JBCastello

DPS questions

Sign in to follow this  

3 posts in this topic

Hi, alittle bit of background, I'm not a hardcore player, nor have I ever been.  But I always look to try to succeed, or excel in anything I play so trying to improve any ways I can.

So to start off. my ilvl for gladiator 643 and I one of my trinkets is

Pillar of Earth which gives
+579 Stamina
+134 Versitility
+134 Bonus Armor

Then my ilvl for fury is 642, the difference being I have a trinket that gives

+159 Strength
+159 Multistrike

and instead of an ilvl 636 shield I have an ilvl 630 weapon

I have 2 clips, both about 1 minute in length if yall wouldn't mind watching if it helps you see my rotation asnd stuff. sorry for the hard to read recount. The fury starts high, drops low, then hovers around 12k. the Gladiator i cut REAL short because I kept messing up and starts when i hit about 14k and goes up to around 14.5 and hovers there for another acouple of minutes (not in clip)

http://plays.tv/video/54892a933c53750065

http://plays.tv/video/54892c2840bec1aec0

For this next part I really don't have an idea how the difficulty changes from level to level in raids minus mechanics in some stages and damage output/health, not sure if the bosses get more resistant and what not.

So guild and I ran normal highmaul (this was before the hotfix that came out recently) I was running around 15-16k on most bosses except for the last, the last boss ranged from 13.8k-15k, which is not great.

The next morning (Tuesday after hotfixes and LFR released) I decided I was going to work on my rotations, read some guides and hope to improve, also used the time to practice on dummies.  On the Dummies out front of the garrison I can do about 14.5k in gladiator, and about 12k in fury.

A group of friends and myself decided to run LFR cuz, why not we're pretty geared, we know the fights and we can always use more gear!  So in we hop, and I wanted to try out Fury to see how it performs. So I'm in Fury for Kargath (note: I don't go up in the stands) and I pulled about 16.5k which was top 7 on the board, I was pretty impressed.  For the butcher I was going to switch to Gladiator, but they pulled as I was switching, no biggie, and did about 16k again. 

For the last fight against Brackenspore I did switch to gladiator and, I just kinda slapped the boss alot, tanks pulled the adds towards the boss.  and My DPS jumped to 21k.  I'm not sure if the jump was so significant due to the cleaving heroic strike paired with my bloodbath/dragonroar since the adds were close to the boss. but I was happy, I ran with my guilds Raid Leader, and one of our Main tanks (who is a warrior) and they were highly impressed! they both were DPS this time round and pulled about 17k.  

So that night I'm back in the raid, Normal difficulty again. I decide to stick with gladiator because of the DPS increase I had earlier in the day.  Overall I think i averaged about 16k (all bosses + some trash)  I think for most of the bosses I ranged from 15k-17k except for Mar'gok.... I was having issues with him dropping to where I was the first hovering around 13.8k-15k again... and we whiped a few times due to whatever, so I decided to give fury acouple tries to see if I could improve my DPS to try to get it done.  I ended up running fury in 2 runs and my DPS was 13.5k-15k, so about the same as gladiator.

I KNOW I need to get my crit % up, working on that now.

Now basically, I have a few questions:
1. My gladiator rotation starts with charging in poppin my bloodbath/berserker rage/ shield charge and then shieldslam/revenge/ and then devastate/heroic strike once I get my unyielding strikes up. I need to get better at keeping track of my rage, and my enraged buff.  Are there any good addons/rage bars that I can use? I've looked and haven't found many that are clean and basic, I'm not looking for anything super flashy. Just want to be able to easily keep track of all that stuff and maybe my key cooldowns a bit more centrally.

2. For Fury my rotation is similar, charge in, bloodbath/berserker rage/recklessness  Siegebreaker, bloodthirst, raging blow when proc'd, wildstrike when proc'd or when high in rage, and execute when that procs.  I also need to do a better job of maintaining my rage here so mod will help here too. I feel like if I do end up low on rage, or I'm not enraging I feel like theres not much I can do. In the last test I did on dummies I went through 5 straight bloodthirsts without getting a crit and enraging, there was nothing I could do minus like 2 raging blows to keep my rage from capping and my DPS dropped significantly.  Anything I'm missing? I feel my DPS drops too much.

Edited by JBCastello

I can't speak on the fury part, but for gladiator get rid of that pillar of earth trinket for a strength trinket. The fact that bonus armor gives attack power is key for Gladiators. But more importantly you want trinkets with both strength AND bonus armor so you can doubledip and get attack power from both. You'd gain more damage from the second trinket you talked about as Gladiator because it has more strength as well as multistrike (versatility is poop until later tiers most likely).

For managing rage/procs/cds I would personally recommend my weakauras, cause that's what I use and it's served me very well.

As far as your dps on Brackenspore, it was almost definitely due to cleaving as well as standing in blue mushrooms for the haste buff.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bowsersfury
      Hello, 
      I am concerned that I am severely under performing as a fury warrior. I can manage to parse typically in the 80s for almost every fight in heroic ToS with a few exceptions: Mistress, Host, Avatar. I'm currently 933 equipped and I'm not at all concerned about my stats... I know I should and could be parsing in the 90s. But I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. 

My opener looks something like this: Charge, Pop Moonglaives trinket, Pop all CDS, Raging Blow, Oden's Fury, Rampage, then start normal priority rotation: Enraged RB>100 rage Rampage>RB>BT>FS. 

I have recently discovered that I have been doing my execute phase entirely wrong. I just went and tried first two bosses of heroic ToS again. Parses went up slightly... Goroth: 83->89, Inquis:84->90 but still not where I need to be. 
      Another think I'd like to mention is that I try to prioritize Enraged RB @100 rage before hitting rampage. According to Kelade (one of top fury warriors in US), this is 100k dps difference. Although at times I find myself in an awkward situation where I'm at 100 rage with RB on CD and I literally have to wait a whole global to hit it... I'd like to know how to make that stop lol. 

Last issue I'd like to bring up is this: Most of the time not all my CDs will line up perfectly together... BC, glaives, OF will be up but Avatar will be down. I'm slightly confused about when to use All/some of my cds... especially on fights like heroic KJ. Fights like Harj and Miss I'm confused about if I should hold all my cds for adds or blow them in the beginning along with prepot... I feel like prepot is a total waste without cds...

Below you will find the link to my armory and logs. Please Help me. I need to be parsing much higher than I am. My guild is doing mythic and I don't want to be the one holding us back.  

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/stormrage/bòwser
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/26903184
    • By Wierra
      Hi, so I'd like to think that have got the fury rotation down, I've been using the Icy veins guide and some pointers from MMO-Champion. I don't think I have any big issues apart from the BC with CoF trinket, like if it's worth waiting for other cooldowns like OF to be up with BC, that's my main question. 
      So I have linked my logs for some PuG raiding the other week, so if someone is up for the task of analyzing them for me, that'd be great. Sorry if my sentences are wrong or weird, I'm really hungover... 

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/silvermoon/wierra
      Log Normal ToS: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WzPkRG2HXnrv8qwb#source=13&fight=1&view=analytical&type=damage-done
      ( In Goroth Normal, you will see some downtime in the middle of the fight. I got disconnected that is the answer:/ )
      Log Heroic ToS: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1R3Gya6VCTJFYtfm#source=11&type=damage-done

Thanks, this is my first post here so if I'm missing anything please comment! :)
    • By Zakalwei
      Hi all,
      I've recently come back to my Warrior and have gone the Fury route. Over the last couple of weeks I've managed to scrape together some gear and AP to where I can raid again.
      I think I've got the basics down but my DPS seems quite rubbish :( Is someone able to give me some pointers to work on please? I've only just gotten my 2PC last night so this may help somewhat, unfortunately I don't have a CoF and not sure I'll get one given everyone is focusing on ToS now.
      Armory is here: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/khazgoroth/euthenize
      Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/h4gzjHAvK7PfxWcr
      Starting to learn the fights better now, but one thing that immediately jumped out at me is my terrible enrage uptime? Is this the source of my woes?
    • By BashBullAvy
      Hi,
      with 7.2.5 there are many changes between the specs (Arms & Fury) and i would like to know which of them is your favored choice against the current content.

Some Calculations would be nice or some explanations Why which spec is the next Raid spec :)

Kind regards, BashBull 

• By Nesmuricus
      Hello y'all, 
      So I'll cut right to the chase. I feel like I'm under performing. Or I could be doing just fine with my current gear/stats (SimCraft may have given me unrealistic expectations).
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/malganis/veinsplitter
      I have decent stats, draught and convergence, and my 4 piece. These are all on the lower side, so I think that would be one way to improve my DPS, but that's not what I'm here for. I ran a Sim today and it states that under ideal conditions and a perfect run, I should be doing around 900k, with an initial burst of 1.7k, and a couple peaks around a mil. I don't see these numbers, especially the peaks of 1 mil, while I run though, which leads me to my original point of me thinking I'm doing something wrong.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zfyq3C6JkFvngHVt#fight=6&view=rankings Heroic Krosus
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/CygxKrJPNhfz82dB#view=rankings Heroic Guldan
      One thing someone will probably point out is that I wasn't using pre-pots on either of those. That'll change in the future. 

My rotation is based off of the Fury Discord guide.
      Opener - Charge/BT/BC/Rampage/Drought/RB
      I'll usually then BT or Rampage based on rage, OF, and then go into a priority system of Enraged RB > BT > FS > RB
      Rampage at 100 rage.

At execute phase, my execute rotation is:
      Execute/FS/BT in that order to keep myself at 100 rage for Frothing. While this is what the Fury Discord states, I tend to not get a ton of Execute damage on the boss and feel this is one area I could be doing something wrong.

On add fights, I know that I don't incorporate Whirlwind enough into my rotation, and that's something I need to be a bit mindful of. But after I burst, I tend to drop down at a steady rate. I don't usually see my DPS jump back up unless I Drought (which makes sense), but when I'm doing my standard rotation I can't keep my numbers up. Krosus should be a straight forward fight, but if you look at the logs, my dps drops to around 500k. Am I screwing something up? Or am I pulling comparable DPS to a fury warrior with 897 ilvl. 
      Thank you all for any help you can provide to me. I greatly appreciate it. I just want to bring honor and glory to all of my warrior brethren out there.