FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Curse of Naxxramas Class Challenges

This thread is for comments about our Class Challenge guides for the Curse of Naxxramas.

Guest Zarast38

I couldn't help but to notice the Paladin's deck is outdated. The new deck seems to be lacking in "side abilities". What I mean is besides buff and revival secrets, the deck has no tricks up his sleeves (the omission of the Ironbeak Owl and Knife Juggler comes to mind). I think it is way more difficult now.

Also, the key to victory is to optimize the Echoing Ooze + Blessing of Kings to pop 5/6 creatures. Is it possible to update the walkthrough with the new deck?

Guest Cas

I couldn't help but to notice the Paladin's deck is outdated. The new deck seems to be lacking in "side abilities". What I mean is besides buff and revival secrets, the deck has no tricks up his sleeves (the omission of the Ironbeak Owl and Knife Juggler comes to mind). I think it is way more difficult now.

Also, the key to victory is to optimize the Echoing Ooze + Blessing of Kings to pop 5/6 creatures. Is it possible to update the walkthrough with the new deck?

Outdated is a serious understatement. It's completely wrong now. There are weapons now, at least 4 blessing of kings cards (that I've counted) and I have yet to see any legendary cards at all. This thread is currently worthless, as is the video showed.

Guest Gidaeon

I can't win this either and the deck list is completely wrong.

The problem is the deck that exists in the game now is too slow to deal with the Phase 1 onslaught and not strong enough to push into the late game after phase 2.

Outside of Defender of Argus (which is still in the deck), there are 0 taunts. So KT gets to take free shot the entire game. That's the real problem.

Sorry guys, the Naxxramas guides were done by the previous author so I don't have any control over them, right now i'm focused on the BrM content, but once that's out of the way, I will go back and take a look at the Naxx content and get it all nicely updated.

Guest Nashtbg

I confirm. Totally outdated. The new fight is very hard!!

Guest EdgeKrusher187

This challenge was superbly easy. Just completed it on my first run today.

Guest StefanoTX

my specific setup for this fight was: turn 1: avenge. turn 2: heroic power. turn 3: 3 attack creature. KT kills minion. a creature gets pumped. turn 4: blessing of kings. You get the idea... Got it in 2nd try using this setup.

I would like to know what program do you use to record what's being done on the screen of the computer

Guest Yaghisa

my specific setup for this fight was: turn 1: avenge. turn 2: heroic power. turn 3: 3 attack creature. KT kills minion. a creature gets pumped. turn 4: blessing of kings. You get the idea... Got it in 2nd try using this setup.

I would like to know what program do you use to record what's being done on the screen of the computer

Avenge only triggers on opponent turn. And KT is not fond of attacking minions. After 20 defeats or so I can only conclude thats this fight is pure luck and no skill. I play pala as my main char. Every other class challenge in Naxx and BrM I've finished in 1 or 2 tries.

This one is just broken...Wonder why they changed the paladeck for this fight only to make it more crap.

The fight would be more doable if they changed the mechanic when his shield is gone. Now it ends ur turn, spawns 2 3/3 taunts, a Freeze and often a 4/5-ish minion followed by 1 or 2 sludge belchers the next turn.

Its (near) impossible.

full stop

Guest GLenn

I tried this like 20 times, I finally figure it out. . . Need a little RNG but it's do-able. 

Hard Muligan until you have Blessing of Kings, or the weapon UP. 

Once you have one of those don't use them until you have an Ooze in your hand. Once you have an Ooze give it Blessing when you drop it, or allow the weapon upgrade to automatically buff your minion. . . 

DO NOT SPAWN HERO POWER MINIONS when you have your weapon upgrade, because they will simply get frost bolt to the face and die. . . wasting your upgrades. . . try to save them for when you spawn oozes because if they take the crappy frost or shadow bolts to the face . . . you get another upgraded minion. . . Extremely OP if you wait till T6 where you can BoK on initial drop of ooze. 

Should look something like this. . . 

T1. Avenge if you have it (Will apply to Freshly Spawned Ooze if the original dies) (DO NOT SPAWN HERO POWER). 

T2. If you were unlucky and did not start with Avenge, go ahead and spawn your Hero Power other wise, go ahead and spawn your ooze. If you have no ooze. . . End turn.  ONLY SPAWN HERO POWER if you didn't have Avenge. 

T3. If you got the Weapon UP Use it. . . . 

T4. If you had either the Weapon UP or Avenge. (Drop Ooze) . . . If you have Blessing of Kings (DO NOT USE ON HERO POWER MINION) . . . If your Ooze didn't die from T2, go ahead and give him Blessing of Kings. . . If ooze died and only the 2nd ooze that spawned is there do not waste your Blessing of Kings or WIsdom on this Ooze.  

Note 1: GIve your Blessing of Wisdom to Fresh Oozes to get more cards to do this rotation. Oozes that die will spawn with your Blessing of Wisdom to allow you to get sufficient resources. 

Note 2: Rule of thumb just make sure buffs are used strictly on Fresh Ooze do not use them on your hero power. 

Guest don porter

I can't win this either and the deck list is completely wrong.

The problem is the deck that exists in the game now is too slow to deal with the Phase 1 onslaught and not strong enough to push into the late game after phase 2.

Outside of Defender of Argus (which is still in the deck), there are 0 taunts. So KT gets to take free shot the entire game. That's the real problem.

Guest OtherBarry

I was surprised to see this video from youtube had been stamped with the Icy-Veins logo, when there had not been a video on the guide at the site.

You should think about including it for anyone else who needs help with this fight. That video explains the fight very well.

Guest mythril

This challenge took me forever, however rng jesus and the hero power saved my life before the last turn. gg kel'thazud rip

I was surprised to see this video from youtube had been stamped with the Icy-Veins logo, when there had not been a video on the guide at the site.

That video is outdated, as the deck you have to use in this challenge has been changed.

As it stands now the challenge is frustratingly RNG-based. You have much less leeway in trying to stall to stabilize the board, but at the same time you have less offense for the second phase so that becomes even more important. The Shades, Sludge Belcher, and freezes can all put you far enough behind that you're unlikely to win. It's beatable, just too many things can go wrong and there isn't enough options to recover.