Damien

Hearthstone 4-Mana Minions

19 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our card descriptions for 4-mana minions.

You place evil heckler in a tier below lost tall strider...this makes no sense to me. one is a 4 mana 5/4 and the other is 4 mana 5/4 with taunt clearly an awesome deal. the rule of thumb about taunt minions having more health than attack is all well and dandy but not when the cost is this efficient. I run evil hecklers over senjin shield masters on most occasions, i prefer the high attack also the 5 attack forces players to deal with it.

About Old Murk-Eye. Contrary to other cards, it is not specified how to obtain the card.

Also, perhaps the most relevant part of this post, you talk about how, despite Shaman having cards to support Murlocs, Warlock continues to be the class to play this card consistently. This isn't true anymore with Everyfin is Awesome. The article doesn't take Paladin into account at all even though we now have a Legendary OTK Paladin Deck. I know LoE just came out, just trying to help.

About Old Murk-Eye. Contrary to other cards, it is not specified how to obtain the card.

Also, perhaps the most relevant part of this post, you talk about how, despite Shaman having cards to support Murlocs, Warlock continues to be the class to play this card consistently. This isn't true anymore with Everyfin is Awesome. The article doesn't take Paladin into account at all even though we now have a Legendary OTK Paladin Deck. I know LoE just came out, just trying to help.

You can get him by owning all the murlocs from classic packs.

Yes, Paladin and Warlock are currently the most used murloc decks. Murloc Shaman is still not a thing. 

You can get him by owning all the murlocs from classic packs.

Yes, Paladin and Warlock are currently the most used murloc decks. Murloc Shaman is still not a thing. 

I saw some incredible board swing to Everyfin is Awesome, but okay. My comment was more about improving the card's description than obtaining information from the forum, but thanks anyway.

Edited by EDL666

About Dread Corsair. The description still mention it synergizing with Warsong Commander. Warsong Commander buffs charge minions, Dread Corsair doesn't have charge.

• Like 1

You place evil heckler in a tier below lost tall strider...this makes no sense to me. one is a 4 mana 5/4 and the other is 4 mana 5/4 with taunt clearly an awesome deal. the rule of thumb about taunt minions having more health than attack is all well and dandy but not when the cost is this efficient. I run evil hecklers over senjin shield masters on most occasions, i prefer the high attack also the 5 attack forces players to deal with it.

Is it in a specific spreadsheet? The one I have opened have both of them on the same tier (ie. Tier 4). 

6 hours ago, Guest James said:

IS this card still available? I don't see a way to craft it anymore.

Hi, what card are you talking about? This topic is for every 4-cost neutral card in game, and you will need to specify which card you mean.

About Kobold Monk, the analysis seems to imply that the minion, not your hero, is untargetable.

is this not the comments section for keening banshee?

i dont know why the description is saying that this 
card is good in arena.
ive used it twice and it was not good.

i ran out of cards. and yes the stats are good
but its not good if i cant play any cards. and
all my opponent has to do is ignore the minion.
or use a low attack taunt.

useless card for my play style.
maybe it might work in other decks
but they have to be pretty specific decks.

12 hours ago, cannedpeaches said:

is this not the comments section for keening banshee?

i dont know why the description is saying that this 
card is good in arena.
ive used it twice and it was not good.

i ran out of cards. and yes the stats are good
but its not good if i cant play any cards. and
all my opponent has to do is ignore the minion.
or use a low attack taunt.

useless card for my play style.
maybe it might work in other decks
but they have to be pretty specific decks.

It is a difficult card to use properly. Sometimes, when you are behind, it is wiser not to play it. However, if it is played on curve, it can contest the board, and you can almost always afford to lose 3 or 6 cards from your deck when it is offset by dominating the board. If your opponent ignores it, you can either deliver a massive amount of damage to his face, or trade it off on your own terms, ultimately yielding huge value.

On 6/30/2018 at 2:23 AM, positiv2 said:

It is a difficult card to use properly. Sometimes, when you are behind, it is wiser not to play it. However, if it is played on curve, it can contest the board, and you can almost always afford to lose 3 or 6 cards from your deck when it is offset by dominating the board. If your opponent ignores it, you can either deliver a massive amount of damage to his face, or trade it off on your own terms, ultimately yielding huge value.

thank you for the feedback.

im officially going to avoid this card.

i tried it for the third time today.

i really wanted to give it a chance to work.
but i feel with my play style its just not a card
i can use properly.
my opponent pretty much ignored it and
went face.
i would have to be ridiculously ahead to play this.
i definitely think it would be a for sure win if i was
ahead.
but i feel it gets in the way of my deck synergy.
im a huge fan of huge statted minions.
im a huge fan of getting decent stats for
my mana cost.
i just have a hard time putting a deck together.
i focus on trying to get individual value for the card
but overall my decks are substandard.
its almost like i need to be able to predict what my 
deck will look like without having built it.

i learned about decks with the icy veins basic decks.
so im a huge fan getting stat value.
idk it feels like theres more to arena than that though.

10 hours ago, cannedpeaches said:

thank you for the feedback.

im officially going to avoid this card.

i tried it for the third time today.

i really wanted to give it a chance to work.
but i feel with my play style its just not a card
i can use properly.
my opponent pretty much ignored it and
went face.
i would have to be ridiculously ahead to play this.
i definitely think it would be a for sure win if i was
ahead.
but i feel it gets in the way of my deck synergy.
im a huge fan of huge statted minions.
im a huge fan of getting decent stats for
my mana cost.
i just have a hard time putting a deck together.
i focus on trying to get individual value for the card
but overall my decks are substandard.
its almost like i need to be able to predict what my 
deck will look like without having built it.

i learned about decks with the icy veins basic decks.
so im a huge fan getting stat value.
idk it feels like theres more to arena than that though.

Yes, it is a card that can be hard to use efficiently, but when you are able to do exactly that, you will find that the card offers huge boost in tempo (as it can trade into 4/5s and 4/4s without dying) and provides you with nice value basically for free, though is not really a good draw in the late game.

That's a skill that comes with experience, being able to see the best card choices through synergy rather than through the value of the card in vacuum. The more you play arena, the better you will get at drafting.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.