FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

WOD BETA DISCUSSION w/SCREENSHOTS

Having problems loading logs into WoL so I'm loading into Excel and analyzing.  Will build some reports and show what's up.

Hey, Zagam. Thanks for all you do. There's like 5 or 6 of you guys that get shit done, and your lowly minions appreciate the shit out of it. Lead on Zagam. All hail the Arch Fiend Zagam!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should start a warlock coven with a hierarchy. Dat be cool. But seriously Brucifer, thanks to all you guys that do this hardcore testing and logging. You guys really give me a sense of pride and belonging to the warlock community if nothing more than to just be a part of the conversations where shit goes down. Great mentoring all that shit. Demon shit. Warlocks. yes. (im tired)

• Like 1

Giving back to the community is what I live and die for.  Putting text files into Excel, putting filters to find my Chaos Bolts, and trying to build DPS meters is tough since WCL isn't recognizing it. 

Just a fun fact - copying my 588 Warlock over, max Chaos Bolt was 97,544.  Looks like the new push for will be 100,000 haha

I'll be testing stuff all night and tomorrow (still sick with the flu).  Will be taking my guild into SoO normals 10 man tomorrow to see how shit feels.

• Like 1

Ok, some VERY rough damage calculations (literally loaded my damn log into Excel and pulled the damage numbers) shows my 5 minute Destruction parse coming out at 12834 DPS.  Don't take this for anything more than literally some sick dude putting a log into Excel and extracting information out of it.

Just expect this shit to come piece wise.  I'm pulling shit into Excel like a boss.

5:00 min test DESTRUCTION SPEC with GRIMOIRE OF SACRIFICE AND ARCHIMODE'S DARKNESS

Total damage done = 3,850,427

Total DPS = 12,835

Chaos Bolt max = 94,847

Chaos Bolt avg = 52,244

Incinerate max = 23,520

Incinerate avg = 8,908

Immolate max = 4,327

Immolate avg = 2,434

Immolate tick max = 6,339

Immolate tick avg = 2,689

Doing 5:00 logs of Aff and Demo.

DISCLAIMER: THIS COULD ALL BE WRONG AND AWFUL AND BAD DATA.  THIS IS PURELY ONE TEST THAT COULD BE SKEWED BY RNG OR ME NOT HAVING ADDONS/WEAKAURAS.  IF I CATCH ANYONE RUNNING OFF GOING "ZAG SAID THIS" USING THIS DATA, I WILL FIND YOU.

• Like 1

When I mention using Infernal/Abyssal for AOE I was talking about trash, for bosses I kept Terrorguard. Cata look nice but its a 1min cd and I can see it only useful for fights like Sha of Pride, where you can get mass embers. 

Still early I cool with talent being worthless for raiding if it must but it would be shame if they dropped the ball on such a talent.

Destruction 4pc proc name = Chaotic Infusion.  It is AMAZING.

Destruction 2pc proc is ???.  It works, just can't find the name of it.

Demonology 2pc makes weaving Shadowflame super easy.  High uptime. 

Demonology 4pc spawns a "pet" or "guardian" that shoots a modified version of Soul Fire that does NOT generate Soul Fire.

Affliction 2pc ups Nightfall chance by 5% if you keep your DoTs up (play properly).

Affliction 4pc drops Dark Soul cd by 10 seconds when Nightfall procs.

The synergy of these procs with AD and the Dark Soul glyph makes Dark Soul have a very high uptime.

I hope start test beta today, cause i don't know how elemental shaman is. Many changes over time, so confusion just reading posts. Hopefully is getting good at least balanced with the others classes.

Wow Demo sounds cool, has Demo rotation changed much with WoD or do you still kinda play it like you do now?

Not even close.  ToC is awful (hits for half of Shadow Bolt) but Demonbolt hits like Chaos Bolt.  Right now, they overbuffed Demonbolt by a mile, so it's mandatory for Demonology.  Therefore, the rotation has to change to include it.

Not even close.  ToC is awful (hits for half of Shadow Bolt) but Demonbolt hits like Chaos Bolt.  Right now, they overbuffed Demonbolt by a mile, so it's mandatory for Demonology.  Therefore, the rotation has to change to include it.

I am all for Demo having a Chaos Bolt hard nuke, How is it possible ToC does less damage they the same spell, just goes from casting to being instant in demo. WoW hope blizzard fixes that.

I guess when they buffed shadowbolt in the recent thing they didnt buff ToC. Which makes it less viable than soulfire and more of an on the move deal. So ToC is like fel flame, soul fire is like incinerate and demonbolt is like chaos bolt? hand of guldan sorta like conflagrate maybe? then dots =dots

They did it because previously ToC was better than Soul Fire which shouldn't happen. After tweaking the numbers, SF is now better than ToC.

These buffs were mainly done to get the spells in the right places damage wise in relation to each other. Expect many more tuning passes for Demonology over the coming weeks.

Also, I hate the new 2pc.

They did it because previously ToC was better than Soul Fire which shouldn't happen. After tweaking the numbers, SF is now better than ToC.

These buffs were mainly done to get the spells in the right places damage wise in relation to each other. Expect many more tuning passes for Demonology over the coming weeks.

Also, I hate the new 2pc.

SO MUCH HoG UPTIME.  I didn't know what to do with myself.

No. You use it with cooldowns/procs. Conveniently this aligns with the Glyph of Dark Soul damn near perfectly. Regardless, pooling Fury as Demonology or Embers as Destruction is not a new thing.

I know you browse MMO-C too cuz I saw your racial testing thing, so go check out the tables people have posted regarding the maths. It comes down to 2x Demonbolt > Soul Fire. After the second cast it becomes more efficient to Soul Fire, UNLESS you require more burst, at which point you would continue to Demonbolt.

Pool is not new, but before you pooled 800-1000 DF for everything, this new spell added something extra. I have not done Demo in years, hope in WoD to get back to my roots. I love destro, but also love Demo more. 

Big Purple Demon nuff said lol.

Racial test was just for CB - if I picked the play style of using Charred Remains + GoSac that means 80%+ is from CB so test was just to see which race was strongest for that. Dwarf of course wins.

Also I do follow the post but nothing new has been posted since my last post, and nothing new since new build just made Demonbolt stronger. Unless I just missed a post.

You don't have time to pool 1000 DF in 50 seconds of caster form (outside of Dark Soul) so there's no way.  Plus the 40 second duration isn't likely to be considered a buff - there's a reason it's under the debuffs.  You won't be able to afford it if you get it to a 4+ stack.  This is for ending a fight, killing a high priority target, or burning off your fury hard.

You don't have time to pool 1000 DF in 50 seconds of caster form (outside of Dark Soul) so there's no way.  Plus the 40 second duration isn't likely to be considered a buff - there's a reason it's under the debuffs.  You won't be able to afford it if you get it to a 4+ stack.  This is for ending a fight, killing a high priority target, or burning off your fury hard.

So that clear it up, DS glyph will be required. Line up nice with Eng 1min, and if you take AD that what every 30sec you can DS?

So that clear it up, DS glyph will be required. Line up nice with Eng 1min, and if you take AD that what every 30sec you can DS?

Numbers and builds still being done, we have no idea what will be "required"