Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daemon9

Need Help With DW Frost Rotation (Masterfrost)

5 posts in this topic

Using dual heroic Hand of Morchoks, I have a 406 ilvl yet only pulling about 30k dps on the level 85 training dummy. Does this sound right? Well, it doesn't look right when my 2h Frost and Unholy numbers are higher using a 397 2h.

I've been using SpellFlash with Bitten's DK module which seems to nail the Masterfrost rotation down perfectly, yet I manage to only pull 30k. Without it, I can still only manage 30k. I hear other dw Frost dk's pulling 38-40k+ in similar gear and all I can think is "wtf".

Any help would be appreciated.

Would it be possible to link some logs? We can help you a lot more if you give us a bit more info that "my dps is low" :)

Sorry...not sure how to link logs. Could you tell me how to go about doing that?

1 person likes this

Could you link your armory? With your name/realm we can see if you have any recent logs. If you don't then you can go to worldoflogs.com and start a guild (doesn't have to actually be a guild in game. I can be just "My log guild" or something. Once you have that done, download the client. set it up with your world of logs info, and use it to live log (easiest way) while you go through LFR. Once you have done that, link to your guild here.

Edited by Reniat

change your stats while DW frosting, make urself about a 44% haste softcap, mastery takes over as better stat from there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bricktor
      So I've been playing around with SimC and every sim with Horn of Winter yields better DPS than Freezing Fog, between 9k and 11k more dps. What do you guys think? Is HoW better than FF without the legendary helm? Should FF be taken regardless? 

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Bricktor/simple 
    • By Kumunyo
      So here I am, consulting Icy Veins forums. I am a Frost Death Knight, with an iLevel of 885 that is REALLY struggling with my dps. I'm running a BoS build because it was recommended to my by other Frost Dks. I have done a ton of research about this issue to no avail and I really need some professional help. 
      Here's my armory and my charts for my last Heroic Nighthold with my guild
      Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dalaran/Kumunyo/simple
      Dps Charts: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/21405978/latest#
      Note: I do see that my Haste is incredibly high, I'm currently working to get the 4-piece tier gear.
    • By Madshot789
      <Disturbed> - Zul'jin - 3 nights/week - Semi-Hardcore Progression: Mythic (7/7) (2/3) (5/10)   Raid Schedule: Wednesday - 8:00 PM EST - 11:00 PM EST Thursday - 8:00 PM EST - 11:00 PM EST Monday - 8:00 PM EST - 11:00 PM EST Holidays will be rescheduled.    Current Recruitment Needs: • Tank • Shadow • Hunter • Ret Paladin • Frost DK All classes will be considered.   Server Information: Zul'jin (PvE) Ruin Battlegroup Chicago Datacenter Eastern Realm Time   In-game contacts: Madness (Madness#12309) Applejuice (Apple#11916) Srslynohax (Jake#11149)
    • By p1xel8ted
      Hey guys, I have all 6 tier items (heroic, some WF). My hands are 895, but got a 905 item from mythic chrono.
      Using
      ( Pawn: v1: "Blood": Class=DeathKnight, Spec=Blood, CritRating=4.57, HasteRating=7.57, MasteryRating=3.07, Versatility=6.07, Strength=9.07, Stamina=12.07 )
      (Bad I know, got the numbers from Noxxic, but just swapped mastery and crit around. Matches the balanced priority, been working for me so far lol). Not a bleeding edge raider.
      Current setup

Proposed setup

Did multiple AMR sims with both setups, and averaged it, and each time 4pc comes out a little ahead. Using Krosus as setup. 

I'm thinking it;s the versatility on the tier hands that is making the difference, not so much the 25% chance at a rune?
      Thoughts, opinions, Thanks!