FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

6.1 Demonology Guide

Once WoD goes live won't they be reluctant to keep making changes? Not wanting to buff / nerf during progression is a line they've come out with in the past. I feel whatever situation we're in on 13th November will be what we're stuck with.

It always sucks when a spec gets (over)nerfed, but thinking purely as a class overall, it is better when all three specs are on a level playing ground with one another rather than one being way out ahead in front. With that in mind, honestly I think the worst thing about this round of hotfixes is the nerf to corruption damage. Just... what was the thinking in that?

Raids aren't released until 3 weeks after launch. They don't really have any reason to not adjust things further until then.

• Like 1

Kinda feel like they went too far.  Demo feels pretty weak.  I tried destro right after some quick testing and it feels far stronger.

It's funny, because the spots demo locks occupied on the meters are just going to be replaced by the same warlocks, just as destro.  Nothing will change, the same numbers will come from a different spec.  Guess blizz just doesn't like demo?  Either way, pretty annoying.

We could be nerfed 40% and still be overpowered for current content.  If you can't clear Mythic SoO now, don't even bother trying to do Mythic in WoD.  It's trivialized to the point I'm considering playing with my monitor off.

• Like 3

I recently came to the conclusion that trying to explain how demonology works to fucktards on mmo-c isn't worth my time and effort :).

• Like 2

Im going to play fully zoomed in on Wednesday.

I used to try and get everybody in my guild to do phase 2 of Thok in first person camera. Then when the last person being chased is all the way down the corridor, we'd hide in the little jail area and they'd be all lost and confused.

yes, the idea for the second part was inspired by what used to happen to me at school sad.png

Edited by Oldtrout

So is demo still viable? Please say yes, it's my favorite spec and I want to play it so bad...

I think they fucked us to hard with this one, I am going to run Destro with another lock running demo, but really, 10 to 20 across the board is going to make us worthless. To top it off they took away or nurfed our raid utility, blizzards hates us, time to play a new class...

I think they fucked us to hard with this one, I am going to run Destro with another lock running demo, but really, 10 to 20 across the board is going to make us worthless. To top it off they took away or nurfed our raid utility, blizzards hates us, time to play a new class...

First, wasn't a 20% nerf. That would assume that pets do 0% of your dps.

Second, demo is fine. Destruction will beat it on low-movement fights most of the time, but the content is so easy now it doesn't matter.

• Like 2

Every OP spec and class gets a nerf. Every UP spec ia getting some love. Like gahhda aaid, it's not 20%. If it was all spells, that would be about 14% when you include for 30% is of DPS being pets. Then, it's not quite every spell at a full 20. Looking dmore like 12% nerf.

Every OP spec and class gets a nerf. Every UP spec ia getting some love. Like gahhda aaid, it's not 20%. If it was all spells, that would be about 14% when you include for 30% is of DPS being pets. Then, it's not quite every spell at a full 20. Looking dmore like 12% nerf.

Side note, I think wild imps are bugged right now. They generate DF normally, 10 instances per imp spawn, but they only show 1/2 the firebolts they should in the report. Might get demo ~2.7% more dps or so.

So wait, have the changes gone live or will it be at the regular Tuesday restarts? 

Tuesday, unless they restart before that.

Is PBI not worth it for demo anymore? I been seen some locks using both KTT + BBoY and doing strong dps. Also AMR seems to like that combo as well (of course AMR has lot of bugs right now, so I doubt you can trust it)

I had considered that myself Nytmare, especially considering that both my KTT and BBoY are MWF and PBI is only Mythic.

The thing that keeps me with PBI is that it is a fairly predictable proc compared to the other two, that lines up well with Dark Soul for a tasty fury dump.

I had considered that myself Nytmare, especially considering that both my KTT and BBoY are MWF and PBI is only Mythic.

The thing that keeps me with PBI is that it is a fairly predictable proc compared to the other two, that lines up well with Dark Soul for a tasty fury dump.

So far for me my pbi like to not proc until 20-30 sec into fight when ktt proc it gone, and first DS is used up. so I end up using second charge of DS (have AD) for it.

So wait, have the changes gone live or will it be at the regular Tuesday restarts? 

They restarted the European servers Sunday morning so I assume that the changes are live here.... I wish that hotfix applications were made clearer if they are live or not.

I have seen it mentioned though that instance servers aren't hotfixed so get to be very OP in raids for a couple more days.

Edited by spikeysquad

PBI is still worth 9.5%-9.7% additional Mastery, Haste, and Crit damage.  I have no idea why this is even a question.  Stop and think about it.

Additional Haste all the time = good.

Additional Mastery all the time = flat DPS gain.

Additional Crit damage = bonus to Chaos Bolt (yay), bonus to Soul Fire (yay) - both of which are guaranteed every time you do it.  Then there are other spells that will suddenly gain an additional 9.5-9.7% crit damage ALL THE TIME.  Then you have a reliable buff that comes every 2:00.  Yes, it trolls you sometimes, but again, I point out the automatics.

Compare this to only Haste (about 10%, so what PBI gives you) and a stacking buff with a 0.92 RPPM that almost always procs in opener and then can leave you high and dry with BBoY.

Compare this to only Multistrike (decent) and a static buff with a 0.92 RPPM that almost always procs in opener and can leave you high and dry later.

Why is it even a debate of PBI vs the rest?  PBI is BiS - always will be until you start leveling again.

• Like 2

Rul #1: The more focus you spend on gear, the less focus you spend on actually increasing your DPS.

Rule #2: Never judge anything off of armory. Some people logout in specific setups afterror testing, doing different content, or just trolling.

Rule #3: Just because you see a few warlocks doing something, it doesn't mean it's actually good to do.

• Like 2