FORUMS
Staff

Introducing Icy Veins Masterclass

2g2KgzF.jpg

As a thank you to all of our Premium supporters, we're proud to introduce the Icy Veins Masterclass, a Premium member-only video series by Azortharion that will help you become a better player.

Our Raidbots Masterclass takes you through one of the most important tools outside of the game to help you get better. Raidbots is the tool used by thousands of people, including top raiders, to simulate their gear, talents, covenants, and more and find out the best way to set up their character. This is not only a lot more accurate than using addons or stat weights, but also a lot easier once you know how to do it.

Of course, if you are not a Premium member, you can always access our Raidbots guide for free here.

It is comprised of nine episodes. Six episodes are currently available to Premium members. The remaining three episodes will release shortly.

Here is a list of Masterclass episodes:

1. Introduction / How To Set Up Raidbots
  2. Importing Your Character
  3. How To Use Raidbots Top Gear
  4. How To Use the Raidbots Droptimizer
  5. How To Use Raidbots Gear Compare
  6. How To Use Raidbots Advanced
  7. Getting Started With WarcraftLogs (coming soon)
  8. Understanding WarcraftLogs Reports (coming soon)
  9. Improving Yourself With WarcraftLogs (coming soon)

Premium members, would you like to see more Masterclass videos? What topics should we cover next? Let us know what you think in the comments below or on social media!

Frequently Asked Questions

Why did you guys decide to make a Masterclass? 

As you may know, we’ve always had a Raidbots written guide up on Icy Veins for many years, but we’d thought of investing in some video content to help bring some better clarity for those learners who might find the visual aspect of video useful, as opposed to reading written text. 

Can’t we find this information for free on Youtube?

Yes, that’s possible. However, as a Premium member, you can not only see the videos but also access our Premium Discord channel where you can interact with our staff and writers to ask questions and clarify points of confusion (if there are any). We believe this dialogue could come in useful for a player who’s looking to improve and get to the next level, advised by some of the top-tier WoW players here at Icy Veins.

What's Next?

We're open to suggestions! This is our first video series and we have our own ideas of topics to cover, but would love to get your feedback on topics, whether the videos should be longer or shorter, or anything else that you might have in mind.

8 minutes ago, dudemeister said:

Pay a fee to learn how to navigate the most basic, self-explanatory wow resource available?  Yikes.. I'll head on over to Wowhead, thanks guys

I pay a fee to support the website this is just a nice bonus they gave to their supporters. Do you really need to complain for that ? Nobody's forcing you to buy...

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, dudemeister said:

Pay a fee to learn how to navigate the most basic, self-explanatory wow resource available?  Yikes.. I'll head on over to Wowhead, thanks guys

This is literally extra content that was never available on the site before and which we weren't going to make otherwise. We didn't paywall existing content and we never will. As ffdream6915 points out, it's basically extra content for any of our existing subscribers.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dudemeister said:

And yet there are players ingame that don't know how to use and utilize addons accordingly,  Like people that never played WoW before.  This is just courtesy service available to those that subscribe to the site.

Edited by Ragingwolf
  • Like 4

nice gettin the most money out of the noobs before the ship sinks XD didnt knew this website is sponsored by kotick and cosby :D, but hey why not some paid tips on simple things are never on the wrong side haha

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I don't blame Icy Veins for doing this.  I mean, if they can make money doing it, why not?  Perhaps it would even be a gateway for some to take up the Premium Service for a while.  It's definitely not something I would ever use as I feel like Raidbots is pretty easy to use and understand without a 'tutorial' or this manner of teaching.

That said, I would be a bit concerned about someone taking up this kind of paid service when there are surely other videos out there that could help you without cost - or perhaps even better, someone in your guild or maybe someone you know in-game.  To those that already have a Premium Service, I guess this is a nifty little bonus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Prophet001 said:

I wonder what WoW would look like without sims.

WoW has embraced so many of the addons (DBM) and tools (RIO, Gearscore) used by players that I think it would be a completely different game had they never come to be.  Would that be better or worse?  I dunno - surely that speculation and opinion would be different for players that are already divided on this.

• Like 1

Surprised by the amount of salt in the comments.

You either want to support the site, or you don't want to.

If you're a good player - stay a good player. If you need some tips on Blizzard's (last) games - use the site for free, what's the problem here?

• Like 3

Someone has read all the books and decided to charge for teaching. Nothing to see here, it's noob tax, suckers paying losers for easier access.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MeOnIV said:

Someone has read all the books and decided to charge for teaching. Nothing to see here, it's noob tax, suckers paying losers for easier access.

Hunh?

This site is crazy helpful. There's nothing wrong with supporting it.

• Like 1

Not sure it's a good idea to paywall something like this. Some guides that are available in other places for free, not many people are going to see this one (even some subscribers, and I assume there are dedicated players among them, who probably already know this stuff).

Edited by Arcling

Reading the post,inside my mind I was thinking "well,not much stuff to go on,simming,logs , gear analysis , you just are basicly looking at a sort of more detailed guide , guess it is kind of cool someone is trying to offer something for the players that support Icy Veins"

Reading the comments...holy sunday fish sprinkles,some people really can't take 10-20 seconds to try and understand.As far as I can tell,you either want to support the site or not,it's not something that is paywalled as long as you can literally get it ANYWHERE else  - you got wowhead,you got the FREE icy veins guides for your class , you have the darn armory to stalk players and maybe to a compare to their stats,gear,spend time at a dummy ,youtube, etc etc etc .

If they just introduced it to thank their supporters,why so much fuss over it?by fuss I mean negativity ...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kuarinofu said:

Surprised by the amount of salt in the comments.

You either want to support the site, or you don't want to.

If you're a good player - stay a good player. If you need some tips on Blizzard's (last) games - use the site for free, what's the problem here?

is buying game shop mounts for WoW supporting wow or wow being greedy? same thinking applies to these vids

If you don't want to subscribe, don't. But really? All the keyboard kvetching when you could just silently (SMH) to yourself and move on?

Yeah, there's a certain irony about me kvetching about the kvetchers...lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Prophet001 said:

Hunh?

This site is crazy helpful. There's nothing wrong with supporting it.

I didn't say there is anything wrong with supporting the site.

Support Icy Veins how ever you like, call this what ever you want, but it is what it is, a paid guide. Someone compiled all the freely available tutorials and made it easier to digest for other people and charged for labor, that's fine.

Not even the addon/tool creators charged for making the tool or tutorials, but this site or the author did. Some do it out of passion and love, some do it for traffic/ad/donation. Icy Vein does it with subscription and that's OK. I'm not against it. It just looks like losers preying on suckers and I said it. So what? Carry on.

3 hours ago, Calorat said:

is buying game shop mounts for WoW supporting wow or wow being greedy? same thinking applies to these vids

In WoW this feels different since you have to pay (or farm) to play. I didn't like anything past Legion AND I was banned for botting (farming) 😄 so I don't know how it works now tbh, token prices and overall.

In case of Icy Veins I think if you're willing to support the content it's fine. To quote the post "as a thank you to all of our Premium supporters", so this is more like feature for those who donated anyway, not sometihng they have to pay extra for.

Maybe it's not as useful, since people also comment on that, but I don't think there are many options here.

Edited by Kuarinofu

7 hours ago, Lunestro said:

I don't blame Icy Veins for doing this.  I mean, if they can make money doing it, why not?  Perhaps it would even be a gateway for some to take up the Premium Service for a while.  It's definitely not something I would ever use as I feel like Raidbots is pretty easy to use and understand without a 'tutorial' or this manner of teaching.

That said, I would be a bit concerned about someone taking up this kind of paid service when there are surely other videos out there that could help you without cost - or perhaps even better, someone in your guild or maybe someone you know in-game.  To those that already have a Premium Service, I guess this is a nifty little bonus.

wtf are you on? They even say in the FAQ that the videos are available FOC on youtube, this isn't something to entice people, this is just a bonus to those who have it.

Honestly, people can't do anything without getting it in the neck from entitled dumbfucks who cba to even read 

5 minutes ago, Bobbis said:

wtf are you on? They even say in the FAQ that the videos are available FOC on youtube, this isn't something to entice people, this is just a bonus to those who have it.

Honestly, people can't do anything without getting it in the neck from entitled dumbfucks who cba to even read 

Ironic since I'm not sure you read my comment correctly.  Take your toxicity somewhere else.

2 hours ago, Bobbis said:

They even say in the FAQ that the videos are available FOC on youtube,

I'm not 100% sure it's what they mean by that. I believe by free information on YouTube it was referring to similar video guides made by other creators, not by this site, this series of guide by this particular author. That's how I interpreted it.

23 hours ago, Lunestro said:

Ironic since I'm not sure you read my comment correctly.  Take your toxicity somewhere else.

No I read your comment. You say they're making money of this, yet it's not a selling point, but an addition to what we already get for supporting them. The dumbfuck comment was at you and others who have commented on this train. 

21 hours ago, MeOnIV said:

I'm not 100% sure it's what they mean by that. I believe by free information on YouTube it was referring to similar video guides made by other creators, not by this site, this series of guide by this particular author. That's how I interpreted it.

You are correct, I read it the same way. Still saying the same info is out there FOC if you want to find it, or assembled for people here.

Edited by Bobbis
2nd

1 hour ago, Bobbis said:

No I read your comment. You say they're making money of this, yet it's not a selling point, but an addition to what we already get for supporting them. The dumbfuck comment was at you and others who have commented on this train. 

You are correct, I read it the same way. Still saying the same info is out there FOC if you want to find it, or assembled for people here.

It seems to me you intentionally take things out of context so you can complain about them.  I'm certain you read my comment; I said "I'm not sure you read my comment correctly".  Just take a walk, man.  Get some air.  Enjoy life.  There's plenty more than whatever poison you have going on in your life.