FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Garrison: Follower Missions

Is there any reason not to do a mission with a low chance of passing?

Do I lose the ability to do that mission in the future, or will I keep getting missions?

Is it possible to run out of missions if I do too many?

Usually, new missions become available as soon as you finish some, so you never really run out of missions. I mean, it's possible that you have sent followers out on 10 missions and that you currently have no "available" missions, but new ones will appear as soon as your current missions finish.

As far as I know, missions stay until you do them, so there shouldn't be a penalty for not doing them right away, except maybe that they'll get replaced by other missions. If you have no followers with the right traits or abilities for a mission and you don't think you're going to get a proper follower any time soon, then you should just send followers on this mission. Otherwise, just wait.

If the follower is so low level that their level is red, do they not get credit?

Will double check but one I saw (that failed) got nothing, even though failure usually results in xp gains.

If the follower is so low level that their level is red, do they not get credit?

Will double check but one I saw (that failed) got nothing, even though failure usually results in xp gains.

I guess I'm going to sacrifice a mission to check this tongue.png

So, I just succeeded a Level 95 missions with a Level 90 follower and got no experience.

Guest we7nerds

I experienced the same thing with my lvl 90 follower (no xp). I sent her along on a mission that was a 100% chance. How do I get her leveled if all my mission levels have passed her up? My lowest level mission is 94 and she shows up as red in it. 

I experienced the same thing with my lvl 90 follower (no xp). I sent her along on a mission that was a 100% chance. How do I get her leveled if all my mission levels have passed her up? My lowest level mission is 94 and she shows up as red in it.

New missions are given to you randomly, and they are chosen from a pool of missions that are appropriate for your followers, so you will always end up receiving a Level 90 mission, at some point.

Guest nervodyne

The manual of the Dance does have a purpose - when learned, it gives the trait 'counters Danger zones'. So don't give it to a follower that has danger zones countered, or it's useless. So you might want to update that. It's a handy technique to have!

The manual of the Dance does have a purpose - when learned, it gives the trait 'counters Danger zones'. So don't give it to a follower that has danger zones countered, or it's useless. So you might want to update that. It's a handy technique to have!

Indeed, thank you for pointing it out. On the beta, it wasn't teaching anything though, which is why the guide says that tongue.png I'll update now.

Guest gastra

if you get a level 100 from a quest or so,

when you level a follower from green to rare does it count towards "rasing the bar "

I assume you are asking if you have a green level 100 and then level them to rare then it counts towards the achievement?

Doubt it very much Gastra.

Does anyone know / confirm that missions will stay until you complete them?

I have quite a few "rare" missions that I don't want to attempt until I gear my followers a little better and increase the % chance a bit more (72% success is NOT in my favour ;))

I can't confirm the missions lasting, but I can confirm that getting a level 100 from a quest or buying the 100 contract does not count as leveling it to 100, along with making it go from Uncommon to Rare.

Guest Rima

Maybe add a more clear explanation regarding how u can upgrade ur followers ilvl or add a followers section maybe?

-is there a max ilvl for followers?!!!!

-u can keep spamming tokens until max ilvl?

-maybe a strategy on how to best lvl ur followers: tokens vs weaponry? spread tokens/weaponry or focus one follower?....

-

Guest Mamovisk

Started recently on WoD, if a follower fails on a mission what's the prejudice? Does he die permanently?

Maybe add a more clear explanation regarding how u can upgrade ur followers ilvl or add a followers section maybe?

-is there a max ilvl for followers?!!!!

-u can keep spamming tokens until max ilvl?

-maybe a strategy on how to best lvl ur followers: tokens vs weaponry? spread tokens/weaponry or focus one follower?....

-

I'm adding a section on how to gear up a follower.

Started recently on WoD, if a follower fails on a mission what's the prejudice? Does he die permanently?

Nothing happens, you just don't get the reward(s).

I've found the best strategy is to get a salvage yard, and do every mission you can possibly do, even if they're a low chance. If there is a mission with a really good reward, like an item upgrade you need, abrogator stones, or a seal of tempered fate then you should put your best followers on it for 100% chance, but after you assign the best followers to 2-3 missions with good rewards, just assign the rest of your followers to any and all missions with gold or XP rewards, the bonus isn't as important as the chance at salvage on those missions.

For gearing up followers there are two types of items that upgrade followers. the first type equips them with a weapon or armor of a certain ilvl, you want to use those on followers that are at the base 600 ilvl. then there are items which upgrade a followers armor or weapon by +3, +6, or +9. you want to use those on the followers that already have higher level gear.

Once you upgrade your first follower to 615 ilvl you'll start getting 615 missions, and then the same goes for 630ilvl, I'm not what the ilvl's are for new missions after that though. the maximum follower ilvl is 665 currently.

I've found the best strategy regarding higher ilvl missions is to upgrade one follower to 615 to start getting 615 missions in your journal, then save your upgrade tokens until need a particular follower to complete a 615 mission. eventually we'll all have all of our followers at 665, but for now what you need is just 4-5 followers with different sets of abilities all leveling together to 615, 630, 645, etc,

I've found the best strategy is to get a salvage yard, and do every mission you can possibly do, even if they're a low chance. If there is a mission with a really good reward, like an item upgrade you need, abrogator stones, or a seal of tempered fate then you should put your best followers on it for 100% chance, but after you assign the best followers to 2-3 missions with good rewards, just assign the rest of your followers to any and all missions with gold or XP rewards, the bonus isn't as important as the chance at salvage on those missions.

For gearing up followers there are two types of items that upgrade followers. the first type equips them with a weapon or armor of a certain ilvl, you want to use those on followers that are at the base 600 ilvl. then there are items which upgrade a followers armor or weapon by +3, +6, or +9. you want to use those on the followers that already have higher level gear.

Once you upgrade your first follower to 615 ilvl you'll start getting 615 missions, and then the same goes for 630ilvl, I'm not what the ilvl's are for new missions after that though. the maximum follower ilvl is 665 currently.

I've found the best strategy regarding higher ilvl missions is to upgrade one follower to 615 to start getting 615 missions in your journal, then save your upgrade tokens until need a particular follower to complete a 615 mission. eventually we'll all have all of our followers at 665, but for now what you need is just 4-5 followers with different sets of abilities all leveling together to 615, 630, 645, etc,

655 is the cap rather than 665, unless it's been raised recently.

Guest Yaeger@Lightbringer

I just recently leveled a follower to epic quality in terms of gear, her item level is 642.  I only have two other lvl 100 followers with an item level > 600, a 616 and a 609.

However, I recently got access to a ilvl 630 mission which would seem to contradict the 3 follower minimum of ilvl > 630.

I had heard through the grapevine that the threshold is only 2, but in my case given that I only have 1 follower > 630, maybe it's a bug introduced with this week's patch, nerf/hotfix, or there was always a % chance to get these missions depending on the iLvl as opposed to a hard cap.

Anyone else see anything similar?  Also as an aside, I have 12/20 followers at lvl 100 in case there might be some threshold there (i.e. 10/20 followers + someone with ilvl > 630?)

Thanks for sharing. I don't really know, to be honest. It also could be that there is a chance to get an item level 630 mission as soon s you have a follower with that item level, but that this chance is extremely low.

Guest Småfull
[...] They're raid missions for your followers that reward your character with raid quality loot of a tier higher than you're currently running. If you're doing LFR, you'll get normal quality raid loot, if you're running normal raids you'll get heroic quality loot, and heroic raiders will get mythic quality loot. Mythic raiders will get mythic loot and 1k gold.

Do I have to clear the whole raid (LFR/Normal/HC/Mythic), or a just a boss or two, or is it enougth to just have entred the raid?

Guest Cloudsong

I have 25 followers...but I am after the Commander Achievment. How do I go about recruiting the other 15? I mean, can I just go out and recruit 15 more or will I be unable to while I have 25 functioning followers? Do I need to somehow disable some of the existing 25 to recruit more? I've checked all over and can't find any info.

Guest corners

I just recently leveled a follower to epic quality in terms of gear, her item level is 642.  I only have two other lvl 100 followers with an item level > 600, a 616 and a 609.

However, I recently got access to a ilvl 630 mission which would seem to contradict the 3 follower minimum of ilvl > 630.

I had heard through the grapevine that the threshold is only 2, but in my case given that I only have 1 follower > 630, maybe it's a bug introduced with this week's patch, nerf/hotfix, or there was always a % chance to get these missions depending on the iLvl as opposed to a hard cap.

Anyone else see anything similar?  Also as an aside, I have 12/20 followers at lvl 100 in case there might be some threshold there (i.e. 10/20 followers + someone with ilvl > 630?)

Yup me 2. Ive got one follower at 651 and one more at 630, im already getting 645 quests. In fact i got the 645 quest before i ever got any 630 ones