FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Kargath Bladefist

As a general comment, and this isn’t at all the fault of the guide, the item table for the Kargath Bladefist encounter in Highmaul is currently shared with that of the Gruul encounter in Blackrock Foundry. This won’t be the case when the raid is Live.

Edit: Whoops. This appears to have already been noted in the guide at the top of loot tables. Apologies!

Edited by Ujarnlek

Guest Ohcin

Lovely guide! Obviously I'll have to see some videos of the mechanics etc. in order to fully understand the fight, but very good and detailed guide smile.png ! +1, Thumbs up, etc.

Guest Sorrylag

For this fight, Me and my guild tanked him next to the fire pillars placing all the healer and ranged dps on the other side of the pillar. it works very well just be aware of the timers on the pillars so they dont despawn before he casts his charge. Didnt have to kite as much and increased dps by about 5-10%. 

(FP)

(G)  (FP) (B) (T)

FP= Fire pillar

G= Dps and healers

B= Boss

T= Tanks

Guest Fyrian

One update to the chain pull. It always pulls exactly the closed 5 raid members. It will not automatically pull one tank regardless of distance. It can also pull two tanks if they are both in the closest 5.

We found the best place to tank him was on the opposite side of the arena from where he spawns, between the fire pillar and the wall. With the raid spread loosely in the center of the room this caused him to walk immediately into the closest fire for most Blade Rushes.

One update to the chain pull. It always pulls exactly the closed 5 raid members. It will not automatically pull one tank regardless of distance. It can also pull two tanks if they are both in the closest 5.

We found the best place to tank him was on the opposite side of the arena from where he spawns, between the fire pillar and the wall. With the raid spread loosely in the center of the room this caused him to walk immediately into the closest fire for most Blade Rushes.

Thanks. Updating this now.

Guest neganur

Could you clarify this sentence:

• Perform a tank switch for every other wow_icon_ability_rogue_hungerforblood.jp Impale cast. Make sure to have an active defensive cooldown for each Impale you go through.

Do you mean that one tank takes two consecutive impales before handing over to his co-tank? The pug I was in quoted your guide as reference to why tanks had to take two impales, which lead to confusion.

I found on both heroic and normal that the second (and following) impale comes just before the open wounds debuff would drop, meaning there has to be a tank switch after every impale (i.e. at the latest just before the next impale comes), not "every other".

I found it much more smooth to have tanks switch after each impale, meaning the tank that starts tanking will remain in the arena for the whole duration of the encounter, and the second tank will always go up in the stands.

It is also worth mentioning, that once in the stands, the tank does not need to rush down to taunt right after the impale but rather before the next impale comes. This way there is enough time to kill most of the adds in the stands.

Could you clarify this sentence:

• Perform a tank switch for every other wow_icon_ability_rogue_hungerforblood.jp Impale cast. Make sure to have an active defensive cooldown for each Impale you go through.

Do you mean that one tank takes two consecutive impales before handing over to his co-tank? The pug I was in quoted your guide as reference to why tanks had to take two impales, which lead to confusion.

I found on both heroic and normal that the second (and following) impale comes just before the open wounds debuff would drop, meaning there has to be a tank switch after every impale (i.e. at the latest just before the next impale comes), not "every other".

I found it much more smooth to have tanks switch after each impale, meaning the tank that starts tanking will remain in the arena for the whole duration of the encounter, and the second tank will always go up in the stands.

It is also worth mentioning, that once in the stands, the tank does not need to rush down to taunt right after the impale but rather before the next impale comes. This way there is enough time to kill most of the adds in the stands.

Switching every other Impale is indeed what the implication was, but I'm amending the guide now to suggest before a tank takes two Impales. Thank you for your suggestion.

A Hunter PoV video:

Unfortunately, I barely was targeted by fight mechanics on this kill, so not a great demonstration.