FORUMS
Damien

Basic Druid Deck

Guest Elena

My many thanks, guys -- I played this deck for all my (level 25-22:) games today without a single loss and I finished the Plague quarter of Naxxramas too!

I play Hearthstone since summer but not consistently and a lot of nuances are still fuzzy. I had particular troubles with my Druid deck -- it's like I could  feel the power of the character, but couldn't use it in full. With your explanations I see it better now.

I will definitely read everything here in relation with other troubles I'll meet in the game.

Thank you for your great help,

Elena

Just wanted to say a quick thank you for the write up. I had won and lost some games before finding this post, but was never quite sure how much of each win/loss was due to luck of the draw. It's been super helpful having some of the reasoning behind the choices explained. Knowing why a card is chosen will make it easier to figure out which cards to replace when I (hopefully) start getting a few of the specialty cards in the packs.

• Like 1

It's ok, without at least one Ogre I think you're a little low on big stuff to be able to drop on the board and intimidate your opponent though.

Guest Paradise

Hey man, absolutely love the way you write your guides up, so informative it's unreal, can tell you really care!

I haven't played druid before and really want to try. I have a lot of cards from opening packs, could you suggest a couple more upgrades? I've added in Sneed and Ragnaros for the Ironbark Protectors, the Sludge Belchers and the others suggested.

Thanks!

Basically, big high value Taunts work really well in Druid, so Belchers, Ancients of War, Sunwalkers etc. Ancients of Lore are hugely important to Druid if you have them as well.

Haunted Creeper or Robo-Cub is good in the 2-drop slots, Spider Tank, BGH, or Shade of Naxxramas are great in the 3-drop slot.

If you really do have access to quite a few cards, than you can have a stab at making this: https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/low-budget-ramp-druid-naxx-deck with your Sneeds and Rag inclusions instead of the Ironbarks.

Glad you're enjoying the guides!

I've enjoyed playing this deck and have been working through the opposing class expert decks. I stalled out against the Paladin deck, where the combination of small minions, divine shields, and stat reductions keeps ripping my large cards to pieces. I've tried to delay using those cards in hopes of drawing out the counters, but quickly end up in situations where I either play them or lose.

Am I doing this wrong, or should I consider replacing a large card or two with lower mana cards and draws?

Update: I was doing it wrong :).

Edited by flipper

Guest Zarast38

Hello there Sottle,

I have been playing only for a few days and used all your Basic decks to level up to 10 and to finish the campaign ...and I must say, your builds are amazing. Even without complete decks (using level 6-8 druids or paladin for example) I was able to climb the ranks quit easily up to 20...for now!

Great decks, great tactics summary a great swap discussions!

great job! smile.png

Guest VHN

A fantastic deck. Except for switching the ogres with 1xAzure and 1xMech-bear-cat, this deck gives constant wins in rank 14-15 (Currently on a 4-win streak), which is extremely good for a deck with 2 rares.

Guest Zeneth

Great deck, got me from 25 down to 19, using the Druid and Hunter. Just a question, is there I way I could swap some Booty Bay guys in there? Maybe replace Senjin?

Guest Hello

Is Wrath a good card? If so, what can i replace for it in this deck?

Guest Özgur

I am fan of this site due to the guidance given regarding Hearthstone. I noticed one thing that needs to be corrected regarding druid basic deck build when mentionining card omissions. I says moonfire deals 2 dmg when it says 1 dmg in the game. Which one is true? 

Guest Özgur

I am fan of this site due to the guidance given regarding Hearthstone. I noticed one thing that needs to be corrected regarding druid basic deck build when mentionining card omissions. I says moonfire deals 2 dmg when it says 1 dmg in the game. Which one is true?

Guest Mart

Nice deck, but the due to Dr. Boom, it is no longer viable even at Casual. There's no way to beat the raw card advantage it generates. I'm not sure this can be fixed for 'basic'...

Guest Xanthrax

First of all, thanks for the work put in the guides!

I have a question. I'm working with the basic deck. I replaced the claw cards for wrath cards and now just got my first Force of Nature. I was wondering what to replace for this card. In the 6 bracket we have Starfire and Boulderfist Ogre. The first one is great utility for killing dangers, so I'm leaning towards the Ogre. However, it's a great threat itself.

What do you advise?

I was wondering about deck improvement. I already added 2 Wrath cards in stead of Claw. Further I added a Azure Drake instead of a Gnomish Inventor. Now I received a single Force of Nature card. Should I enter that into this deck together with the Savage Roar cards or should I keep it out and just save it for if I have the cards to build a low or mid class deck?

And if I can enter it, what would be the suggestions to remove from it? My guess would be a Boulderfist Ogre for Force of Nature and maybe a Cleric and a Yeti for Savage Roar??

My problem with this is that it limits the amount of playable low and mid game minions to improve the late game. That could be a potential risk. Because of that I would say not to include it but build a new deck around it (low or mid budget). Is that the right way of thinking?

Yes, correct. You can't just slap the Druid combo in any old deck and expect it to be worthwhile, you need a deck that is built to take advantage of it. So now that you have some of the key components, you should set your sights on the low/medium budget Druid decks on the site that use the Combo and work towards those.

Guest Pestman88

I have both Druid of the Flame and Harvest Golem and I can't replace the Shattered Sun Cleric 4 times. So what would you advice to do?

Guest Esko666

would you recommend nourish in this deck? maybe instead of gnomish inventor?