FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Arena Mage Tier Lists

Guest vexing

why is boulderfist ogre rank 2 and big time racketeer rank 4?
a 6/7 vs a 1/1 and 6/6 doesn't seem to be that much different, and the racketeer has bonuses: it's defense vs potion of polymorph or mirror entity, and it can combined with youthful brewmaster or such

14 hours ago, Guest Mutfi said:

The "Great" ranking part is put down below

Thanks for letting us know!

Guest argent commander

Is argent commander missing from the mage chart?

Guest Gilgamesh

Followed this guide, 4 games, 1 win, 3 losses LOL. I guess i am just a nobb huh?

11 hours ago, Guest Gilgamesh said:

Followed this guide, 4 games, 1 win, 3 losses LOL. I guess i am just a nobb huh?

Well, experience is important, especially in the arena.

But there are some other factors too:

One run doesn't say a lot - you can loose because you played badly, because you were unlucky, because your opponent had a better deck.

Draftingprocess is luck depenend too - you get to choose between 3 cards. If you are lucky, there is one great choice. Or there may be 3 poor choices. If you pick the "best" of a bad choice, it is still a bad card.

And last but not least: How "good" a card is changes with your draft. If you have many good late-game cards already, but no early drops, a halfway decent early drop will be a much better choice then another great late-game card. Because without early game you won't reach lategame. However, in this guide the great lategame card will have a better rating then a mediocre early drop.

Generally spoken I'd advice against arena until you have quite some experience with the game. When to trade, when to go face, what to pick / play.

Especially if you want to get most "value" of your gold you'll probably be off better by just buying packs.

If you just like to play arena go for it of course. You'll pay 150 gold, receive 1 pack + X. This X will be worth less then 50 gold in most cases, but if you got fun out of it the 50 gold are well spent.

(However, I guess you won't have much fun if you end with 0:3, 1:3 or 2:3 most of the time. Arena is great if you manage to get more wins then looses. Or if you have a horrible draft but still manage to get even. Or you just win game after game and before you know it you are at 7:0 and you realize: Hey, maybe 12 wins will be doable.  And the feeling if you are already at 11 wins and you realize: Hey, I just won this game, there is no way he can beat me, and then you see the enemy hero getting destroyed and you secured your 12th and final win!!!. That feels great! At least that's how I liked arena best, but that's just me)

Guest Gilgamesh
11 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

Well, experience is important, especially in the arena.

But there are some other factors too:

One run doesn't say a lot - you can loose because you played badly, because you were unlucky, because your opponent had a better deck.

Draftingprocess is luck depenend too - you get to choose between 3 cards. If you are lucky, there is one great choice. Or there may be 3 poor choices. If you pick the "best" of a bad choice, it is still a bad card.

And last but not least: How "good" a card is changes with your draft. If you have many good late-game cards already, but no early drops, a halfway decent early drop will be a much better choice then another great late-game card. Because without early game you won't reach lategame. However, in this guide the great lategame card will have a better rating then a mediocre early drop.

Generally spoken I'd advice against arena until you have quite some experience with the game. When to trade, when to go face, what to pick / play.

Especially if you want to get most "value" of your gold you'll probably be off better by just buying packs.

If you just like to play arena go for it of course. You'll pay 150 gold, receive 1 pack + X. This X will be worth less then 50 gold in most cases, but if you got fun out of it the 50 gold are well spent.

(However, I guess you won't have much fun if you end with 0:3, 1:3 or 2:3 most of the time. Arena is great if you manage to get more wins then looses. Or if you have a horrible draft but still manage to get even. Or you just win game after game and before you know it you are at 7:0 and you realize: Hey, maybe 12 wins will be doable.  And the feeling if you are already at 11 wins and you realize: Hey, I just won this game, there is no way he can beat me, and then you see the enemy hero getting destroyed and you secured your 12th and final win!!!. That feels great! At least that's how I liked arena best, but that's just me)

Wow there, i didn't expect such a decent answer. You deserve one too, so here it goes.

I am not an experienced player, not at all. Hearthstone may be the most time-demanding game i have ever played and i am a married man, got no such time for any game in my life. I have been playing it like for a year, 5-6 hours a week. I started playing with face hunter and in the new meta, i am grinding to be a better player with khadgar dragon mage+token druid. My rank is 17 and i can't seem to go higher at the moment. By the way, i don't have hundreds of dollars to buy gazillions of packs so i don't have all the necessary legenderies or epics i need. Got some of them but not all.

As for the arena; i know it is pretty important to learn the game mechanics and differant cards, as well as foreseeing your opponents deck but it is really time and money demanding. Besides, RNG and AI seems to be picking just your absolute nemesis for you. What i mean is; the one game that i won, i was goddamn lucky because he/she got the board clearing cards for my deck but i outcome cause i got two fireballs in me. If i didn't draw that fireball spells before i was dead for sure. For the other games, i didn't stand a chance. Not one bit. Got completely wrecked in turn 7 or 8.

Specifically for this guide; i followed it carefully. I searched every card in the list, picked the higher ranked ones or synergic cards for my deck. 

I can't be sure, may be i was just unlucky or i did it all wrong. All in all, it didn't work out for me.

Thanks for the answer. Peace out.