are all between L1-L30+ so there is zero missions I can actually win including one xp bonus L34, too difficult rare mission.After I completed Adventure Campaign Progress mission 12, I was moved to L48 mission difficulty tier (without any warning).My main char is Venthyr so now I’m stuck, I can’t normally level my companions via winning missions.Only way to make progres is spend next weeks or months by doing and losing too difficult missions, it’s still possible to get xp but it’s frustrating and expensive way as price for one mission is about 50 anima, it takes usually 10+ hours while healing of companions is insane expensive and thus impossible.
So my only advice could be, stop doing ACP missions at 7, 11 and 15 until your companions are leveled and ready for L36, 48 and 60 missions.

3 hours ago, Kopuliak said:

I wish this article was here 24 hours earlier.I opened mission table today and its full of L48 missions while my companions are all between L1-L30+ so there is zero missions I can actually win including one xp bonus L34, too difficult rare mission.After I completed Adventure Campaign Progress mission 12, I was moved to L48 mission difficulty tier (without any warning).My main char is Venthyr so now I’m stuck, I can’t normally level my companions via winning missions.Only way to make progres is spend next weeks or months by doing and losing too difficult missions, it’s still possible to get xp but it’s frustrating and expensive way as price for one mission is about 50 anima, it takes usually 10+ hours while healing of companions is insane expensive and thus impossible.
So my only advice could be, stop doing ACP missions at 7, 11 and 15 until your companions are leveled and ready for L36, 48 and 60 missions.

Try watching for the missions that just have one enemy in them, they usually are 12 hour missions, give 900 XP, and are pretty easy.

• Like 1