FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Blood Death Knight 5.4

I like the upgrade updates. How about stat priority, Will that ever be factored in?

For the non-BiS lists, that's unlikely. We try to stick to an item level order there just to make it easy to find what you're looking for.

For the BiS lists, the stat priority should be factored in. That said, some of our BiS lists are in need of updating in this regard, and we're working on it :)

in the rotation section Ice bound fortitude sais reduces dmg taken by 20%, but your explaination sais 50% (just needs a little adjustment).

in the rotation section Ice bound fortitude sais reduces dmg taken by 20%, but your explaination sais 50% (just needs a little adjustment).

Hey. You are probably referring to the tooltip indicating a 20% damage reduction. The tooltip does not account for ability_deathknight_sanguinfortitude.jpgSanguine Fortitude, a Blood passive ability, which increases the damage reduction to 50%.

Also the stat priority doesn't match askmrrobot.com

the hit/exp build doesn't take mastery above it, wich imo should

Ask Mr. Robot has several priorities that it recommends, while we only advised one (and another one less directly in the paragraph below the list). You are right that there is a discrepancy in that we advise Mastery above Hit/Expertise, whereas Mr. Robot places it below. We do not have direct control over the priorities that Mr. Robot puts on their site, and I personally feel that our priority is better (although in reality the difference is probably negligible), but I will try to talk to someone from Mr. Robot about it and see what they think.

Thank you!

For Blood the stat weight is dependent on what you are looking for. If your going for pure survivability then I'd go Mastery>parry>hit, I left out exp because blood strike and rune strike cannot be parried. Therefore for means of survival you do not need as much exp. Now even if your blood strike does miss you still receive the healing from it, you just do not get the blood shield. Now if your raid group is lacking dps you may want to reforge more into hit/exp. Kind of a trial and error type deal. I personally like getting my hit to cap and the reforge mastery followed by parry. I like seeing my blood shield getting nice and high Posted Image

Edited by Soultrain

Hey. You are probably referring to the tooltip indicating a 20% damage reduction. The tooltip does not account for ability_deathknight_sanguinfortitude.jpgSanguine Fortitude, a Blood passive ability, which increases the damage reduction to 50%.

Ask Mr. Robot has several priorities that it recommends, while we only advised one (and another one less directly in the paragraph below the list). You are right that there is a discrepancy in that we advise Mastery above Hit/Expertise, whereas Mr. Robot places it below. We do not have direct control over the priorities that Mr. Robot puts on their site, and I personally feel that our priority is better (although in reality the difference is probably negligible), but I will try to talk to someone from Mr. Robot about it and see what they think.

Thank you!

Thank you!

For Blood the stat weight is dependent on what you are looking for. If your going for pure survivability then I'd go Mastery>parry>hit, I left out exp because blood strike and rune strike cannot be parried. Therefore for means of survival you do not need as much exp. Now even if your blood strike does miss you still receive the healing from it, you just do not get the blood shield. Now if your raid group is lacking dps you may want to reforge more into hit/exp. Kind of a trial and error type deal. I personally like getting my hit to cap and the reforge mastery followed by parry. I like seeing my blood shield getting nice and high Posted Image

true, was going for master>parry/dodge in cata, but i want to try master>hit/exp this time, and for now only done a few hc's and the healers where saticfied, so suits me ^^

alltho you still get healing from death strike if you miss, i still use it for blood shield ofc, so rather don't want to miss it that often

Guest Anee

I would like to know your opinion on Mr. Robot's PVE: Mastery build and why it is having me stack all my gems and enchants for Stamina? It has Stamina placed above Mastery for some reason now and I was thinking that it should be the reverse of that.

I would like to know your opinion on Mr. Robot's PVE: Mastery build and why it is having me stack all my gems and enchants for Stamina? It has Stamina placed above Mastery for some reason now and I was thinking that it should be the reverse of that.

It's maybe not a pro answer or opinion. But it depends for what you are gearing and and what your ilvl is i guess..

you need a certain amount of stamina just so you don't go down so fast the healers can't cast a spell. you need to see for yourself if you think you have enough stamina/hp (talk to your healers bout this). if all is well, i would say go for mastery ass priority

Guest Anee

It's maybe not a pro answer or opinion. But it depends for what you are gearing and and what your ilvl is i guess..

you need a certain amount of stamina just so you don't go down so fast the healers can't cast a spell. you need to see for yourself if you think you have enough stamina/hp (talk to your healers bout this). if all is well, i would say go for mastery ass priority

Well considering after doing what Mr Robot said I am at 553K health unbuffed without the Chest and Leg enchants I think I am good before I did this I was at that number fully buffed and I believe I was OK in the MV 10man we were running I think I am going to go back to Mastery which is what Mr Robot was telling me to do prior to patch 5.1. Thanks for your opinion I appreciate the help.

There's also a 5 page discussion on the AMR forums about this (http://forums.askmrrobot.com/index.php?topic=4701.0), and as of now they seem to say that stacking stam or mastery are both viable strategies.

If you want Mrrobot to tell you to go mastery you can either reduce a bit the value of stam in their Stat Weigths tab or add a Stam cap in the same tab (that's my the Blodd tank in my raid team did). Ofc, as far as tanking goes, you are always a bit more freee in your gearing choices compared to dps players.

Hope this helps a little :)

Well considering after doing what Mr Robot said I am at 553K health unbuffed without the Chest and Leg enchants I think I am good before I did this I was at that number fully buffed and I believe I was OK in the MV 10man we were running I think I am going to go back to Mastery which is what Mr Robot was telling me to do prior to patch 5.1. Thanks for your opinion I appreciate the help.

yes, think going for mastery should work out better, if socket bonus is usefull, make hybrids gems for it ofcourse. mastery enchants > stamina if they are MoP enchants that is.

you're welcome

Guest Anee

There's also a 5 page discussion on the AMR forums about this (http://forums.askmrrobot.com/index.php?topic=4701.0), and as of now they seem to say that stacking stam or mastery are both viable strategies.

If you want Mrrobot to tell you to go mastery you can either reduce a bit the value of stam in their Stat Weigths tab or add a Stam cap in the same tab (that's my the Blodd tank in my raid team did). Ofc, as far as tanking goes, you are always a bit more freee in your gearing choices compared to dps players.

Hope this helps a little :)

What would everyone think a good stamina cap would be?

What would everyone think a good stamina cap would be?

My team's tank uses anywhere between 35-40k cap to get full mastrery reforges, gems and enchants. I can get pretty much the same result on my dk by decreasing the priority of stam by ~0.5 points however. Posted Image Edited by ragebarr

Guest Anee

My team's tank uses anywhere between 35-40k cap to get full mastrery reforges, gems and enchants. I can get pretty much the same result on my dk by decreasing the priority of stam by ~0.5 points however. Posted Image

Thanks I appreciate the info.

Guest Razhi

Why do no 1 use rune of fallen crusader?? it can pug 3 tims in 10sec its 3*3% of your max hp and the 15% str give you ca. 2% parry.

over all it over run stoneskin and swordshattering

Guest Fierza

The reason fallen crusader aint too used is due to it not having a 100% uptime normally and since it overall gives 2% parry, that pakes swordshattering twice as good, leaving out the healing. Most of the times the heal from fc will be a overheal, and therefore have no effect.

Guest Farrohk

Hey there

This is what you wrote in the section "Summing-up Proffesion Perks":

"Choosing a profession for your Blood Death Knight can impact your raid performance. As a rule, you should shy away from gathering professions (with the exception of Herbalism), which leaves the following viable professions for raiding"

Shouldnt it be "(with the exception of Mining)" ? I can't see any use for a blood DK in a temporary haste buff.

At this point I wanted, if it's allowded ofcourse, to thank you guys for these amazing and detailed guides through each class. Helped me alot mastering my charakter(s). Especially during playing my twinks in a much better way.

Cheers

Farrohk

Hey there

This is what you wrote in the section "Summing-up Proffesion Perks":

"Choosing a profession for your Blood Death Knight can impact your raid performance. As a rule, you should shy away from gathering professions (with the exception of Herbalism), which leaves the following viable professions for raiding"

Shouldnt it be "(with the exception of Mining)" ? I can't see any use for a blood DK in a temporary haste buff.

At this point I wanted, if it's allowded ofcourse, to thank you guys for these amazing and detailed guides through each class. Helped me alot mastering my charakter(s). Especially during playing my twinks in a much better way.

Cheers

Farrohk

Thank you for your compliment, and for your suggestion to the guide. I've made the relevant change, and it should show up on the website shortly :)

I feel like I'm holding my weight, I'm currently running Mastery build with 144% Mastery but only 1.6 Hit and 2.44 Exp. I understand my rotation, but if I try to move back to cap for Hit I lose 20% points of Mastery.

Is it worth it to cap? This is also with my current gear, 467 ilvl.

I feel like I'm holding my weight, I'm currently running Mastery build with 144% Mastery but only 1.6 Hit and 2.44 Exp. I understand my rotation, but if I try to move back to cap for Hit I lose 20% points of Mastery.

Is it worth it to cap? This is also with my current gear, 467 ilvl.

For 467 item level, whatever gets you through the fight will do, basically. It doesn't really matter as much. But as you go into harder and harder content, you'll see that you want more hit and expertise than that. Capping may not be required, but you certainly want more than what you have. You shouldn't need to be reforging for it (stick to Mastery reforging), but don't reforge out of it, and you should get more on your gear innately anyway.

Guest Ohrik

Mr Robot also suggests Sensei`s (mastery/hit) in blue slots over Puissant (mastery/stam) when setting custom weights to cap stam in the Hit/Exp build. The icy veins gemming guide makes no mention of Sensei`s.

The confusion this can cause would be the Mr Robot link directly under the Icy Veins gem guide, buy some Puissant, go check Mr Robot as recommended by I.V then get told they are gemmed wrongly.

You shouldn't ever need Sensei's if you're trying to cap hit/exp > Stam > Mastery > Dodge/Parry. You should almost always be better off reforging dodge/parry into Hit, and sticking with Solid or Puissant gems for blue sockets.

You should be able to hit cap just by reforging, or by not reforging out of hit. unless somehow you just have a strange combination of Hit/Mastery gear, and Exp Mastery, in such a way that you aren't capped but there are no good places in your gear to reforge more hit.

I've made several considerable improvements to the guide yesterday. Just saying :)

• Like 1

Guest DarqKnight

Just a heads up, but in later endgame content (I'm currently 6/13 heroic) another alternative for maximum DPS output and better healing is actually going to a hit/exp to 7.5% > haste > mastery. You get smaller blood shields, but they have a much better uptime with improved rune generation. I am pulling 130k+ dps, and on heavy healing fights I am able to pull close to 100k hps. Currently my haste in raid is 35% and my blood shields are ~150%. To make sure you fully understand tho, this is a VERY gear dependant build and i would not suggest it until you have the health and skill to utilize the build. This is, in my opinion, the best current DK tank build for heroic content due to enrage timers and the total reduction in damage taken from better shield uptime giving you less "spikey" damge that so many people associate with DKs and vastly improving your damage output. On a single fight like Iron Qon on heroic DPS numbers with this build can easily reach 180k DPS.

Moderator's note - double post removed.

Sign in to follow this