FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Arena Paladin Tier Lists

Why is antique heal bot so low but the pala healer so high tiered?

Because in arena the stats are more important, than the healing output: Guardian of kings 7 mana 5/6 vs Heal Bot 5 mana 3/3

Where would muster, quartermaster, and aldor peacekeeper fit in here?

They are already in the table.

Guest Guest

Blood Sailor slightly underrated(should be above average at least, probably good)

mad scientist is underrated.

dread corsair is super underrated. Terrible? WTF? that's one of the better choices for paladin.

Blood Sailor slightly underrated(should be above average at least, probably good)

mad scientist is underrated.

dread corsair is super underrated. Terrible? WTF? that's one of the better choices for paladin.

By Blood Sailor, I assume, you mean Bloodsail Raier. Whic get to the good category only, if you already have a weapon. However, without a weapon in your deck, that card is just a 2-3 and there are many better two drops stat-wise.

Mad Scientist is only amazing if you already have a secret in your deck, otherwise it's terrible stats.

Dread corsair again.. IF you have a weapon, it's ok, otherwise it's jsut going to be a 4 mana 3-3 which is Terrible!

Maybe you should also check this topic about how to use and interpret the spreadsheets: https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/arena-tier-lists

Just to add more clarity to the latter two.

Mad Scientist is weakest in Paladin out of all of the classes that have secrets. It cheats out the least Mana for you, since the Secrets cost 1, and the Paladin secrets are on the whole, pretty weak.

Dread Corsair is great in a deck that has 3+ Truesilvers, but otherwise, weapons like Light's Justice or Sword of Justice just turn it into an Ironfur Grizzly, which is reasonably weak card anyway. Not to mention that you must draw it on one of those turns that you have a weapon equipped, or have it sat dead in your hand until you draw a weapon.

• Like 1

Muster for Battle is missing. 

It isn't. Check the rare tab.

Because it's a 3 mana 2/3. You are very unlikely to get value out of it Arena in terms of it buffing a bunch of 1 attack dudes. Not to mention that 1 attack dudes are generally bad cards as well, so you're forced to fill your deck even further with garbage in the hope that you get the dream draw.

Guest Songbird

Why is enhance-o-mechano so low? And why is sea giant so high? Maybe my matches are from bizzaroland but I have always done better with enhance than sea giant

Why is enhance-o-mechano so low? And why is sea giant so high? Maybe my matches are from bizzaroland but I have always done better with enhance than sea giant

Sea Giant has synergy with Paladin's hero power, allowing you to play Sea Giant earlier than with any other class.

Enhance-o-Mechano relies on you having somewhat strong minions on board. Having multiple minions on boards usually means that you are winning, making Enhance-o-Mechano a winmore card. In arena, you usually want to have cards that are good when you are behind and Enhance-o-Mechano definitely odes not fall into that category.

Just to add to the above, Sea Giant is great in Arena in every class. It's very realistic to expect to be able to play it for 6-7 Mana, if not even better than that, which makes it an insane card.

• Like 1

Uncommon Patron

Love these tier lists (said it before, but I'll say it again)

I'm not locating Murloc Knight in your common listing nor Cobalt Guardian in the rare listing. Am I missing something?

Edited by Nicholberry

I'm not locating Murloc Knight in your common listing nor Cobalt Guardian in the rare listing. Am I missing something?

Murloc Knight is Tier 4 (Above Average) and Cobalt Guardian is Tier 7 (Bad)

Edited by positiv2

Murloc Knight should for sure be better than that though, I think that card took nearly everyone by surprise, i'll update soon.

Uncommon Patron

I'm still not seeing them in my list. Are you sure they're posted. 

I'm still not seeing them in my list. Are you sure they're posted. 

Yes, I see them. Try Ctrl+F. Rememver that Cobalt Guardian is in the Rare Tab and Murloc Knight in the Common Tab

Guest Michael

Why after playing Arena over 20 times, I have not gotten mage once as a choice, yet 2 out of every 3 times I play paladin, I face a mage?  Doesn't seem very random to me

Why after playing Arena over 20 times, I have not gotten mage once as a choice, yet 2 out of every 3 times I play paladin, I face a mage?  Doesn't seem very random to me

Actually, one in 3.3 thousand players don't get a certain class as a choice in 20 arena runs. You either were unlucky, or you are simply exaggerating.