Niix 169 Report post Posted January 16, 2015 I'm still confused about explosive trap. Only use explosive trap if you don't have Thrill procs up, or you don't have a multi-strike proc up. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Niix 169 Report post Posted January 19, 2015 If you have a multistrike proc right off the bat, definitely use Arcane Shot right away. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Creschlan 0 Report post Posted January 19, 2015 Hi i have a question about BM spec, i need tame some exotic beast ? that will up my DMG ? or normal beast in ferocity spec will be ok? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Niix 169 Report post Posted January 19, 2015 Hi i have a question about BM spec, i need tame some exotic beast ? that will up my DMG ? or normal beast in ferocity spec will be ok? Your comments are hidden by default at the time being, I've approved this one but please finish the sign up process and confirm your email if you haven't. Exotic beasts act no differently than a regular pet. Any pet in ferocity spec will do. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Iridar 80 Report post Posted January 19, 2015 Exotic beasts act no differently than a regular pet. Any pet in ferocity spec will do. Was actually wondering about the viability of AOE abilities Chimeras and Worms have. Probably not very strong, but hey, BM is renowned for multi target cleaving anyway. Would be nice to know if these special abilities amount to something this time around. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
CyaSteve 3 Report post Posted January 19, 2015 What's with the Stampede suggestion for MM? I've personally tried in on multiple fights and I rarely if ever see high level MM taking Stampede in logs, AMoC seems to always outperform it. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
dirtysocks 0 Report post Posted January 20, 2015 Was actually wondering about the viability of AOE abilities Chimeras and Worms have. Probably not very strong, but hey, BM is renowned for multi target cleaving anyway. Would be nice to know if these special abilities amount to something this time around. Those Aoe abilities interrupt the pet melee, so you end up losing value from beast cleave and its a dps loss. Not sure about SV, could get some value on a fight like tectus i suppose Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Niix 169 Report post Posted January 20, 2015 What's with the Stampede suggestion for MM? I've personally tried in on multiple fights and I rarely if ever see high level MM taking Stampede in logs, AMoC seems to always outperform it. Because it's better. You need a very specific fight length. Like almost exactly 4:44, 9:44 or 14:44. Basically a time that will leave you just shy of another stampede. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
mans0011 0 Report post Posted January 20, 2015 Nyx, sorry if this had been answered elsewhere, but have you updated to include the macros/addons section from original post? I am new to the site (and returning to WoW, stopped raiding/playing at the end of Dragon Soul) and new to hunter. Thanks for your work, it's much appreciated! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Niix 169 Report post Posted January 20, 2015 Nyx, sorry if this had been answered elsewhere, but have you updated to include the macros/addons section from original post? I am new to the site (and returning to WoW, stopped raiding/playing at the end of Dragon Soul) and new to hunter. Thanks for your work, it's much appreciated! Your comments are hidden by default at the time being, I've approved this one but please finish the sign up process and confirm your email if you haven't. I have not added any macros or weak auras for the time being. Planning on getting it done soon. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
mans0011 0 Report post Posted January 20, 2015 Your comments are hidden by default at the time being, I've approved this one but please finish the sign up process and confirm your email if you haven't. I have not added any macros or weak auras for the time being. Planning on getting it done soon. Appreciate the quick response. RE: finishing the sign up process... I did click the link in my e-mail and put the little puzzle together. If I missed part of the process, I can't find a way to complete it. Appreciate your patience. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Iridar 80 Report post Posted January 20, 2015 Those Aoe abilities interrupt the pet melee, so you end up losing value from beast cleave and its a dps loss. Not sure about SV, could get some value on a fight like tectus i suppose Those pets are exotic... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Niix 169 Report post Posted January 20, 2015 Appreciate the quick response. RE: finishing the sign up process... I did click the link in my e-mail and put the little puzzle together. If I missed part of the process, I can't find a way to complete it. Appreciate your patience. Not a problem. I'll add a few macros today. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Niix 169 Report post Posted January 20, 2015 Added Macros / Weak Auras / Set Bonus values. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
esp 0 Report post Posted January 21, 2015 Hi guys, new huntard here! =) Is it worth to have a macro to stopcast any steady shot if an ability becomes available like chimera or Black Arrow? Or is is better to, say, have a 0.3/0.5 sec delay in using those abilities and land the steady shot? Cheers Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Niix 169 Report post Posted January 21, 2015 Hi guys, new huntard here! =) Is it worth to have a macro to stopcast any steady shot if an ability becomes available like chimera or Black Arrow? Or is is better to, say, have a 0.3/0.5 sec delay in using those abilities and land the steady shot? Cheers Please finish your sign up on the site, I've approved this comment this time, however if you don't confirm your email and complete the sign up process your comments will not be visible to the rest of the forum. This is to prevent spam. Thank you. You shouldn't be surprised by an ability coming off cooldown. Having a stopcasting macro is useful but it's not really for canceling a spell, you'd most of the time be better off just completing the cast. Unless it's a 2 second focusing shot and you have enough focus for your explosive shot and you JUST started the cast, and then you could just sidestep it and cancel it with movement. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
DukeDukey 0 Report post Posted January 21, 2015 Please finish your sign up on the site, I've approved this comment this time, however if you don't confirm your email and complete the sign up process your comments will not be visible to the rest of the forum. This is to prevent spam. Thank you. You shouldn't be surprised by an ability coming off cooldown. Having a stopcasting macro is useful but it's not really for canceling a spell, you'd most of the time be better off just completing the cast. Unless it's a 2 second focusing shot and you have enough focus for your explosive shot and you JUST started the cast, and then you could just sidestep it and cancel it with movement. I'd like to hear a more in depth answer to this question. As survival, I'll use Cobra Shot when I'm low on focus and none of my abilities are off cooldown. However, I'll start the cast and Lock and Load will proc, resetting the cooldown of Explosive shot. Since the Lock and Load-Explosive shot's are free, and I won't need the focus gained from Cobra shot to cast them, would it be a dps increase for a stopcasting macro in this case? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Azortharion 65 Report post Posted January 21, 2015 It wouldn't, just finish the cast. You'll still want the focus afterwards. Besides, a stopcasting macro would mean that you either delay Explosive Shot (and stop your rotation) for a fraction of a secondin a lot of cycles because a Cobra Shot leads up to the Explosive Shot and you can't spam Explosive Shot before the CS shot finishes, forcing you into this little jerk-time of waiting for the cast to finish and then hitting the button. Your reaction time here is lost DPS. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
kevow 0 Report post Posted January 22, 2015 What are your guys dps as SV hunter on what ilevel? Im at 668 now, and on single target it seems im lacking a bit on dps (23-25k). Just wondering what you guys are doing at certain ilevels. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Iridar 80 Report post Posted January 22, 2015 What are your guys dps as SV hunter on what ilevel? Im at 668 now, and on single target it seems im lacking a bit on dps (23-25k). Just wondering what you guys are doing at certain ilevels. 670, doing 30k+ on most fights as TotH + Lone Wolf. My gear is cherry picked: I have 3 crafted items 665 ilvl that I rolled into having multistrike, and 3 PvP 660 ilvl items with multistrike. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Orthios 272 Report post Posted January 22, 2015 What are your guys dps as SV hunter on what ilevel? Im at 668 now, and on single target it seems im lacking a bit on dps (23-25k). Just wondering what you guys are doing at certain ilevels. For Kargath and Butcher, I do around 25k dps depending on procs, on Brackenspore and Tectus it's more around 28-30k dps and on Twins I usually do around 27k dps. This is with horribly itemized gear that you can see in my sig. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Niix 169 Report post Posted January 22, 2015 Single Target I'm close to 34k with good procs. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Niix 169 Report post Posted January 22, 2015 Gonna be updating the guide today, hopefully. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Niix 169 Report post Posted January 25, 2015 6.1 Patch Notes are interesting for us. Curious to see if these go live and how the stampede buff acts with Survival. It's unlikely that it'll push LW ahead of FS because of how god awful it would be to play that spec without FS. But it'll definitely bring them closer. Doubtful that it'll make Stampede worthwhile for FS SV. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Orthios 272 Report post Posted January 25, 2015 6.1 Patch Notes are interesting for us. Curious to see if these go live and how the stampede buff acts with Survival. It's unlikely that it'll push LW ahead of FS because of how god awful it would be to play that spec without FS. But it'll definitely bring them closer. Doubtful that it'll make Stampede worthwhile for FS SV. Considering the potency of Stampede was literally doubled, I'd say it is worth taking no matter what spec and other talents you choose. Ofc, there is still plenty of time for more changes to happen, but for now, I'd say it's got AMoC beat in just about all fights except ones where you can reset its cd fairly often, and the only one I can think of like that would be Brackenspore and Mar'Gok. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites