FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Basic Shaman Deck

Guest Jay

Lost 8 games in a row with this deck in casual mode. Not worthy playing it.

You are playing it poorly than. I've been playing this deck for 5 days and easily reached Rank 19 then fell back to 20. In casual I win more than I lose. Even in friendlies vs. decks with multiple rares, epics I can usually hold my own or win.

Guest Trouble

Reached level 17 and 3 stars within 2 days, with this deck. Been playing Hearthstone for a week now, so yeah, im a noob :D

Guest z0rg

>I've been playing this deck for 5 days and easily reached Rank 19

I've reached rank 19  for 1 night with just random basic Warrior deck.

Guest meh

Lost 8 games in a row with this deck in casual mode. Not worthy playing it.

Agreed

Guest Frasmar

With this deck i get from 20 to 13 very gopod if well played

Guest Wymyk

Well the problem with this deck that it requires a basic understanding of card advantage. It's not "in face, in face, in face, win," like hunter or cheap warrior. It requires to control the field for few turns dealing hardly any damage to opponent to kill him then at once with bloodlust/stormwind champion, since it easy to deal over 20 damage with shaman.

Champion is extremally powerfull in shaman since, as long as you control the field, it's better than boom.

Please guys, read the explainations, do not copy useful decks blindly.

Spending a bit dust on crackles can be useful.
I got with this deck do rank 17 in 3 hours.

Guest Geck

This is the deck I try to recommend to new players.  Teaches the game well since there's good amounts of aggression as well as trading and knowing who/when to attack.  It is also a very rewarding deck with some exciting and fun plays.  Nothing beats surprising your opponent with a 15 damage Bloodlust play.

Guest omrisim

So I got alakir from a pack the other day and I wanted to ask: is there anything I can cut for it in this deck?

Guest m

So I got alakir from a pack the other day and I wanted to ask: is there anything I can cut for it in this deck?

Take one of the boulderfist ogres out

Guest Steve B

For the most part, I've found all the advice here extremely educational and the various basic decks very useful.  That said, this deck is probably the weakest of all the basic decks here, and extremely hard to win with any consistency.

The biggest problem is that it depends on spamming a bunch of weak minions to prepare for the upgrades later to allow them to be upgraded later.  But if you don't get those upgrade cards, it's pretty much useless.  I have a hell of a time establishing board presence  - most players can just pick off my weak drops in the first few turns, and by the time I'm at turn 4 or 5, there's nothing for me to boost, if I even have the boosting cards.

I found that adding some 1-drops to the deck helped a lot.  Zombie Chow seems essential, and Shieldbearer can buy you some valuable time.

The lack of any kind of AOE or indirect damage cards mean that decks with Blood Imp are pretty much an auto-win for your opponent, especially if played on turn 1, and the AOE of many other classes will probably wipe out your line of scrubs even if you do manage to get Bloodlust and can play it.  I have yet to be able to use Bloodlust with a line of more than 3 minions.

What you're left with are the standard "good" cards that everyone else will have in their deck (Yeti, etc.).  Maybe it's just a problem with budget shaman decks in general, but I don't have much fun at all playing with this one.

Yeah I mean cards you describe (Zombie Chow for early game, Lightning Storm for AoE etc) just aren't available in a Basic only deck. Obviously there are heavy restrictions on how you can build it, and I do state in the guides that some classes are better for Basic choices than others, but this is here if a brand new player does want to play Shaman.

Having said that, I do think Shaman does just fine. Fire Elemental is just SO powerful in a basic enviroment, that it's hard to find another card that competes with it. It's not easy to master the Shaman general strategy though, and you might find that you're making subtle mistakes that are leading you to have smaller boards than you should have, but it's hard to pinpoint these without seeing people play specifically.

• Like 1

Guest avradox

very useful deck, i made some changes and i won 4 matches a row. thank you very much!

Guest neorej

Would tuskar totemic and kvaldir raider be a good addition to the deck?

Tuskar totemic summons any random totem, which has synergy with cards like bloodlust and flametongue totem (which you can get with it too)

Kvaldir raider has gains +2/+2 for every time you use your hero power (which is used alot)

If it will, which cards should I replace it with? (I use the basic version of this deck)

Yes Totemic would be great, take out a Razorfen.

Kvaldir is not a good card, but it's better than the crappy 5s in the Basic Set, so you can put it in for a Frostwolf.

• Like 1

ok, another question: would pit fighter be better than frostwolf in this deck? (Because frostwolf can get silenced)

Edited by neorej

Would abusive sergeant be good in this deck? (you will probably have alot of totems on the board, so you could buff one of them with abusive to kill something off, or to get lethal)

Sorry for all the suggestions (hope you don't mind)

Would Earth Elemental be an OK swap in this deck? Low amount of BGHs or Black Knights around my rank seems to make it a reasonable addition