FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Garrison: Fishing Shack

"The daily quest increases your Fishing skill by 1" should say 15

Are you sure? It was +1 on the beta.

Guest Jakathera

Now that El's Anglin has been down for a few months, is there any way Icy Veins can condense info that would've been at els and put it here?

Guest Winterherz

How do I assign a follower to a L2 Fishing Shack. None of my followers have the "skill" and I cannot seem to requisition one from the recruiter.

How do I assign a follower to a L2 Fishing Shack. None of my followers have the "skill" and I cannot seem to requisition one from the recruiter.

Nat Pagle is one of these. I'm not sure if there are other ones :)

Guest Nym

I have been able to have more than 5 lunkers in the past week. Not sure if this is intended but I will go with it tongue.png

Guest KatherineOfSky

I can confirm that you can have more than 5 of a specific type of luker in inventory.  Hit 8  Abyssal Gulper Lunkers.  Limit may be higher though.

Guest Starsoar

You can collect 5 of each lunker type and then take them to Nat Pagle at ur garrison. smile.png If you fish at your garrison using the bait that Nat can buff you with you can possibly fish up Lunarfall/Frostwall Carp, which can also drop on of Nat's coin, or a fishing rod, hat and other items.

Guest sylvantino

I got to 700, the recent nerfs to lures and baits to less than 5% being caught, and the ephemeral fishing rod now being 1%,  this entire exercise is one in which we are being punched in the face repeatedly.

1 If the drop rates are this ludicrous, then the requirements to be above 800 should be removed....why have something which is now nearly impossible to get? your no longer catching the ephemeral fishing pole, and lures such as worm extreme or sharpened hooks are simply not being caught to the point of being actually useful. which again is my point.

2 I am trying to get draenor anglers achievement, only to get punched in the face with trying to catch enormous fish,  using bright baubles because the rng bs is so bad! I have no choice...this means 775 which despite getting to 700 and earning every fishing level point as opposed to the dailies which give nothing but junk! I did not see the point.

3  Because of these nerfs, is not wiser to go into legion get to 800, and come back to draenor with that much higher fishing level, which may increase my chance to get the pitifully painful extremely low drop chance items to increase my fishing level to higher levels?

There are a number of people in a very similar situation as I am in.  How can increase my fishing level, when everything is extremely low chance of dropping when being fished?? what can i do to raise it beyond it's natural level of 700?  I am just 200 enormous fish away from being able to get the shack tier 3 but i fail to see how that can help me, when obviously the requirements to fish the items nat requires is well beyond my ability to fish..

Guest AnthroX

Just attach fishing nets to your naval fleet (can buy them from Talaran Jungle "daily quest" rep vendor.

What I did was:

Get at least 2 ships with 50% speed (Blood Elf / Night Elf crew)

Get fishing net and oil rig blueprint from Talaran Jungle rep vendor ( Vol'jin's Headhunters on horde side).

Put 2 fishing nets on your 2 fast ships and send them out on the oil rig quest every 4.5 hours.  Takes about a week or so and you get the Draenor Angler achievent without having to manually fish.