FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

WOD BETA DISCUSSION w/SCREENSHOTS

yeah^^^

I'm a high school band director, and I'm new, so a big thing is like, "well our old band director said to do it like this". So it's as frustrating for us as it is for blizz. 

"This is the way we've always done it" is one of the worst statements that could ever be told.  This does NOT mean, in any way, shape, or form, that it is the best way to do things.  Familiar is too easy for humans.

• Like 1

I really wish i could play on the beta again. My character was in the, apparently, very small group to get wiped on the 12th of August and never restored or even given the option to get another premade level 100. Im not about to level a toon from friggin level 1 just for 2 months of play.

Pretty pissed about that.

Warlock (ForumsTalent Calculator)

• Corruption (Demonology) Metamorphosis transforms this spell into Doom: Doom Inflicts impending doom upon the target, causing [ 4 + 150% 120% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 60 sec.
  • Corruption (Demonology) Metamorphosis transforms this spell into Doom: Doom Inflicts impending doom upon the target, causing [ 4 + 150% 120% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 60 sec.
  • Shadow Bolt (Affliction, Destruction) Sends a shadowy bolt at the enemy, causing [ 1 + 124.2% 74% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage.
  • Shadow Bolt (Demonology) Sends a shadowy bolt at the enemy, causing [ 1 + 124.2% 74% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage and generating 25 Demonic Fury. Metamorphosis transforms this spell into Touch of Chaos: Touch of Chaos Unleashes energy at the enemy, causing [ 1 + 69.03% 40% of Spell Power ] Chaos damage and extending the duration of Corruption.

Talents

• Demonbolt Launch of ball of demonic energy at the target, dealing [ 1 + 250% 150% of Spell Power ] Chaos damage. Each Demonbolt amplifies further Demonbolts, increasing damage by 20% and cost by 100% for 60 sec (reduced by Haste), stacking up to 10 times. Requires Metamorphosis. Warlock - LvL 0 Talent. 80 Demonic Fury. 40 yd range. 2 sec cast.

Affliction

• Haunt A ghostly soul haunts the target, dealing [ 1 + 375% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage and increasing damage over time you deal to the target by 35% 30%for 8 sec. Warlock - Affliction Spec. 1 Soul Shard. 40 yd range. 1.5 sec cast.

Demonology

• Hand of Gul'dan (Affliction, Destruction) Strikes the target and all enemies within 6 yards for [ 86% [ 68.8% of Spell Power ] instant Shadowflame damage and an additional [ 22.5% [ 18% of Spell Power ] Shadowflame damage and 12 Demonic Fury over 6 sec.
  • Hand of Gul'dan (Demonology) Strikes the target and all enemies within 6 yards for [ 86% [ 68.8% of Spell Power ] instant Shadowflame damage and an additional [ 22.5% [ 18% of Spell Power ] Shadowflame damage and 12 Demonic Fury over 6 sec. Metamorphosis transforms this spell into Chaos Wave: Chaos Wave Hurls a wave of chaos to strike the target and all enemies within 6 yards, dealing [ 131.28% [ 105% of Spell Power ] Chaos damage and reducing movement speed by 50% for 6 sec.
  • Soul Fire (Affliction, Destruction) Burn the enemy's soul, causing [ 1 + 42.5% 34% of Spell Power ] Fire damage.
  • Soul Fire (Demonology) Burn the enemy's soul, causing [ 1 + 42.5% 34% of Spell Power ] Fire damage and generating 30 Demonic Fury.

Kicked hard while down - we'll see where this puts us.

You should probably consider not ever playing demo until it gets buffed.

I set out to prove that demo was so bad that a holy priest could beat it. Turns out I might have just proven that holy is stealth op. Either way...enjoy:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qxyMcBY4awtLQVAj/#type=damage-done&source=4&graph=true&by=source

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RyTrpqa6g2P9M4vJ#type=damage-done&graph=true

I calm myself with the fact that most other classes got some downscaling too.

Edit: I looked through Gahhda´s logs and... pretty disappointed that I can´t play demo in WoD if Blizzard is going to follow that road.

Edited by check0790

There is a LOT of noise from a lot of prestigious raiders saying the nerf was over done.  With all reason and logic behind us, I would anticipate smaller buffs going forward as they fine tune.  The latest nerf/buff wave had some larger swings to it that would indicate we're still a few iterations away from the final release.  I'm an advocate of wait out the thunderstorm for some sun - unfortunately, it's looking like we're headed for mostly cloudy instead of mostly sunny. 

Also, remember that the REAL testing comes during 6.0 when they collect buckets and truckloads of data from everyone instead of those in the beta.  When they push out specs in 6.0, that's when we'll take our new models into SoO, which should be VERY familiar at this point, and relearn your new spec.  6.0.2 PTR is coming out soon so we'll have a vehicle to test new stuff. 

It makes people happier when the last balancing act is buffing. Therefore they had to make major nerf now so they can do some buffing before release and make everyone happy. :>

They still haven't fixed Wild Imps basically going /afk as soon as they spawn. That should add some damage and fury generation back in to the mix.

I'm waiting til the next build before passing judgement.

Warlock (ForumsTalent Calculator)

• Shadow Bolt (Affliction, Destruction) Sends a shadowy bolt at the enemy, causing [ 1 + 124.2% 74% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage.
  • Shadow Bolt (Demonology) Sends a shadowy bolt at the enemy, causing [ 1 + 124.2% 74% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage and generating 25 Demonic Fury. Metamorphosis transforms this spell into Touch of Chaos: Touch of Chaos Unleashes energy at the enemy, causing [ 1 + 69.03% 40% of Spell Power ] Chaos damage and extending the duration of Corruption.
Talents
  • Demonbolt Launch of ball of demonic energy at the target, dealing [ 1 + 250% 150% of Spell Power ] Chaos damage. Each Demonbolt amplifies further Demonbolts, increasing damage by 20% and cost by 100% for 60 sec (reduced by Haste), stacking up to 10 times. Requires Metamorphosis. Warlock - LvL 0 Talent. 80 Demonic Fury. 40 yd range. 2 sec cast.
Affliction
  • Haunt A ghostly soul haunts the target, dealing [ 1 + 375% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage and increasing damage over time you deal to the target by 35% 30%for 8 sec. Warlock - Affliction Spec. 1 Soul Shard. 40 yd range. 1.5 sec cast.
Demonology
  • Hand of Gul'dan (Affliction, Destruction) Strikes the target and all enemies within 6 yards for [ 86% [ 68.8% of Spell Power ] instant Shadowflame damage and an additional [ 22.5% [ 18% of Spell Power ] Shadowflame damage and 12 Demonic Fury over 6 sec.
  • Hand of Gul'dan (Demonology) Strikes the target and all enemies within 6 yards for [ 86% [ 68.8% of Spell Power ] instant Shadowflame damage and an additional [ 22.5% [ 18% of Spell Power ] Shadowflame damage and 12 Demonic Fury over 6 sec. Metamorphosis transforms this spell into Chaos Wave: Chaos Wave Hurls a wave of chaos to strike the target and all enemies within 6 yards, dealing [ 131.28% [ 105% of Spell Power ] Chaos damage and reducing movement speed by 50% for 6 sec.
  • Soul Fire (Affliction, Destruction) Burn the enemy's soul, causing [ 1 + 42.5% 34% of Spell Power ] Fire damage.
  • Soul Fire (Demonology) Burn the enemy's soul, causing [ 1 + 42.5% 34% of Spell Power ] Fire damage and generating 30 Demonic Fury.

Soooo... wait... am I reading this wrong, or are they giving shadow bolt back to aff and destro warlocks?? And threw in a free HoG?? wat?

Soooo... wait... am I reading this wrong, or are they giving shadow bolt back to aff and destro warlocks?? And threw in a free HoG?? wat?

nah that's just how datamining looks, nothing new has been added

Edited by juribe

Everyone has Shadow Bolt initially.  For Aff, it becomes Malefic Grasp.  For Dest, it becomes Incinerate.  It just datamines all inclusive.

nah that's just how datamining looks, nothing new has been added

Everyone has Shadow Bolt initially.  For Aff, it becomes Malefic Grasp.  For Dest, it becomes Incinerate.  It just datamines all inclusive.

Alright. Cool. IK shadowbolt "became" whatever, but I didn't realize it was just the way datamined stuff showed up. So, base nerf to filler spells in general then? That sounds.... warrented.

The only thing that worries me are these DMG passes before they address core bugs like AFK Imps that have a significant impact on the specs dmg potential.

AFK Imps won't go live.  If it does, I'll legitimately consider unsubbing and retiring from WoW because it'll show a complete lack of pushing a quality product out.  It also would show they completely ignore the voices they say they want to hear.

AFK Imps won't go live.  If it does, I'll legitimately consider unsubbing and retiring from WoW because it'll show a complete lack of pushing a quality product out.  It also would show they completely ignore the voices they say they want to hear.

Pets are still doing 50% more damage than before for no reason. You'd think they might commenting such a thing before nerfing demo into the ground.

Pets are still doing 50% more damage than before for no reason. You'd think they might commenting such a thing before nerfing demo into the ground.

I doubt they'd comment that they're actually wrong or made a mistake.  They must have a cast sequence macro...

/ignore

/ignore

/ignore

/nerf

/shittybuff

/launch

It's depressing that they give us the beta and then ignore our words of wisdom.  No admission that they're working on issues or anything - just sweeping nerfs to counter the effects so they can buff it later.  Puts dents in time we can spend analyzing DPS to give valuable contributions.

I'm going to be upset going from 1st-2nd dps to like 20-23rd....literally, what the fuck. I guess someone said, "well in mop locks were good at raid utility and dps, do in wod we figured they'd be good at neither." Seriously? Mages are still top and they've got the fucking raid heal thing. But our cookies have to give a set amount instead of a percent, only one per fight AND share a cd with potions. Bro. Come on bro.

The impression is going to be-"see, I told you you actually sucked and were only doing good dps because locks are op, and now that things are balanced you suck" when it's because the spec is shit in a hat on fire.

And down in Azeroth, some who's say, warlocks took an unlubed nerf bat to the anus, which as a result grew three sizes that day.

Edited by Alphric