Damien

Hearthstone 0-Mana and 1-Mana Minions

14 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our card descriptions for 0-mana and 1-mana minions.

Gadgetzan Jouster is actually better than Zombie Chow for control decks, such as ramp druid and control warrior. Since the chance that you take the other Jouster from your deck is really, really small, it will be always a 2/3 against aggro (the reason you would add Zombie Chow in your deck). But, contrary to Chow, he is not a dead card in your hand if you draw it late. For this reason, adding two of it is not counter-productive as is adding two Zombie Chows.

Nope.

If you do the maths, you'll see that a high curve control deck only wins a joust with between 60 and 70% consistency against even a deck like Hybrid Hunter which is essentially just aggression with a couple of Highmanes thrown in.

Even taking the extreme example of outright Control Warrior vs outright Face Hunter you're still only 80% favoured. Why take the risk? Their health is not a relevant part of the win condition, only yours is, and playing a 1/2 on turn 1 is just going to get you killed.

Even worse when you start to scale things down further, if you're playing a Control deck vs a Midrange deck like Mid Pally, you're now only 50-55% favoured. That's awful! What happens when you play your turn 1 1/2, and they respond with a 2/3 Chow. I'll tell you what, you lose the board straight away and probably lose the game.

Not worth the risk, just play Chow.

Clockwork Gnome's description refers to Spare parts has "another 1-mana card that can be played with Undertaker"... Undertaker only triggers when you play minions, not spells. You could mention that legendary card that gives a Mech every time you play a 1-mana spell.

Thanks. I have no idea what I was even thinking when I wrote that, but obviously Undertaker is not what I meant. Surprised someone hasn't caught that already. Thank you!

You wrote, "Young Dragonhawk is very really seen in Constructed". I think you meant that it is very rarely seen in Constructed. Anyway, thanks for the great work!

In the Arena section of Arcane Anomaly:
"Having some 1 Mana minions in your deck can be important to be allow you to take the initiative"
Some work needs to be done on that part of the sentence, I'm not sure what, but it's difficult to read.

Murloc Tidecaller's and Grimscale Oracle's images still have the old text. I'm not sure if their description should be changed considering the new effects and the potential upcoming Murloc support, but the images should definitely be changed to have the new text.

The link for Patches the Pirate is incorrect. The correct link is http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/cards/neutral/patches-the-pirate

(EDIT: The same issue seems to go for all neutral MSG legendaries. It looks to me that most have pages now, but I can only get to them by editing the URL in my browser's address bar.)

Edited by furrykef
1 person likes this

4 hours ago, furrykef said:

The link for Patches the Pirate is incorrect. The correct link is http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/cards/neutral/patches-the-pirate

(EDIT: The same issue seems to go for all neutral MSG legendaries. It looks to me that most have pages now, but I can only get to them by editing the URL in my browser's address bar.)

Thank you for pointing that out. We will get that fixed as soon as possible. 

3 hours ago, Savathar said:

update??

If you mean Small-Time Buccaneer, the description is up-to-date. The tooltip is sadly provided by a third party, so we have to wait until it gets updated. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor