FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Gara'jal the Spiritbinder

Guest Balagi

Hi, our guild "Out of Mind" spotted Final Destination(something like hard enrage)

Hi, our guild "Out of Mind" spotted Final Destination(something like hard enrage)

Do you know how many minutes in you were?

Guest Gloostick

Confirming the hard enrage. He seems to cast Final Destination at 6 minutes, with a 3s cast time.

Thanks, guys. I'm updating the guide to include the enrage timer, and to mention that it is a bit of a DPS check, at least in entry level gear.

He insta wiped our entire raid with "suicide"

Edit to add more

The tool tip says 5 players can enter the spirit realm, and we thought it was a typo because 10 man was 5 as well. (we are 25)

But you do not have to send 5 players, you can make 3 groups of 3.. 1 healer and 2 dps.. You rotate groups of people going into the spirit realm to kill adds and making changes due to voodoo dolls.

Make sure you are not in the spirit realm whe, he enrages at 20% because it is basically unhealabe and will be a screwed if you don't have your button

You can have multiple groups in the spirit realm at a time and healers can heal them if something happened to that groups healer.

I can't remember if anything else is different from guide. I maybe a question about if refresh my memory lol.

Edited by krazyito65

Guest Shiva

The boss health information is very wrong he has about 130M on 10man normal

Guest Matt

My guild, Atlantic, downed the Spiritbinder using two healers. At the moment, it seems almost next to impossible to beat the enrage timer with 3 heals, even with some crazy DPS in the normal realm.

Guest Guest

Gara'jal has about 117M HP on 10 nhc difficulty.

We tried him yesterday testing the Spiritual Innovation Buff mechanics:

The Buff lasts 30seconds.

Every Class and Speccs seems to have different Buff Symbols.

Every Healing Spell cast on Players in the Spiritworld will reset the Buff duration to 30s.

We dps'd him down to 25% than hit Enrage.

We will try 2 Healer 2Tanks and 6Dps as suggested in many US-Public Forum Threads.

Also try to "stack" the Buff on 1 Single DPS by bringing him back to Spirit World in less than 30s.

well we had a fight today and not sure if anyone said it here but i'd recommand you to got with 2healers due the high DPS check. Also wanne say that sending a Holy palading + a mage into the spirit world is an insance nice idea. If the holypala use LoH the mage get's a buff with increase his crit, haste, mastery and dmg done by 22%.

He insta wiped our entire raid with "suicide"

Edit to add more

The tool tip says 5 players can enter the spirit realm, and we thought it was a typo because 10 man was 5 as well. (we are 25)

But you do not have to send 5 players, you can make 3 groups of 3.. 1 healer and 2 dps.. You rotate groups of people going into the spirit realm to kill adds and making changes due to voodoo dolls.

Make sure you are not in the spirit realm whe, he enrages at 20% because it is basically unhealabe and will be a screwed if you don't have your button

You can have multiple groups in the spirit realm at a time and healers can heal them if something happened to that groups healer.

I can't remember if anything else is different from guide. I maybe a question about if refresh my memory lol.

That's very useful information. I'll see what of it I can fit into the guide :)

The boss health information is very wrong he has about 130M on 10man normal

This has been updated, thank you! 117 seems to be the current value.

My guild, Atlantic, downed the Spiritbinder using two healers. At the moment, it seems almost next to impossible to beat the enrage timer with 3 heals, even with some crazy DPS in the normal realm.

Indeed, this seems to be the case. We mention it in the DPS Race section of the guide. Thank you :)

Gara'jal has about 117M HP on 10 nhc difficulty.

We tried him yesterday testing the Spiritual Innovation Buff mechanics:

The Buff lasts 30seconds.

Every Class and Speccs seems to have different Buff Symbols.

Every Healing Spell cast on Players in the Spiritworld will reset the Buff duration to 30s.

We dps'd him down to 25% than hit Enrage.

We will try 2 Healer 2Tanks and 6Dps as suggested in many US-Public Forum Threads.

Also try to "stack" the Buff on 1 Single DPS by bringing him back to Spirit World in less than 30s.

I took most of your suggestions into account in the guide now, thank you.

well we had a fight today and not sure if anyone said it here but i'd recommand you to got with 2healers due the high DPS check. Also wanne say that sending a Holy palading + a mage into the spirit world is an insance nice idea. If the holypala use LoH the mage get's a buff with increase his crit, haste, mastery and dmg done by 22%.

We do say in the DPS Race section, that 2 healers are pretty much mandatory in 10-man. I don't know if Mages benefit from the Spirit World especially, though. If someone could confirm this, that would be nice. Also, what spec was your Mage?

We do say in the DPS Race section, that 2 healers are pretty much mandatory in 10-man. I don't know if Mages benefit from the Spirit World especially, though. If someone could confirm this, that would be nice. Also, what spec was your Mage?

well my mage was arcane at the fight but i guess due the fact it's 22% as max increase in all stats except hit it'll be the same for fire and frost.

I'm not sure if its much of a dps race, but more of choosing who should go into the spirit realm and who should stay on the boss. Try to send the least amount of people you need down to the spirit realm to control adds. Bring down 1 add DPS 1 healer and 1 boss DPS in the very beginning. The add dps stays down and kills as many as he can, while the boss dps can stay there until he gets his button and then goes back to dpsing the boss with the buff. Later in the fight you can bring 2 add dps, or even 2 add dps and 1 boss dps.

In 25 man, we downed him with 7 healers, which is just about the same as 3 (maybe 4) healers in 10.

Keep your strongest single target DPS on the boss full time. Usually this would be just about all melee classes except DK's and Paladins.

DK's do pretty good AoE on spread out targets and Paladins get an insane buff from the spirit realm. If you have one dps paladin, and you are good with killing adds downstairs then, then he should be going down to at least get the buff so he can wail on the boss. Rogues and feral cats are VERY good at just straight single target full time boss damage.

Range DPS (more so multi-dotters, boomkins, shadow priests, warlocks) go down into the spirit realm to dps the adds and kill as many as they can.

If you fall behind on the adds, remember, you can send a MAX of 5 people into the spirit realm to clean up.

Edit: looking at my logs it seems that frost mages are very good for single target on this fight as well. You can go to the "buffs gained " part of WoL to see the "Corssed-over" debuff to see how many times wesent that person down the spirit realm

http://www.worldoflo...s=11864&e=12213

Edited by krazyito65

I'm not sure if its much of a dps race, but more of choosing who should go into the spirit realm and who should stay on the boss. Try to send the least amount of people you need down to the spirit realm to control adds. Bring down 1 add DPS 1 healer and 1 boss DPS in the very beginning. The add dps stays down and kills as many as he can, while the boss dps can stay there until he gets his button and then goes back to dpsing the boss with the buff. Later in the fight you can bring 2 add dps, or even 2 add dps and 1 boss dps.

In 25 man, we downed him with 7 healers, which is just about the same as 3 (maybe 4) healers in 10.

Keep your strongest single target DPS on the boss full time. Usually this would be just about all melee classes except DK's and Paladins.

DK's do pretty good AoE on spread out targets and Paladins get an insane buff from the spirit realm. If you have one dps paladin, and you are good with killing adds downstairs then, then he should be going down to at least get the buff so he can wail on the boss. Rogues and feral cats are VERY good at just straight single target full time boss damage.

Range DPS (more so multi-dotters, boomkins, shadow priests (not so much warlocks but they can as well)) go down into the spirit realm to dps the adds and kill as many as they can.

If you fall behind on the adds, remember, you can send a MAX of 5 people into the spirit realm to clean up.

Edit: looking at my logs it seems that frost mages are very good for single target on this fight as well. You can go to the "buffs gained " part of WoL to see the "Corssed-over" debuff to see how many times wesent that person down the spirit realm

http://www.worldoflo...s=11864&e=12213

Thanks (again, for the millionth time :)) for your post. I'm going to take these into account and update the guide as soon as I get some sleep.

• Like 1

well we know from our experience that we sended 1healer and 2dpses in all the time but one of the DPS goes back up almost instantly after been full healed to get the buff for harder nuking on the boss. After the 3th time you enter the spirit world the 2nd dps has to stay a bit longer due the fact that the adds starts to spawn at a higher rate. At around 4min into the fight you'll start to noticed they spawn very quick but are still managable to kill. If your lucky and have a good dps team down you can hit the 20% beserk with 0-3adds in the spirit world minimzing the dmg outside. We took our priest healer as much as we could, the mage and our hunter. If any of those had voodoo dolls. we had a lock standing rdy and a holy paladin to go instead.

Edit: combinations as arcane mage + holy paladins LoH is pretty strong, and there are more combinations that are amazing to send down, thought locks get something nice aswell. What hunters get i don't remember but at least he did top dps in the entire group due the mage (me) had to be killing the adds down when they were way to spread out for the hunter and that was quite all the time like that.

Edited by MichaelTheys

Guest Steve Boggs

A few comments on the tanking mechanics I noticed this week on 10-man:

- Taunting didn't seem to be an issue. He swapped to the other tank no problem once the other tank was banished.

- He appeared to cast voodoo doll on the next tank soon (immediately?) after the last was banished.

- I could not taunt off the other tank when he had voodoo doll, even for the duration of the taunt. He stayed focused on the other tank. This basically hardwired the tanks to alternate voodo doll/banishment.

- Tanks see the other adds when they go into the spirit world, so it pays to know in advance which one you are supposed to attack. >.<

Overall, the only challenge for tanks on this fight are maximizing your survivability and killing your add in the spirit world (which is not hard). Maybe a breather for the tanks after the first two bosses?

Downing this boss with 7 healers in 25 man proves that 25 man is much more relaxed than 10 man. You can't do this at entry gear in 10 man with 3 healers. 10 man requires you to optimize your strategy without an extra healer laying around. We downed it in 5:26 on 4th attempt using a Resto Shaman and Holy Paladin. The three wipes were not due to mechanics; the mechanics are very easy. We wiped due to him putting Voodoo Doll on the same healer 3 times in a row and that healer going OOM due to not getting to go in the shadow phase to recover mana. RNG finds its way into 10 mans with brutal efficiency sometimes.

Also Warlocks are almost the best class to send down due to their extremely efficent mana conservation methods and being able to put DoTs up on 4 adds in 4 globals. If that Warlock is able to kill an add with Drain Soul, he can apply his DoTs up before returning to the normal realm to reapply DoTs to Gara'jol before heading back down.

A few comments on the tanking mechanics I noticed this week on 10-man:

- Taunting didn't seem to be an issue. He swapped to the other tank no problem once the other tank was banished.

- He appeared to cast voodoo doll on the next tank soon (immediately?) after the last was banished.

- I could not taunt off the other tank when he had voodoo doll, even for the duration of the taunt. He stayed focused on the other tank. This basically hardwired the tanks to alternate voodo doll/banishment.

- Tanks see the other adds when they go into the spirit world, so it pays to know in advance which one you are supposed to attack. >.<

Overall, the only challenge for tanks on this fight are maximizing your survivability and killing your add in the spirit world (which is not hard). Maybe a breather for the tanks after the first two bosses?

Thank you for the post. It appears as though your observations regarding taunting are in line with what we write in our guide. I have a question, though. Does taunting still cause the boss to temporarily attack the taunting tank (even during Voodoo Dolls?). It certainly seemed to be the case the previous lockout.

Thank you for the post. It appears as though your observations regarding taunting are in line with what we write in our guide. I have a question, though. Does taunting still cause the boss to temporarily attack the taunting tank (even during Voodoo Dolls?). It certainly seemed to be the case the previous lockout.

Yes. Doing this on cooldown is a minor help to your raid. If your Voodoo linked tank is not taking damage, no one else in your raid is either. Only problem is the Taunt works on diminishing returns (first taunt = 3 seconds, 2nd 1.5, 3rd less than a global, 4th immune) so it's kind of like a one or two melee hit boost, but overall not super significant. Still able to help when stuff gets bad (like in execute phase).

So can we taunt him or not ? My tanks told me we can't (in heroic). Any tips d be welcomed ! Posted Image

In normal mode, at least, you can taunt during Vodoo Dolls but it won't affect the threat table. It'll just make Gara'jal attack the taunting tank for 3 seconds or however much is left after diminishing returns. Then he'll go back to the Voodoo Dolls tank. I don't know if this works in heroic, your tanks are probably in the best position to confirm/deny this.

Guest Dethkvlt

One small thing we found is that you should either use bloodlust/timewarp/heroism once the boss hits 20%, or if there is 45 seconds left on the enrage timer. Since there is no use using it when there is less time left as you'll waste valuable dps time.

Guest injustice

Yes. Doing this on cooldown is a minor help to your raid. If your Voodoo linked tank is not taking damage, no one else in your raid is either. Only problem is the Taunt works on diminishing returns (first taunt = 3 seconds, 2nd 1.5, 3rd less than a global, 4th immune) so it's kind of like a one or two melee hit boost, but overall not super significant. Still able to help when stuff gets bad (like in execute phase).

taunts DO NOT WORK EVER once the boss is fixated on the voodoo dolled tank.

Guest injustice

In normal mode, at least, you can taunt during Vodoo Dolls but it won't affect the threat table. It'll just make Gara'jal attack the taunting tank for 3 seconds or however much is left after diminishing returns. Then he'll go back to the Voodoo Dolls tank. I don't know if this works in heroic, your tanks are probably in the best position to confirm/deny this.

again. incorrect. watching target of target the boss does not even flinch from the fixated tank.