FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

6.1 Demonology Guide

Today was the first day I could test after patchday because I was busy during the week. I am just playing aroundm testing different scenarios, talents, etc...

You are right, though, HoG and Shadowflame give us fury and more Meta uptime but I wanted to test another playstyle. Using MC proccs outside of Meta for Fury generation and saving HoG charges for Meta proccs. I didn't any math on this, I just compared it ingame.

• Warlock

• General

• Corruption's damage has been reduced by 10%.

• Shadow Bolt's damage has been reduced by 20%.

Demonology

• Chaos Wave's damage has been reduced by 20%.

Doom's damage has been reduced by 20%.

Hand of Gul'dan's damage has been reduced by 20%.

Soul Fire's damage has been reduced by 20%.

Touch of Chaos's damage has been reduced by 20%.

Talents

• (Demonology) Demonbolt's damage has been reduced by 30%.

We drew too much attention and got abilities nerfed that aren't even in game yet guys. Way to go us!

The demonbolt nerf seems excessive since WE HAVEN'T SEEN IT IN ACTION YET but I knew it was coming. I was hoping they would be smart and nerf it by around 5-10% like it needed. 

I told our priest, " quit complaining that they said they weren't changing any aspects of your spec, it's a gift that you won't get overnerfed."  Demonbolt was definitely excessive, but my hopes are now that we will under perform and it will be brought back up at level 100.

Hi all;

Stupid question time - is there an addon which lets me see my demonic fury as a bar.

There's quite a few which let me see it as an *icon*, but not a bar.

(Affdot's demonic fury bit works, but I can't ONLY have that part work, it insists on doing DoT timers as well I have covered with tellmewhen, which on the other hand stubbornly resists showing resources on a bar! Argh!)

Edited by Ketari

I'm more offended that Fury warriors only got a 17% nerf, and somehow Demonology warranted a 20% nerf across the board. I'm glad that the more OP spec took less of a hit. At least these nerfs don't really change anything, since everything got nerfed about the same.

Hi all;

Stupid question time - is there an addon which lets me see my demonic fury as a bar.

(Affdot's demonic fury bit works, but I can't ONLY have that part work, it insists on doing DoT timers as well I have covered with tellmewhen, which on the other hand stubbornly resists showing resources on a bar! Argh!)

Maybe, I just use WeakAuras though.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/7227-60-warlock-weakauras-all-specs/

• Like 1

Thanks, but I really, really don't like WA and have had repeated problems with it and basic functions. Last time I think i spent 6 hours trying to get it to track corruption...

edit: Okay, using one bar from StatusBars2 for the moment then.

Edited by Ketari

17.7k post hotfixes. They aren't live yet, require a restart. Completely justified at 90, completely unjustified at 100 (outside of demonbolt). Hopefully temporary crap to appease people for the next 3 weeks.

17.7k post hotfixes. They aren't live yet, require a restart. Completely justified at 90, completely unjustified at 100 (outside of demonbolt). Hopefully temporary crap to appease people for the next 3 weeks.

Once WoD goes live won't they be reluctant to keep making changes? Not wanting to buff / nerf during progression is a line they've come out with in the past. I feel whatever situation we're in on 13th November will be what we're stuck with.

It always sucks when a spec gets (over)nerfed, but thinking purely as a class overall, it is better when all three specs are on a level playing ground with one another rather than one being way out ahead in front. With that in mind, honestly I think the worst thing about this round of hotfixes is the nerf to corruption damage. Just... what was the thinking in that?

They did the same stuff in TBC.  They gave corruption a huge buff, then nerfed it to below what it used to be.  

Doing this at 90 makes no sense shouldn't they wait till 100?

Hi all;

I use nugcombobar its a bar for fury check it out :).

Nerfs havent come into play yet from what I can see, I'm crushing the damage at the moment, beaten only a couple of times by fire mage or warrior. The nerfs will put Demo mid pack, still completely viable.

Nerfs havent come into play yet from what I can see, I'm crushing the damage at the moment, beaten only a couple of times by fire mage or warrior. The nerfs will put Demo mid pack, still completely viable.

Hunter pets are still at 33% AP of the hunter, so I'm guessing fixes arent live also.

So is demo still viable? Please say yes, it's my favorite spec and I want to play it so bad...

It's level 90, so can't really say but I highly doubt that it wont be viable at 100.