Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kadill

Significance of buffs to Frost

3 posts in this topic

Just wanted to go ahead and ask, so I didn't have to go searching far and wide through the interwebs, how significant are the buffs to frost? Are they equal or greater than unholy in any aspect now? I know they were behind before, but I don't know by how much so it's hard for me to make an edjucated guess about how much difference these buffs will make.

Raid Results - Includes hotfixes up to 12-9-14, EXCEPT Hunter/Death Knight.

It'll be close, Unholy was about 5-7% ahead, they buffed the majority of our rotation by 7%, it will still be a little bit behind but I'm thinking less than a 1k difference.

2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Adjourner
      There are two variants for this build and depending on preference: Grim Scythe (stable dps) or the Devour (burst dps)
      Briggs' Wrath + Avarice Band+ Goldwrap + Boon of the Hoarder + Frailty Aura of Frailty +Life from Death creates a giant aura (that is almost the size of the screen) to pull all the enemies towards you, to paint an easy target for devastation.

Skills:
      Grim Scythe variant:
      Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe Corpse Lance Brittle Touch (single target burst) or Corpse Explosion Close Quarters (multi-target burst) Bone Armor Dislocation Blood Rush Potency Land of the Dead (I prefer Frozen Lands to stop goblin hoards) Frailty Aura of Frailty Devour variant:
      Devour Cannibalize Corpse Explosion Close Quarters Bone Armor Dislocation Blood Rush Metabolism (Speed) or Blood Rush Potency (Survivability) Land of the Dead Shallow Graves Frailty Aura of Frailty *Note: Corpse Lance isn't recommended for this build. Also this variant is better playing with a team is because it's a double edged sword, it's easy to have the flow stop when there aren't a good supply of elites coming your way and you will feel like you're dead in the water. However it is a choice for the Grim Scythe build due to the consistent damage that grim scythe itself can deal.
      Passives:
      Stand Alone Spreading Malediction Life from Death (Survivability) or Blood is Power (Additional CD reduction) Swift Harvesting (Grim Scythe) or Blood is Power (Devour) - Until the bugged Fueled by Death is fixed  
      Items:
      Weapon: In-geom
      Off-Hand: Leger's Disdain (grim scythe build) or Lost Time (speed)
      Set: Inarius's Conviction + Inarius's Martyrdom + Inarius's Perseverance + Inarius's Reticence + Inarius's Understanding + Inarius's Will
      Necklace: Wisdom of Kalan
      Belt: Goldwrap
      Ring #1: Krysbin's Sentence
      Ring #2: Avarice Band or Briggs' Wrath (whichever rolled better)
      *Note: For your items, I suggest getting additional gold/health glob pick up area to add to the passive affects that we're wanting to boost
      Kunai Cube:
      Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang
      Avarice Band or Briggs' Wrath (whichever wasn't rolled very well with)
      Aquila Cuirass or Grasps of Essence (depending if you're using corpse explosion - also note I suggest adding Flawless Royal Diamond to some sockets to add some resistance if you're giving up the damage reduction)
      Legendary Gems:
      Bane of the Trapped
      Boon of the Hoarder
      Gogok of Swiftness (Grim Scythe) or Wreath of Lightning (Speed)
      Gems:
      Helm: Flawless Royal Diamond
      Everywhere Else: Flawless Royal Diamond (Survivability) or Flawless Royal Topaz (Damage)

Rotations:
      Grim Scythe variant:
      Keeping Bone Armor on cooldown, this is the most important thing for this build to work because of the damage reduction and damage boost you get for the set bonus Corpse Lance/Corpse Explosion is used against the champions, rares and uniques. Land of the Dead will be used when during large encounters/boss fights. Blood Rush will be used for traveling/utility (especially when In-geom is procced). Grim Scythe will be used in all other cases. Devour variant:
      Bone Armor (keeping on cooldown), to get things started. Land of the Dead to start building your momentum when your 1st elite pack shows up. Corpse Explosion  you'll be using as your main point of dps because you'll be dragging everything on the screen towards you, piling towards the center to deliver devastating splash damage. Blood Rush + Devour in sync will be used as your movement utility, which during your In-geom proccing will make Devour almost needed because of how quick you'll be moving and how quickly your health will drain. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Reference for a standard ancient only build: https://www.d3planner.com/236420675
      Reference for a perfected build: https://www.d3planner.com/376141709

• By FrostyJack
      Hello!
      My main is a Frost Mage (item level 914) and im doing pitiful dps. I dont know what im doing wrong: I've read all the guides, watched all the good mage's streams and i still being the worst frost mage. PLEASE, I really need your help to understand what im doing wrong!
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/gallywix/jackpenguin
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/23767476/13#difficulty=4&class=Mage&spec=Frost&metric=dps&boss=2032
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/23767476
    • By Madshot789
      <Disturbed> - Zul'jin - 3 nights/week - Semi-Hardcore
      Progression: Normal (9/9) Heroic (8/9)
      http://www.disturbedguild.com/
      Raid Schedule:
      Wednesday - 8:00 PM EST - 11:00 PM EST
      Thursday - 8:00 PM EST - 11:00 PM EST
      Monday - 8:00 PM EST - 11:00 PM EST
      Holidays will be rescheduled. 
      Current Recruitment Needs:
      • DPS
      • Hunter
      • Warlock
      • Arms Warrior
      All classes will be considered.
      Server Information:
      Zul'jin (PvE)
      Ruin Battlegroup
      Chicago Datacenter
      Eastern Realm Time
      In-game contacts:
      Madness (Madness#12309)
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.

If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 910~ ilvl
      - 52+ traits.
      - 8 or more mythic kills in NH.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made..
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Balance.
      Hunter: Open.
      Mage: Open.
      Warlock: Open.
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By Anastian
      Hello i seem to be doing pretty low dmg for my ilvl and gear and im really not sure why as i have been following guides and rotations properly it seems. so im just kinda dumbfounded as why my dmg is so low compared to other frost mages around me.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/15029458