Archimage

[Wizard] Lightning Torrent Build

Sign in to follow this  

1 post in this topic

Here is my current wizard build that I'm using at Level 70 Torment 1-3:

D3 Skill Calculator

The build mainly focuses around wizard_passive_paralysis.pngParalysis by using wizard_arcanetorrent.pngArcane Torrent that has been modified to do lightning damage. This build works greatly against groups of enemies, but the stun also makes you strong at soloing bosses. e.pngWormhole wizard_teleport.pngTeleport and wizard_passive_illusionist.pngIllusionist reduces your travel time, and also gives you an escape when fighting Wallers, Vortex or Jailers.

You mostly spam Arcane Torrent, and use x1_wizard_wormhole.pngBlack Hole when you want to stack the enemies, or just for the damage bonus the Spellsteal rune provides.

You have 3 almost passive spells (Armor, Weapon and Familiar) that you only have to cast when once every 10 minutes, or after you revived.

Gear:

You will require gear that increases Critical Hit Chance and "Critical Hits grant x Arcane Power". Reason being that Critical hits will trigger your armor's effect, and also grant you more Arcane Power to spam Arcane Torrent.

Other beneficial gear bonuses are the Lightning/Critical Hit Damage/Arcane Torrent damage increases.

Paragon Points:

You only need to take Critical Hit Chance (offense) and Area Damage (Utility). You can spend the Core and Defense points as you like. I however like taking Movement Speed (Core) and All Resist (Defense).

Other:

You can change your Familiar's Rune to Icicle when fighting Bosses, or to Arcanot if you are struggling with Arcane Power.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Vyr Archon Wizard Build Guide.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Meteor Wizard build.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our DMO Frozen Orb Wizard build.
    • By Lemmi
      Hi guys,
       first of all: Sorry, my English isn't very well.

Yesterday I played a little bit with my gear, legys and talents on raidbots and found out that my simulated dps should be a little bit higher by using Aspect of the Beast.
      Talents: 2111113
      gear: 2x T19; 4x T2O; Qua*pla + Sephuz
      sim: 1225k single target dps

By way of comparison my old build:
      Talents: 2111112
      gear: 2x T19; 4x T2O; waist + Sephuz
      sim: 122Ok single target dps

Using simcraft by my own with the same settings I get for my 
      old build: 1215k single target dps
      and with Aspect of the Beast only: 1187k

In the past I simed allways a little bit higher with raidbots in comparison to simcraft, but the tendency was the same.

Any ideas why there are bigger discrepancies this time?

Greetings
      Lemmi

• By Jaynie
      Hey everyone,
      My name is Jayne and I'm returning to D3 after a very long break from the game and I'm looking for a clan that actively runs group GRs and speedfarms to push for ranking. Currently I'm mid 500s paragon in S11 Softcore, and my current characters are as follows:
      Tayai - Barbarian, zBarb and Whirlwind Wastes/Leapquake for Bounties and solo play
      Tayness - Wizard, newest character, looking to get geared for Lightning Wiz
      Alviona - Necro, Rathmas + Jesseth's/Inarius/zNecro
      I pride myself on being flexible for all groups, and am more than willing to switch to any character that is needed for the group (Don't have a monk yet but I could easily level and gear one if needed as well.)
      I'm coming back to D3 after a stint in WoW with mythic raiding experience and a couple rank 1 logs for both Warrior and Rsham, so I'm experienced in high PVE gameplay and group play. I don't stand for toxicity in any group whatsoever. If your clan is recruiting at all and you think I might be a fit, please hit me up on Battle.net, my btag is JayneReveck#1990.