FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

6.1 Demonology Guide

The opener you say here that incorperates demonbolt.

Can we still use the rest of it and at that point just play the rng game as normal about MC procs? or is there a better setup. 

Can I ask how exactly you use soulfire with molten core stacks?

When you get to say 4, do you blow soulfire 4 times, or do you try keep it at a certain set of stacks? 

If you have no procs, don't use it unless you're above, like, 7 or so. If you get a proc, dumping time.

This guide is more for WOD then it is for current 6.0.2

Can you guys write guide for current 6.0.2. Rotations for opening/building/nuke phases would be perfect!

thanks in advance!

Edited by Mode

Hi guys, did 12/14 last night (bosses are more trash than trash right now), all in demo spec to learn it (never played before).

Am I the only demo user that goes out of mana at least 1 o 2 times per fight, or it's a normal thing?

Hi guys, did 12/14 last night (bosses are more trash than trash right now), all in demo spec to learn it (never played before).

Am I the only demo user that goes out of mana at least 1 o 2 times per fight, or it's a normal thing?

Well I had my first demo run last night in MOP.Manager did seem to burn faster. Are you using lifetap pro actively to keep yourself filled up ?

Well I had my first demo run last night in MOP.Manager did seem to burn faster. Are you using lifetap pro actively to keep yourself filled up ?

I use it when i'm near to finish the mana, but I hate lose a GCD for it (in destro obv never had mana problems dry.png). There are different and more correct ways to use it?

I know i'm sorry! Lol I died on freaking malk and IJ. Malk cause i derped for the first time ever and died to breath, and died to siege mode on IJ. Oh and i'm Camii. Yes bynes did take a stack to help kill the shredder since we needed it. We actually wiped on him 3 times i think. People not having dbm/WA for the saw blade and lasers was pretty fun >_>

Yeah, UI issues were fun first week.  Our Tuesday night raid was sloppy.  Wednesday, we were crisp.  We went with a burn method on SC last night and nuked him in 2:03 - we didn't even see the 3rd wave.  Kill mines twice and you don't have anything other than 3 Empowered Missiles to distract your DPS.

I think I only used MF on immer. Thought about it on some other fights but just stuck with AD the whole time. Things blew up so fast.

Yeah, if you're hitting 50 things, it's nice.  The sad part is that HoG and CW still trump it because their damage didn't appear to DR on any number of targets.

I was finding last night Immo Aura just doesn't seem that strong, even with MF.

Nit sure if I'll use it in anywhere near as many fights next week.

QFT.  Shit was tickling on AoE for like 900 per, maybe 1.8k per with Dark Soul up.  No bueno.  Sucks up too much DF to be worth it.

That's interesting, though truth be told I won't be doing my first Mythic raid til Saturday.

I wasn't aware of it getting nerfed directly, though I suppose single target spells got brought up a notch as did Shadowflame, so we'll see.

Be prepared to see Hand of Gul'dan for both the cast and the DoT.  Blizz didn't put Shadowflame in as a DoT.  Also, if you're used to depending on HoG to do a snare/slow, don't.  It requires a glyph to do so.  Chaos Wave, however, still applies a slow. 

Hand of Gul'dan and Chaos Wave are strong - average initial hit of HoG for me last night looking at some logs was 10k - Chaos Wave 40k.  Average ticks we were seeing from Immo with Manno's was like 1k.

Edit: Here's Nazgrim log from last night: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zQNaMJGqy9pZjd3K#fight=20&type=damage-done&source=11

Average non-crit was 1.3k for Immo. I did did less than 5% of my total damage with it in the opening. Pre-6.0, I'd get anywhere from 10-20% of my DPS in those first couple seconds out of it.

Hacker.

Can I ask how exactly you use soulfire with molten core stacks?

When you get to say 4, do you blow soulfire 4 times, or do you try keep it at a certain set of stacks? 

Personally, I use Soul Fire to generate Demonic Fury and dump it with Touch of Chaos.  My two guildie Warlocks use Soul Fire in Meta with procs.  Either way is fine.  It's pretty much preference.  I think using Soul Fire with big procs will be a slight gain, but mobility is an INCREDIBLE asset - also 4pc proc Chaos Waves are LEGIT.

Zag, thanks so much to you and the icy veins crew. You do great work! I'm so excited to finally give Demo a try. 

Ain't no thang.  We do it for you guys. 

The opener you say here that incorperates demonbolt.

Can we still use the rest of it and at that point just play the rng game as normal about MC procs? or is there a better setup. 

Yup.  The guide was intended to be valid at 6.0.2 with a few tweaks in the glyph section.  That's where I did most of my Demo testing.  Didn't bother with level 90 because of non-balancing issues at 90.  Just take out Demonbolt and spend your fury on Soul Fire or Touch of Chaos - that simple.

If you have no procs, don't use it unless you're above, like, 7 or so. If you get a proc, dumping time.

This is Kaz's way of playing.  It's not wrong.  I just like using mine to up my Metamorphosis uptime.

This guide is more for WOD then it is for current 6.0.2

Can you guys write guide for current 6.0.2. Rotations for opening/building/nuke phases would be perfect!

thanks in advance!

It is current.  You just don't use Demonbolt.  Not much else to say.  The opener and nukes are pretty self-explanatory.  If you don't have Demonbolt to dump, use the other two spenders.  As you can see, it doesn't matter which one you use - both are valid.  Writing an entire guide for 4 weeks is sillypants. 

Let me guess - you're a Destruction Warlock and have been all of MoP and didn't play a Warlock before MoP.  There's this spell called Life Tap that all Warlocks had to use back in the day.  Destruction made it so most Warlocks forgot about this spell.  When they go back to Demonology, they go OOM because they forget to Life Tap.  Use Life Tap when you have to move, don't have a proc, and are sub 50% mana.

Manager did seem to burn faster?  What's this mean?  Use Life Tap to fuel your offensive capabilities.  You don't need to end a fight with 100% mana. 

I use it when i'm near to finish the mana, but I hate lose a GCD for it (in destro obv never had mana problems dry.png). There are different and more correct ways to use it?

End a fight with as little mana as possible and that means you didn't waste a GCD on Life Tap. 

• Like 1

Auto correct on phone. That should have said mana.

And I'm aware of the ability...was pointing it out to other poster and that the extra mana loss was not unusual :)

Personally..chuffed demo is back.always been my favourite spec and personally am glad Destro taking a step back.

Between new UI woes, Missing Mods, and Demo Rust.. I'll be looking forward to next weeks clear as I didn't feel I did too great on most fights, but Demo def feels reallllly good right now.  Sadly, I must admit that when it comes to keeping doom up, not having to worry about overwriting a snapshot is quite nice.

Lol Chaos Wave?  how good is it eh?   On Immersius 50% of my total dmg was from Chaos Wave, did 2x the next person in raid (another demo) on adds.. lol padding  One shotting those adds builds massive fury!

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FvRNxchzQA9wGCqt#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=3

I ran with GoSup for the first half of the night, but on Malk I felt my dmg was a bit low and swapped up to GoSyn and noticed quite the difference the rest of the evening.  GoSyn seems much much better.  Checking top parse logs seems almost unanimous use of GoSyn, with up times of 40-60% on caster.

OMG how nerffed is the zone now!!  Hahahah ..... Paragons just MELTED.  I dont think we got a Mezmerize or a Calculation

Our Aff Lock did really well, given the doom n gloom i have heard over its changes.

Let me guess - you're a Destruction Warlock and have been all of MoP and didn't play a Warlock before MoP.  There's this spell called Life Tap that all Warlocks had to use back in the day.  Destruction made it so most Warlocks forgot about this spell.  When they go back to Demonology, they go OOM because they forget to Life Tap.  Use Life Tap when you have to move, don't have a proc, and are sub 50% mana.

You got me.

Personally, I use Soul Fire to generate Demonic Fury and dump it with Touch of Chaos.  My two guildie Warlocks use Soul Fire in Meta with procs.  Either way is fine.  It's pretty much preference.  I think using Soul Fire with big procs will be a slight gain, but mobility is an INCREDIBLE asset - also 4pc proc Chaos Waves are LEGIT.

And this simplify the choise between ToC and SF in meta. I will try for sure this evening for Klaxxi and Garrosh.

I ran with GoSup for the first half of the night, but on Malk I felt my dmg was a bit low and swapped up to GoSyn and noticed quite the difference the rest of the evening.  GoSyn seems much much better.  Checking top parse logs seems almost unanimous use of GoSyn, with up times of 40-60% on caster.

I noticed a slow single target dps too. Is it better with GoSyn?

GoSyn and SoSup are close in single target.  For cleaving, Supremacy was looking better because of Mortal Cleave.  Synergy is an RNG mechanic - you're relying on procs to get good uptime.  People are going to see overinflated uptimes because of the amount of Haste from gear we have that we won't have at level 100.  Even if you're not stacking Haste, you still have significantly more just from the bit you do have on gear.  Either way, neither talent will hold you back.  Service won't hold you back either, but that's just an unnecessary button. 

How much of your damage should HoG be? I settled into about 11k on Garry, and HoG was about 23% of my damage, higher than soul fire. I don't know if its a tuning issue or a amount of spells casted issue. My gear is on the link in the sig.

How much of your damage should HoG be? I settled into about 11k on Garry, and HoG was about 23% of my damage, higher than soul fire. I don't know if its a tuning issue or a amount of spells casted issue. My gear is on the link in the sig.

I would not worry about HoG percent of damage, look more to making sure you are using it to max effort.   Casting whenever you will have two available to get double stacks of shadowflame, and looking at shadowflame uptime.

Damage percentage will vary depending on the fight, depending on how many targets you are hitting with it.

Looking at our wipe and kill from last night HoG and Dot were 10-12% of my total dmg.  That said, doom is very inflated because i was off dotting weapons and kited phase 3 adds for Imp procs, and banking Chaos Wave charges for MC's.  Moving in and out for Desecrated Wep and doing Eng sucks.

Next week, I think we'll try just stack till phase 3 since shit seems so undertuned, and I'm taking myself off Eng duty (I was only one in our 10 man that could get it down solo)

On Mythic Garrosh Phenax and I were very close on damage most every fight. Everyone's damage is going to vary quite a bit on Garrosh due to different strategies and compositions. Our adds died very quickly so we don't have nearly the add damage as a lot of other warlocks. but if you look at our Garrosh damage it's right on par.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/q1DCW4b9M8YkFmTV

We both play slightly different so our damage values are rarely the same, on our kill his ended up being Soulfire, Doom, and Pet melee, Mine was ToC,Soulfire, Doom. My doom uptime was horrible 88% to his 98%

I love Demonology's complexity.  As more parses come in, you'll likely see Synergy + Soul Fire coming out on top because of RNGeesus blessing some syncronized burst periods.  For individual parses, Supremacy is fine and ToC is fine.  The difference between the two is small enough to not matter. 

This is fine for level 90.  At level 100, Demonology will have one playstyle and you'll either get it or fail miserably.  Build to 850 Demonic Fury, use all HoG charges, Metamorphosis, Doom, Demonbolt x4, drop Meta, use all Molten Core Soul Fire charges, top off with Shadow Bolt, build to 850, repeat.  It's going to be pretty awesome at first but I fear monotony.  Hopefully weaving Soul Fires between Shadow Bolts will feel ok. 

• Like 1

Remember: In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.

Sheldon would not agree with this.  Otherwise he would not be so contemptuous of the practical applications of Leonard and Howard.

Sheldon would not agree with this.  Otherwise he would not be so contemptuous of the practical applications of Leonard and Howard.

I have no idea who that is.

I pulled the quote is from Yogi Berra.

With how hard Chaos Wave is hitting, does it make any sense to be using it in Meta instead of saving them for caster form?  Not sure if it's worth it to bank them like we've always done in the past?  Especially when they'll hit multiple targets.