FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

6.1 Demonology Guide

Not too sure to be honest, I know at the start they were useless, but I think they were more or less working the last time I checked, which admittedly was well over a month ago now.

Regardless, in entry level gear of around 630 blues Fury isn't exactly plentiful, but I think once we're comfortably into Mythic Highmaul it should ease up a bit. Similarly, gaining the 4 set (they've been switched) for the additional HoG's is very nice, but we won't have that until January / February at the earliest.

Yep, confirmed to be based on calculations.  Tooltips are still wonky - hope to see a tooltip update soon.

I'm a sucker for gear lists. Especially coming into a new expansion.

I love forming a kinda personal BIS list for various gearing gates. So dungeons, then heroic dungeons, then raiding. 

Has anyone created any BIS or gear lists going into WOD? I'd like to have a look at maybe what other people are doing. Havn't made mine yet, planned to do it this week. Considering the time before raids open, I'm hoping to have an optimal heroic dungeon set of gear on me going into raids smile.png

AskMrRobot enabled their WOD preview. I'm a big fan of AMR, was involved in alpha and beta and while it always has some issues during a new expansion, it usually ends up being very reliable. At the moment though it has haste priorities on everything, so not exactly confident of the gear lists its throwing up :) 

I'm hoping to be 100 by Thursday evening, then spending Friday and the weekend gearing like crazy 

Edited by Furyio

I have my BiS list set up for pre raid including what 3 items I will be crafting and upgrading. I have about 150k saved up so it should be no issue for me to get everything set up before raid. I have the list at home, I can post it when I get there. I will be raiding as demo unless the other specs are just clearly ahead come mythic being released. 

My boy Berlinia (Mage moderator) has a comprehensive Excel spreadsheet he put together showing all pieces of gear.  It has Mage stat weights on it, so you can ignore that.  I'll see if I can get him to post it. 

My boy Berlinia (Mage moderator) has a comprehensive Excel spreadsheet he put together showing all pieces of gear.  It has Mage stat weights on it, so you can ignore that.  I'll see if I can get him to post it. 

That would be cool.

i'm definitely looking to burn some time in work ahead of the launch :) 

I have my BiS list set up for pre raid including what 3 items I will be crafting and upgrading. I have about 150k saved up so it should be no issue for me to get everything set up before raid. I have the list at home, I can post it when I get there. I will be raiding as demo unless the other specs are just clearly ahead come mythic being released. 

Really havn't kept on top of proffesions and what they will be providing in WOD. Assume like MOP there will be crafted gear that will be the business through the tiers? 

Have decent money myself, and tailoring on my warlock which obviously helps :) 

Really havn't kept on top of proffesions and what they will be providing in WOD. Assume like MOP there will be crafted gear that will be the business through the tiers? 

Have decent money myself, and tailoring on my warlock which obviously helps smile.png

There will be much more in terms of crafted gear, however you can only have 3 pieces equipped that are considered "draenor crafted." They start off at ilvl 640 (630 for the weapons) and can be upgraded twice by items from the profs up to ilvl 665 (655 for weapons). So they will be pretty good for preraid and decent for filling holes in gear later if you have the cash flow for it. They all also can have their stats rerolled with another item from the prof that creates them so that you can get the optimal stats for your class/spec.

Edited by Adrammalech

For understanding the gearing in WoD, this table has proven endlessly useful to me and my guild. Full credit to papajohn4 on MMO-Champion. 

UhSt3Ww.png

Edited by Copperbad
  • Like 1

Yeah looks solid.  Most high end raiders will be set on getting their daily CM piece.  Crafted to fill in and upgrading if you can bear the grind.

From what I have seen that inscription staff is the best pre-raid weapon.   I know for myself I would not switch for that, since that is something that will be replaced fairly quickly.   Nice perk though, instant decent weapon.

As far as gearing, what is bumming me out is the int swords do not have mastery like the wand and staff do.   I may try to go for sword anyway since I like my sword transmogs better for my different transmog outfits, especially since I have finally learned how to play somewhat, and really see how little difference gear makes.   At least as far as equal ilvl weapons with different secondaries goes. :)

Was looking at the gear lists for WoD and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of gear with both mastery and multistrike, which I believe is simming as our best stats in WoD pre-raid and starting raid.

But the Fel Flame dungeon set, looks to have a nice amount of multistrike and mastery as totals from the entire set. 

Has there been any change from the initial multistrike and mastery priorities. In some quarters the statement is multistrike = Mastery > Int.

Thats mental, that int would be a third prio stat. Although I spose all the cloth gear I'd be getting will have int, and then it's trying to min/max the random secondary values. 

Worrying about secondary stats scaling better than Intellect is no longer a concern because gemming is a tertiary bonus with gem sockets coming far and few between.  In WoD, you will ALWAYS want higher item level gear.  This is also true for trinkets - there is no longer a situation where a lower item level trinket is better than a higher item level trinket.  They did an exceptional job at balancing secondary stats for us.  You don't want to think about stats as just a DPS gain but how they interact.  Destruction loves Crit because critting gives more Embers and boosts Chaos Bolt.  Crit for Affliction, however, does nothing but double a spell's damage. 

If you have to decide between a piece of gear like Haste/Crit vs Haste/Multistrike, the values are going to be VERY close.  You can pick one if you want, but the overall change is going to be very, very small.  Everyone is going to focus on gear early on, but I implore you all to focus on gameplay.  Plan your positions, save your spells you can cast while moving without capping charges, and always be doing damage in some form.

• Like 1

Worrying about secondary stats scaling better than Intellect is no longer a concern because gemming is a tertiary bonus with gem sockets coming far and few between.  In WoD, you will ALWAYS want higher item level gear.  This is also true for trinkets - there is no longer a situation where a lower item level trinket is better than a higher item level trinket.  They did an exceptional job at balancing secondary stats for us.  You don't want to think about stats as just a DPS gain but how they interact.  Destruction loves Crit because critting gives more Embers and boosts Chaos Bolt.  Crit for Affliction, however, does nothing but double a spell's damage. 

If you have to decide between a piece of gear like Haste/Crit vs Haste/Multistrike, the values are going to be VERY close.  You can pick one if you want, but the overall change is going to be very, very small.  Everyone is going to focus on gear early on, but I implore you all to focus on gameplay.  Plan your positions, save your spells you can cast while moving without capping charges, and always be doing damage in some form.

That's a fair point, I havn't been tracking the simming that much as I don't really like getting mad into it during beta or initial release as so much can change. 

I'm comfortable enough with my playstyle and how the class works. I'm running a Warlock since WOTLK so I'm not a Destro FOTM blow in :) Granted my play could of course improve,  I feel I manage my movement and being optimum with my play. 

Interesting that you say stats are so close like that. I would normally be a stickler for making a checklist of gear each new expansion or tier, and relentlessly go after each piece. Focusing on just ilvl and ensuring I have ilvl appropriate gear will make the process that bit quicker. 

The Fel Flame dungeon set does look to have a nice balance accross the main stats though, so if I want to get picky might focus in on that set :) 

Everything I've evaluated has shown ilvl trumps all other decisions.  This usually only has exceptions with trinkets, but for this round, not so much.  I'm curious to see how tertiary stats come in.  There may be a Mythic mechanic where someone has to kite and maybe movement speed as a tertiary stat makes that person the dude to kite even if it's a DPS loss.  I look at everything from a raid leading point of view - having someone knock out a mechanic is more valuable to me than someone who does 99%ile DPS and that's it. 

We have 4 hunters and we plan to abuse them for picking the easy mode class. Again. 

Also, it seems that none of the gear from Highmaul will be BiS. It's pretty poorly itemised and the ilvl gain from foundry trumps it. For this reason I'm not going to get too hung up on Highmaul drops.

Highmaul drops will only be prioritized to get BRF drops. 

I've already told both of my Hunters that they're getting the shit jobs on every single fight.  Mostly because they're dependable, but also because they GREATLY care about their actual numbers when it's usually meaningless since we crushed the enrage timer.

Highmaul drops will only be prioritized to get BRF drops. 

I've already told both of my Hunters that they're getting the shit jobs on every single fight.  Mostly because they're dependable, but also because they GREATLY care about their actual numbers when it's usually meaningless since we crushed the enrage timer.

I'd say they are also careful about their numbers because Hunters have been largely trash throughout beta and the hunter community showing real concerns that for raids where there might not be the flexability in the roster, hunters will get dropped. 

Does anyone here using Bartender have problems saving Demonbolt to their bars when they hit 100?

I change into Meta, save the spell yo mt bar, but it sticks when i get out of emta, overriding the spell i normally have there 

Question: do we want to manually refresh corruption now or keep prolonging and refreshing with touch of chaos? Because doing just that, it feels like it take to much fury. I always feels starved (which is normal I guess)

Also about the damage output, do you guys think the nerfs will be reverted? I really doubt they will.