FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zarach

Stats weight in MoP

Hi all.

what about stats weigth in MoP for affliction and demonology?

i have been using simcraft and nothing seems to change.

for affliction

haste >mastery=crit

and for demonology

mastery>crit>haste.

for the patch 5.0.1 something has changed? and for mist of pandaria?

and for the haste cap? something change?

thanks

Edited by Zarach
  • Thanks 1

If you've looked at the Simcraft numbers properly (there is a tab showing how much of each stat was allocated), then you'd see that it goes as follows:

Affliction: Mastery > Haste > Crit

Demonology: Haste > Mastery > Crit

Destruction: Crit > Haste > Mastery

Don't forget that you'll be acquiring an additional 3000 mastery rating you didn't have before with Blessing of Might. This is likely more than anyone (except maybe Blood DKs) had during Cata, so you can safely reforge out of Mastery and dump stats into Haste and Crit unless the additional Mastery does boost you.

Edited by Zagam

If you've looked at the Simcraft numbers properly (there is a tab showing how much of each stat was allocated), then you'd see that it goes as follows:

Affliction: Haste > Crit > Mastery

Demonology: Haste > Mastery > Crit

Destruction: Crit > Haste > Mastery

Don't forget that you'll be acquiring an additional 3000 mastery rating you didn't have before with Blessing of Might. This is likely more than anyone (except maybe Blood DKs) had during Cata, so you can safely reforge out of Mastery and dump stats into Haste and Crit unless the additional Mastery does boost you.

Hmmm... your '5.0.4 Affliction Tips & Quirks' states Mastery all the way for affliction, yet here you reckon mastery is your poorest stat. I keep seeing conflicting reports on stats for warlock (some sites going for masery, other going for haste), so this is sorta confusing .....

examples:

http://wowraids.org/...fliction/ goes for Haste

http://www.askmrrobot.com goes for Haste

http://www.icy-veins...reforging for Mastery

http://www.simulatio...05/Warlock.html goes for mastery (this is the simc results from elitistjerks.com)

Edited by Boradan
  • Like 1

Hmmm... your '5.0.4 Affliction Tips & Quirks' states Mastery all the way for affliction, yet here you reckon mastery is your poorest stat. I keep seeing conflicting reports on stats for warlock (some sites going for masery, other going for haste), so this is sorta confusing .....

examples:

http://wowraids.org/...fliction/ goes for Haste

http://www.askmrrobot.com goes for Haste

http://www.icy-veins...reforging for Mastery

http://www.simulatio...05/Warlock.html goes for mastery (this is the simc results from elitistjerks.com)

You are correct in saying Mastery is the best for Affliction. I've put so much stuff up on this site that it's difficult to keep track of when changes are made. Thank you for pointing this out.

I've been checking Warlock stats for level 85 in Tier 13 Heroic gear with Simcraft today. Here's what I got:

• Affliction: Int > Hit > Haste > Mastery > Crit
  • Demonology: Hit > Int > Mastery > Crit > Haste
  • Destruction: Int = Hit > Haste = Mastery = Crit

I've been checking Warlock stats for level 85 in Tier 13 Heroic gear with Simcraft today. Here's what I got:

• Affliction: Int > Hit > Haste > Mastery > Crit
  • Demonology: Hit > Int > Mastery > Crit > Haste
  • Destruction: Int = Hit > Haste = Mastery = Crit

Hit cannot be more important than Int for Demonology. I feel those Simcraft boys are messing with us. I've done personal tests in LFR to find that Mastery is better than Haste for Affliction.

I'm looking right now at Affliction's 5.0.4 T13 Simulation stats page. They are as follows:

Haste rating = 2290 = 17.88%

Crit rating = 864 = 18.18%

Mastery rating = 1984 = 59.12%

I personally know that my own reforging (I don't use tools) has me reforging Crit to Hit. Having being able to obtain 15% hit with that alone, I reforge all extra Crit or any possible Haste where Mastery is not present to Mastery and can obtain 56% mastery without a raid buff (74% with). Since my Warlock is 4 pieces from BiS (Bracers, 2x Rings, H Cunning), I assume those stat differences would make up what they are obtaining here. However, I find it very difficult to believe in anything they are simulating right now because their Warlock had 13.61% spell hit which is 1.39% under the cap. I find this type of discovery atrocious on their part and, to be blunt, incredibly irresponsible how they could not follow the mandatory rule of any raider...get hit capped.

Demonology's T13 lvl 85 Simcraft values:

Haste rating = 3042 = 23.76%

Crit rating = 948 = 18.64%

Mastery rating = 1020 = 13.69%

Spell Hit = 1537 = 15.00%

Demonology gear setup reforges Crit to Hit and Mastery or Haste, so Crit must be the lowest value. Therefore, Demonology's priority is Haste >>>> Mastery > Crit.

• Thanks 1

Destruction's Simcraft stat ratings:

Haste rating = 2182 = 17.04%

Crit rating = 1827 = 23.55%

Mastery rating = 1001 = 40.74%

Hit rating = 1537 = 15.00%

Mastery and Haste are reforged into Hit and Crit with Mastery appearing to be worth the least. Therefore, Destruction's stat priority is Crit >>>>>> Haste > Mastery.

Heres my armory link at the minute :

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/khadgar/Boradan/simple

current stats are :

Hit: 15.11%

Mastery: 58.26%

Haste 19.02%

Crit: 15.65%

My gear is a little out of whack as I just swapped back to my warlock as my main (406 ilvl mage previously) and have only had 1 full DS HC run. As the poorest geared clothie in the raid though, any cloth drops are heading in my direction ;)

Happy enough with those stats and pulled 46.4k on Ultraxion HC last week (this reset). This was whilst at 400ilvl and had literally 5 minutes target dummy practice for a spec I havent played since.... well, ever really.

200dps behind a 407ilvl SP with legendary, so I cant really complain.

Heres my armory link at the minute :

http://eu.battle.net.../Boradan/simple

current stats are :

Hit: 15.11%

Mastery: 58.26%

Haste 19.02%

Crit: 15.65%

My gear is a little out of whack as I just swapped back to my warlock as my main (406 ilvl mage previously) and have only had 1 full DS HC run. As the poorest geared clothie in the raid though, any cloth drops are heading in my direction Posted Image

Happy enough with those stats and pulled 46.4k on Ultraxion HC last week (this reset). This was whilst at 400ilvl and had literally 5 minutes target dummy practice for a spec I havent played since.... well, ever really.

200dps behind a 407ilvl SP with legendary, so I cant really complain.

No offense, but your Shadow Priest needs to improve =)

Way to represent the Warlocks! I love being the superior "Magic Toilet Paper" wearing class at the moment.

No offense, but your Shadow Priest needs to improve =)

Way to represent the Warlocks! I love being the superior "Magic Toilet Paper" wearing class at the moment.

He doesnt really. Bear in mind that this was a run done on the first day of the 5.04 patch. He had no time to reforge or do much reading on the changes due to being at work.

Tomorrow night will be a better indication of where we stand and I am probably gonna get destroyed. I think the legendary id even more OP for SPs since the patch.

Zagam, I'm not sure that looking at what the reforging strategy is on those character templates is the proper way to go.

In Simulation Craft options, you have the option to scale stats, meaning that the tool will increase and decrease certain stat and see how it affects DPS. That's how it calculates stat weights, basically.

Zagam, I'm not sure that looking at what the reforging strategy is on those character templates is the proper way to go.

In Simulation Craft options, you have the option to scale stats, meaning that the tool will increase and decrease certain stat and see how it affects DPS. That's how it calculates stat weights, basically.

Stat weights are one question...which one affects your class the most if what I'm arguing. The Simulation numbers are posted with the highest possible DPS for each spec, and showing what stats they have is the best way to figure out how the secondary stats are affecting that class and specialization's DPS. I've done the same with my own Simulationcraft, simming my own character (4 pieces short of BiS profile) and Mastery makes Affliction do more. I even had Necromantic Focus beating out Cunning of the Cruel on single target fights.

Stat weights are one question...which one affects your class the most if what I'm arguing. The Simulation numbers are posted with the highest possible DPS for each spec, and showing what stats they have is the best way to figure out how the secondary stats are affecting that class and specialization's DPS. I've done the same with my own Simulationcraft, simming my own character (4 pieces short of BiS profile) and Mastery makes Affliction do more. I even had Necromantic Focus beating out Cunning of the Cruel on single target fights.

I'll play a bit with your profile when I get the chance to. I need to understand how we get different results.

But . i'm thinking about 4.3.3 when we had been said to get 2.589 for extra tic in inmolate or unestable affliction. and this was one cap. in 4.3.3 all seems more lineal. Things was clear.

now , is this valid??

i have trying some simulations with reforges and simcraft and i see odd things becouse with a pack of stats i see that adding 100 more haste i loose 400 dps and adding 120 i gain 300 dps.

i don't know why haste plots seems a WWWWWW (dps go up and down when you increase haste) without control and the same with mastery, both sometimes grow linealy and sometimes cross themselves , one go up and the other go down and you gain dps, but sometimes go the oposite way.

i don't know about simcraft acuracy. but this seems crazy, you can loose 800 dps increasing your stats.

i am going to do some test and post the results with numbers, but i am lost right know about soft and hard caps

Here is the data about the standard profile in Simcraft. Graphs sims a little crazy as minor changes in stat haste give high changes in dps. this can not be rigth.

i expected to find that haste grow more or less lineally giving more dps until Cap .but......... i don't know how to read this graph.

In this simulation crit was 2.307, haste was 2.563 and mastery 3.704

Stat Ranking Mastery > Haste = Crit

some help?

Posted Image

This is another graph from my own toon . I see more lineal

in this simulation crit was 564, haste was 2.298 and mastery 1.738

Stat Ranking Mastery > Crit > Haste

Posted Image

Edited by Zarach

Also, to note, that the total stat priority for Affliction at the moment for 5.0.5 is:

Int > Spell Power > Mastery > Haste > Hit > Crit

While it appears Mastery and Haste are more important than Hit here, it's still important to get hit capped. Mastery and Haste just provide more DPS per point because they don't have a relatively low hard cap. But for all you other Warlocks questioning Haste vs Mastery, I hope I've finally convinced you to join me on the good side (Mastery).

Thanks to everyone on thier Simcraft work.

I would like to play with the stat weight numbers on AskMrRobot to see if I will experience any gains in my raid. Would it be to much to ask someone to post maybe a screen shot of how you would set it up using AskMrRobot stat weights editor? Thank you in advance.

Thanks to everyone on thier Simcraft work.

I would like to play with the stat weight numbers on AskMrRobot to see if I will experience any gains in my raid. Would it be to much to ask someone to post maybe a screen shot of how you would set it up using AskMrRobot stat weights editor? Thank you in advance.

I made a post explaining it briefly, in another thread. Here is the link: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/621-stat-priorities-with-ask-mr-robot/#entry6364