Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Legendary Shaman Midrange GvG

26 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Legendary Shaman Midrange Deck for GvG.

You mention Bloodmage thalnos in the article but he's not in the final list. What would you cut for him if you still recommend running him?

Sorry, that paragraph was a remnant from the old Midrange Shaman guide, the reference to Bloodmage has been removed now.

What would be a good replacement for Neptulon? My list of late game legendaries includes Ragnaros, Alex, Sneed's, Sylvanas or TBK. I have most of the good constructed neutrals as well including faceless, bgh, jeeves, etc.

Do you think sludge belcher can be a viable swap for Antique heal bot if you are facing a lot of aggro?

Healbot is better, you already play a decent amount of taunt with the Argus, and the issue with Shaman is that they often just end up dying to burst from the hand like Kill Command.

What card can I remove to put Ragnaros? That's because I want all elemental lords in the deck ^^! Without the earth one because it was not yet released in Hearthstone ofc XD

Built this deck today and have a 7 win streak going. Great explanations for everything, got a lot of good info to up my game. Thanks!

Someone brought up today that in ladder harrison jones is played often and doom hammer can be a liability. Thoughts?

i have everything except Al'Akir... what could be a good replacement for him? i got Rag, Ysera, Dr. Boom and an extra Doom Hammer. I am leaning towards Rag/Boom, but i get the idea of the windfury on Al'Akir. so suggestions? smile.png

Someone brought up today that in ladder harrison jones is played often and doom hammer can be a liability. Thoughts?

Yeah, this is a serious concern. If you are encountering a lot of Harrison, you can cut Doomhammer for Dr. Boom.

I would favour another card that is less likely to be dead in your hand, Dr. Boom, Ragnaros, Sylvanas, Kel'Thuzad etc. Just another big finisher card.

I found the following typo in the strategy section ("Powermace" in place of "Doomhammer"): "getting your Powermace destroyed by Harrison is much less devastating than losing your Powermace."

Also, the full-budget version of the deck was heavily updated on 30 December 2014, but the low-budget one was not, and the update is not recorded on the "Shaman decks" page.

sadly in Feb this deck really sucks please vote up stats of 40% speak the truth you have to have a good early game the cards in a 20 game streak never came out for me there aren't enough good starters earth shock is useless as silence on an early game card is usless most people platy 2/2 or 2/3 or 3/2 turn on turn 2 so having earth shock is useless until mid game. Why would you mulligan for it?

Rockbiter causes you 3 damage crackle never appears had it 2 time in 20 rolls most games to turn 7 when I run out of cards

Hex is another late game card and annoy-o-tron is easily killed by clerics while they put their 3-2 on the board leaving you with earth shock in your hand....

I doubt someone got to legend with this deck if they did chapeau it was pure luck.

"earth shock is useless as silence on an early game card is usless most people platy 2/2 or 2/3 or 3/2 turn on turn 2 so having earth shock is useless until mid game. Why would you mulligan for it?"

Haunted Creeper, Leper Gnome, Webspinner, Annoy-o-tron, Clockwork Gnome, Mechwarper, Shall I continue?

"Rockbiter causes you 3 damage crackle never appears had it 2 time in 20 rolls most games to turn 7 when I run out of cards"

If you think taking damage to your hero make a card bad, I guess every weapon in the game is useless? And how is it the deck's fault you don't draw Crackle?

"Hex is another late game card and annoy-o-tron is easily killed by clerics while they put their 3-2 on the board leaving you with earth shock in your hand...."

So Annoy-o-Tron matching up poorly against one specific card in one specific matchup makes the deck bad? Gotcha. Hex is another late-game card? Firstly, no, it's a removal card, that can be used at various points in the game, Secondly, what does that even mean? Is that a bad thing? Is late-game bad?

"I doubt someone got to legend with this deck if they did chapeau it was pure luck."

Doubt away.

Sorry, I'm used to the odd person misunderstanding, or playing decks badly, and just deciding to come over and call them terrible. But this post was so particularly nonsensical that it deserved special attention.

1 person likes this

My dust will only allow me to make on legendarie. Neptulor or Al'Akir?

Thanks by the way, great deck!

I feel like there has to be a decent Shaman Murloc deck since the release of Neptulon? I don't know if anyone is doing Murloc decks anymore or if they even work in the current meta (i doubt it) but i feel like the synergy is decent with Neptulon, with a deck of at 5-6 Murlocs with doomhammer & removal spells (Earth shock, rockbitter, crackle lightning storm). thoughts?

Edited by KevinGarnett

Murlocs are just completely outclassed by Mechs at this point so you don't see it. Neptulon is just good enough to play in a non-Murloc deck anyway.

Hi, thank you for your help. I really like this deck but I don't have Al'Akir... I use Doomhammer instead but I don't know if it's worth it. Can u help me pls ?

I'm having a hard time hunter early game pressure, no matter how much removel I seem to throw out they kill me before I can get any board control... any thoughts? Stuck at 8-10 almost pure hunters

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym

A new mini-series of funny shorts has started, and we already have 2 episodes out! Mulligans sees an ordinary guy complete the quests that everyday life throws his way with the help of some unusual friends: Uther, Jaina, and Gul’dan. See them battle printer problems and who gets to ride shotgun in the first two episodes:

• By L0rinda

The Europe Spring Playoffs and Championship took place over the weekend of May 20-21, which decided not only the new Europe Champion, but also the four players who would represent Europe at the Global Spring Championship in Shanghai next month.
      After seven rounds of Swiss, the top eight players cut to a knockout phase. The results of which were as follows:
        Hoej beat   FibEli3
        Neirea beat   INER
        Rdu beat   Casie
        Kolento beat   StanCifka
      This means that Hoej, Neirea, Rdu, and Kolento will represent Europe in the Global Championship. The top eight being so strong is a sign that the metagame is in a healthy place. All of the players were already known to be among the best in Europe, and despite their lineups differing substantially, they were still able to make it through.
      Hoej went on to take the title, beating Kolento 3-0 in the final. Hoej has been touted as one of the best players in Europe for some time, but traditionally has brought Control decks to major events. This time around, he brought a very aggressive lineup, and was rewarded for his willingness to adapt his style to the meta.
      The deck archetypes that each player brought to the event are listed below:
      Hoej: Aggro Druid, Secret Mage, Murloc Paladin, Pirate Warrior
      Kolento: Jade Druid, Midrange Paladin, Quest Rogue, Quest Warrior
      Neirea: Jade Druid, Discover Mage, Quest Rogue, Quest Warrior
      Rdu: Aggro Druid, Face Hunter, Aggro Shaman, Pirate Warrior
      The next four players to qualify for the Global Championship will be decided next week, with the Americas Spring Championships.
    • By kaoswielder
      Hi everyone

I won't pretend to be a veteran or a very good player because I am not either one of them (I don't raid or push Mythic+). But I've played rpg/arpg for around 15 years now on PC and have 7 lvl 110s. So I am somewhat not idiot when it comes to playing a class. However with an Enh Shaman, I am feeling like one. This class feels paper thin to play and damage seems exactly meh. Let me explain a bit more. 

I have a Frost DK, Sin Rogue, Havoc DH and a Ret Pally as melee. I felt confident while playing them that I can take on enemies and not die even if I pulled more than one. But when playing this Enh Shaman, I've died multiple times trying to do so. Not only that, it feels that a !@#$ty lvl 106 mob (same level as me) does more dmg per hit than I do. And mind you, this is not during dungeons but normal leveling. I've never felt this weak while playing any of my melee characters. I tried doing a Legion invasion to quickly level up and died basically half a dozen time doing every single invasion quest. I can't being to explain how frustrating that is.

Not only this, but damage wise every skill seems just not upto the mark when compared to other classes. My resource generator (Rockbiter) is a hand cramp inducing skill and I have to spam it a lot to generate Maelstrom which my other spenders just chew through. I get Stormbringer proc but its very few and far between and doesn't seem very effective even when it does. Isn't it supposed to be a nuke skill ?

I suppose this could be because of low points in my artifact and low level gear but I had the same situation on my other characters and it never felt bad like this is. I am losing my interest to play this class at all and no matter what rotation or build I try out, it is always the same result. I pull one enemy and then after killing it I spend my entire resource just to heal up.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong and if it gets better at higher levels or if next patch improves our situation.
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/saurfang/jhadphoonk

Thanks and have a nice day y'all
    • By PinkLuigi
      I know shamans are kinda messed up right now, what else is new.
      But I'm up to 900 and my already underwhelming DPS has seen no significant increase. I'm pretty sure it's tied to my low haste rating, but I'd like to make sure and see if it's just that or something else I can work to change.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/tichondrius/nimbonya

I'll Sim around 760k, This week I got 630k on Krosus, going up to 900k on Skorp and Tich.
      I feel like this is all far too low, one of our top dps is a warlock at i897 and often easily goes 900k and up just on single target.
      I could really use some help figuring out what I've done wrong and what I could improve.

My usual priority rotation works as follows:
      >Maintain Landslide/Flametongue/Hailstorm
      >Doom winds when off CD and Stormbringer proc'd.
      >Stormstrike when proc'd
      >LavaLash when proc'd
      >Stormstrike when off CD
      >Lavalash when 90+ Maelstrom
      >Rockbiter when -90 Maelstrom
      Feral Spirit-Crash Lightning combo and Doom Winds I'll sometimes delay if there's an add/burn phase, and I have a habit of refreshing Flametongue and Hailstorm on CD if I don't have any procs. I'll also occasionally mismanage Maelstrom and need to do 2-3 Rockbiters to get back up to speed.

My opener consists of: Prolonged Power>Feral Spirit>Rockbiter>Crash Lightning>Flametongue>Frostbrand>Stormstrike
    • By L0rinda

The Hearthstone Championship Tour (HCT) European Spring Playoffs will take place this weekend, 20-21 May 2017.
      This will be the first playoff event since Journey to Un'Goro was released, and so if anyone has saved any surprise deck tech, this is the event where it will be revealed.
      The top 64 point earners, and ties, from the EU server will be joined by 8 Tavern Hero tournament qualifiers for the event, which will be played in esports bars across Europe. If you want to attend one of the events to cheer on your local favourite, the list of locations can be found here. There will be side events for anyone wishing to attend, with Blizzard prizes available for winners, and the Power Core cardback for all attendees.
      The point standings, showing the top 64, can be found here. As usual the event is stacked with many of the big names from the region. The top four will advance to the HCT Spring Global finals next month.