FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

6.1 Demonology Guide

Worth it now since you don't have Demonbolt.  Once you have Demonbolt, all Demonic Fury goes to that and Doom, not Chaos Wave.

• Like 1

I have not tried Chaos Wave yet on single target, might play with that tonight.

Is anyone else noticing the Manneroth's Fury and Immo / Hellfire does not really seem worth it much at all?  I've seen a couple things on that here, mostly noticing that it's a waste.

AD helped my team finally get Mythic Garrosh last night. We had blocks at Seigecrafter before the massive nerf, but we were still wiping over and over on Garrosh, due to folks not understanding mechanic,s or how to listen to a raid leader. Started saving my DS so that I'd have it back to back in Phase 4, which got us to burn him down before we had to deal with Iron stars wiping us due to no one knowing how to kite them (including another warlock who insisted that demonology had no speed increasing abilities after 6.0).

AD helped my team finally get Mythic Garrosh last night. We had blocks at Seigecrafter before the massive nerf, but we were still wiping over and over on Garrosh, due to folks not understanding mechanic,s or how to listen to a raid leader. Started saving my DS so that I'd have it back to back in Phase 4, which got us to burn him down before we had to deal with Iron stars wiping us due to no one knowing how to kite them (including another warlock who insisted that demonology had no speed increasing abilities after 6.0).

Question - what was your progress level before 6.0?

Yup, we got a Wednesday night clear before they trivialized it.  Enjoy your free Mythic BoAs.

We are actually not doing mythic until Sunday....  currently moving from our 10m to 20m roster now, and had a couple switching mains to gear up and trials to eveluate.  Did a normal on Tue, last night did a 20m heroic, and what a joke.  Everything melted so freakin' fast.  Was pretty worthless from a point of evaluating or even testing out different styles of play.  Other than 'free gear' for some toons.  We had a few people go up 20 ilvls or so. :/

Edited by Zilthy

I just watched a group do Mythic Garrosh as sloppy as I've ever seen - and they one shot it the first time they even looked at it.  They go "how much different can Mythic be?"  Didn't deal with Iron Stars, didn't deal with MCs (only 2 in Mythic lol), and had no problems whatsoever.  If you haven't upgraded your roster, just fill it with warm bodies who can pew pew to at least 50% of capacity.

Yeah for real. If your guild already is mounted out, sell some kills and mounts. It's a fucking joke we 3 shot it because first time I didn't solo so well as Demo in 20m...., second time our 7 trials had barely ever seen malice so no team = faster rage, third time easy kill. Lots of 550s in the group.  Just make sure you bring a Disc priest, HOLY NOVA OP AS ALL FUCK RN. For real, the craziest one button healing, it's hilarious.

Just out of curiousity, what weak aura's do you guys use for Demo? What are you trying to make sure you track to help be the most efficient? HoG Charges? Shadowflame stacks? All I've got now is a DF bar and my MC procs. I went demo most of our mythic run this week just to try to shake the rust off and get used to it. I still feel lost in the midst of some mechanics. 

I'm a minimalist - I'm not even using Doom/Corruption Weakauras.  Only Weakauras I'm using are to show Demonic Fury, Trinkets, and T16 2pc. 

Shadowflame stacks is an irrelevant thing to track.  It should be muscle memory to cast a 2nd HoG 4 seconds after the 1st.  HoG charges is really all you have to look for and manage aside from DoTs. 

You're not going to get a feel for Demo in Mythic right now - it's been too trivialized.  Also, the playstyle is COMPLETELY different from how it will be at 100.  Just play what's fun in super dumbed down content and enjoy leveling. 

Question - what was your progress level before 6.0?

We were stuck at seigecrafter. Our ranged DPS could not understand how to move to the left when they were targeted by a buzzsaw. Not a huge issue for the two warlocks who iddn't follow the ranged, since we needed to keep our portals up for the belt teams. Well, not a problem for one of us, the other Warlock has at times told me that Destro had terrible AoE, Demo had no mobility, and that he needed his infernal to do AoE damage, because he had nothing else. Its quite frustrating.

the other Warlock has at times told me that Destro had terrible AoE, Demo had no mobility, and that he needed his infernal to do AoE damage, because he had nothing else. Its quite frustrating.

Who is this guy?  Tell him to go back to his Mage.

• Like 1

I track MC stacks and time remaining, all trinkets and their ICD if applicale, DS, all DoT's including Shadowflame stacks renamed Hand of Gul'dan, a single aura with three color mods for Synergy, 4pc and meta, jade spirit, demo form activation cd, KJC uptime and CD for all locks, tap aura telling me how much mana I have that only activates sub 30% mana, other ones that are just my Own CD kicking in an not wanting to worry. Basically all procs I just change size and placement for importance levels.

TLDR or just hate my awful formatting: I track all procs and CD's

Just out of curiousity, what weak aura's do you guys use for Demo? What are you trying to make sure you track to help be the most efficient? HoG Charges? Shadowflame stacks? All I've got now is a DF bar and my MC procs. I went demo most of our mythic run this week just to try to shake the rust off and get used to it. I still feel lost in the midst of some mechanics. 

I use about 40 WAs for Demo. Across the 6 toons that I play often I have about 360 WAs. Most of mine can be found on the forums here, just check the pinned WA threads. Not all of them are in the main post but as people have asked to see what I have I've posted them.

We were stuck at seigecrafter. Our ranged DPS could not understand how to move to the left when they were targeted by a buzzsaw. Not a huge issue for the two warlocks who iddn't follow the ranged, since we needed to keep our portals up for the belt teams. Well, not a problem for one of us, the other Warlock has at times told me that Destro had terrible AoE, Demo had no mobility, and that he needed his infernal to do AoE damage, because he had nothing else. Its quite frustrating.

Replace him. There is no excuse for this level of derp derp.

• Like 1

Replace him. There is no excuse for this level of derp derp.

Believe me, if I were more than just a cog in the machine, he would have been gkicked when he said that Destro couldn't AoE. I have suggested to both the raid leader and guild leader that he cannot be taught how to play correctly (I've been working on getting him to keep up his immolate and havoc/shadowburn for months), but they refuse to act. Its at the point where the hunters are asking me why he is so bad. Hunters!

Its at the point where the hunters are asking me why he is so bad. Hunters!

I'm not sure if that's an insult to him or to hunters.

What's your experience with Demo after a few days of testing? I noticed hat Chaoswave does quite a lot of damage and tried to save HoG stacks proccs in order to burn them in Meta. 70-80k hits according to skada selfbuffed oO

If you save them it might be that no procc comes up for a long time and the stacks are wasted however.

You don't want to sit on two charges.  HoG and Shadowflame still do well, and also contribute to fury and meta uptime.  Use Chaos Wave if you happen to have a charge or two in meta is fine, holding them would not be.

I track MC stacks and time remaining, all trinkets and their ICD if applicale, DS, all DoT's including Shadowflame stacks renamed Hand of Gul'dan, a single aura with three color mods for Synergy, 4pc and meta, jade spirit, demo form activation cd, KJC uptime and CD for all locks, tap aura telling me how much mana I have that only activates sub 30% mana, other ones that are just my Own CD kicking in an not wanting to worry. Basically all procs I just change size and placement for importance levels.

TLDR or just hate my awful formatting: I track all procs and CD's

Yea I tend to track just about everything, but being new to demo, didn't know what else to add in terms of Demo specific stuff. I'll check out what locky's got for WAs and see what I can add for my setup.