Karvamaha

Really confused from holy

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

So we were doing Kargath HC with my guild as 10man and I healed it with rDruid.

The exact moment I was left alone to ground/sent up to heal people just literally started melting and wiping. My hps was like under a DK tank, I don't have any logs from it sadly.

I was keeping renew up on every 5 target and used CoH on cooldown(using aoe chakra) and even when I was spamming flash heal it wasn't enough. I changed to disc and same happened also (647 equipped disc gear, new to holy spec), eventually we got that down and progressed to tectus but it was still bothering me like ALOT. Soo what should I do different and how I should prioritize my healing spells, should I be 24/7 using 2stack serentipied heal, or what? Is holy's hps all from multistrike and is it all of my lowish multisrtikes fault to not being able to keep ppl alive?

Here is link for my armory, all the gear having crit sockets or crit enchants were socketed and with lower quality multistrike gems and enchanted with cheaper multistrike enchants.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/xavius/Karvamaha/advanced

And also how much multistrike & haste are valued compared for int for example? I have few higher itemlevel gear for disc spec and they are like giving crit mastery or crit and X and in every time also more int, so should I stick with these that I have or should I go for the more int and more not so highly prioritized stats for holy. ( yeah had not readed that new stat prio for disc is mastery but i've gotten through with some kind of succession (:   )

Thanks in advance

Edited by Karvamaha

Honestly, it sounds like people are taking way too much unnecessary damage if people are melting on Kargath. People should only die in that fight if they are too slow at moving with the Berserker Rush or they move too slowly out of the Fire Pillar. And then its not your fault. I myself am 7/7 Normal and 6/7 HC as Holy, and Kargath is one of the fights where I have the least to do.

Seeing as you only are two healers, and one guy is going up to the stands, your job at the point is to keep the tank up and throw out renews to DPS taking damage and CoH if multiple people are taking damage. Using PoH will be pretty useless since people tend to spread out on that fight, so i'd disregard that. PoH requires the groups are setup properly and that you are stacked. Remember to use PWS even as Holy if you are the only Priest there. It is very good for it's cost. I dont use PoM all that much, but it is still a good tool, so keep that up aswell.

Lets say shit hits the fan, you have some options. Lets say the entire raid is taking damage including the tank and you know Renew+CoH wont cut it. Then you should use your Power Infusion, HW:S the tank use 2 flash heals and 1 Heal to quickly heal him up. After that if the raid still are very low you should Hymn. You can also Guardian Spirit the tank and flash heal him up and then proceed to top off the raid. Just remember everytime you have to resort to topping people up with Flash Heal especially multiple people you will suffer hard in the mana department.

Knowing the encounter and when heavy damage is incoming will also help you in regards to throwing out renews before damage instances occur or when they are just about to occur. But you having done Kargath on Normal you probably already know it.

Anyways, my advice to you, seeing as you are two man healing it, that you should go disc. It is in my opinion the strongest spec, only rivaled by Holy when heavy damage are inc and people need to be topped off. But you already have a resto druid, who should take care of the raid and also Tranq if such occurs.

In regards to stats i'll leave it to the other guys. But Multistrike+Haste is your priorities. At your gear level I would not neglect ilvl upgrades to keep those stats though.

Edited by Bobbyjensen6000
  • Like 1

Thanks from your input. Me and our resto druid reasoned, that I should be holy because we are 2-man healingg because as disc it's very hard to top off people atleast what I've experienced. But I will concider going back to disc.

Ask your RL to organize the groups so that you can use PoH effectively as well. I allways put the "hurl"-group with 1 tank, 1 healer and 3 dps. Then I try to get a melee group (with that second tank) and a ranged group (we usually raid with 12-15 ppl).

Using 2 healers when 12-13, otherwise we have used 3 healers... but thats more for safety, should not be a problem to have 2 healers even with 15 players imo. But if your team is taking alot of extra damage then having that 3rd healer is the only thing saving you :)

Havent done it as holy yet, only disc. But having groups organized is high prio when content is new and an easy way to get more HPS out to raid.

As Bobby said, if people are melting they're either standing in fire, standing in poison, or standing in Kargath's punches. Any of those three actions isn't your fault. I go up as holy and if your group stands in the bombs or runs opposite of the tank, it gets hairy. I have the tank and an ele shaman go one way, and two hunters go the other way on Chain Hurl, and I run back and forth keeping them up. Shaman can help heal a bit, and the hunters can disengage, feign death, deterence and what not to stay alive until I'm there, but then I need to get back to the tanks. It was hard starting out, but now I'm used to it and know when damage will be taken.

Another thing I use is the Glyph of Binding Heal, allowing me to heal 2 people, then I use a 2x serenity heal on someone lower. I only ever use PoH with 2x serenity, and Power Infusion active. Otherwise it's just so much mana and it's so slow.

I'm a big believer in always having a disc priest as bubbles are amazing, and the golden bubble is equally amazing. And AA proccing to give PoH/FH a guaranteed crit = guarentted DA is once again superb. Though, they aren't too hot with healing more than 1 person at a time.

And, as HummingBird said, it is very important for the groups to be organised, had a RL once have magic ranged in 1 group, hunters in another, melee dps in one, tanks in another, and healers in another. I didn't stay too long as he refused to move people as "his priest never cared"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Brerathiel
      As the title suggests - I think it's time that we discuss our Beacon(s) and their place in the current 'meta'.
      Most of you will probably not agree with me but I feel like there's a very limited impact to beacon currently. When Legion was first announced I was thrilled at the prospect of tanks losing the 'I am a wall of iron....' and becoming more dependent on their healers again. And I say this despite playing a Guardian Druid for most of WoD with raiding Mythic throughout the expansion.
      Once more it was going to be down to your healers to keep you level and you would focus primarily on smoothing out the damage intake while still picking up adds, tank swaps, controlling pace, positioning etc. (the list goes on and on obviously!). Healing yourself was no longer to be your responsibility!
      Currently it feels like we've moved too far away from that again. Now this - of course, being an issue not only for paladins but an overall issue with the current state of tanking.
      But I digress.... The reason why I feel Beacon needs to be reworked slightly is because currently beacon is having a very minor effective healing vs the overhealing it 'provides'. I've heard several arguments for this. Some feel that 'it is free overhealing so why should we care?' but I lean to the side of: What is the point of having a spell, which is undoubtedly one of our core abilities, that have such a low impact?
      I feel like some tuning is in order for it. Maybe rework what it actually does? Tuning overall healing throughput of tanks?
      Rework our mastery to be more interactive with throughput in relation to beacons?
      I can't really offer any substantial solutions to the problem but I still feel that it is, in fact, a problem.
      What are your thoughts on this? Has Blizzard dug themselves into a hole again with the current state of tanking or could a rework of the Beacon sort the issue so that it feels that Holy Paladins are once more the Go-To 'Tank Healer' with a more impactful kit? 
    • By Zabimaru
      I have been trying to switch over to a holy pally to help my guild with progression. In under a week I have been able to get my ilvl up to 891. However, my guild is complaining that I don't have the numbers that the other healers do even though I explain to them I only have 2 aoe heals and one of them is on a 3 min cooldown since I use Aura of Sacrifice. I am using Holy Shock on cooldown, but I don't cast it if everyone is as full health, and since I am near the melee, I focus on the tanks and them, but I will still throw a Flash of Light, unless I get the proc from a Holy Shok crit, to ranged and other healers. I have started using Flash over the regular heal just to get them out faster, I have the legendary cloak so I will weave in Light of the Matyr after using a Light of Dawn since it can crit for over 1 mil, but I don't use it that often since I am using Aura of Sacrifice. I am getting tired of them telling me my numbers are low, but unlike some of the dps that tunnels bosses, I actually do mechanics, and I tend to not die as much as other dps and healers. I have been trying to get as much crit as I can for Holy Shock, but not sure if I should even go that route anymore. Any help on rotation would be much appreciated since I have abandoned my 900 warlock to help my guild with mythic progression, but again, they are only focused on numbers and since I only heal tanks and melee and not everyone all the time, my numbers are lower and they can't seem to understand that.
      Here is my current armory link
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/demon-soul/Zabamaru/simple
    • By Reji
      Introdution:
      <Turkeyism> is a (7/7M EN) (2/3M ToV) (3/10M NH) weekend raiding guild on Stormrage US. Our guild was originally formed in early 2013 as a 10man Heroic raid team with the goal to have fun and get as far as possible. After having defeated Heroic Garrosh in Siege of Ogrimmar and ending the Mists of Pandaria expansion ranked 19th on Stormrage, our team decided to push forward into Warlords of Draenor. With the introduction of Mythic in 6.0, our team set out to expand our roster, overcome new challenges, and defeat the final boss on Mythic, all while maintaining a fun atmosphere to raid in. We finished Warlords of Draenor ranking 14th on Stormrage and managed to get 27 of our raiders the Felsteel Annihilator mount from Mythic Archimonde. We are now currently raiding Mythic Nighthold and looking for additional players (870 ilvl+) who seek a challenge and want to have fun.
      Raid Times:
      Friday: 7:30pm – 11:30pm EST
      Saturday: 7:30pm – 11:30pm EST
      <Turkeyism> is a weekend raiding guild that raids two nights a week from 7:30 – 11:30pm EST on Friday and Saturdays.
      In Demand Classes:
      Paladin (Holy/ret)
      Druid (Balance)
      Priests (Shadow)
      Hunters (Marksmen/Beastmaster)
      Warlocks (Affliction/Demonology)
      Monks (Mistweaver/Windwalker)
      (We prefer the classes listed above but all exceptional applicants will be considered.)
      Guild Expectations:
      So as a guild there are a few things we expect our raiders and recruits to do/know.
      First, we expect our raiders/recruits to know their class fairly well. They should also have a good grasp of the encounters by either having first-hand experience, or by watching tutorials and kill videos online. Knowledge is power as the saying goes.
      Second, we expect players who wish to be part of the core raid team to understand that attendance and showing up on time to raid is important to the success of the guild. We understand when real life issues come up, however it isn’t fair to the other 19 players who showed up if you continuously miss raid because of “reasons”. This is why we want to make sure that our raiders/recruits understand that by joining our raid team, you are making a commitment to the rest of the group to show up every week. Ultimately, we are all individuals working together towards a common goal and our success or failure as a group depends upon people committing to the team.
      Third, we expect our raiders/recruits to be able to take criticism from others. If we notice that you could improve in any manner, we won’t hesitate to point it out. We won't ever attack others for making mistakes, but we will politely let them know of their blunders and how they could improve.
      Fourth, raiders/recruits should be willing to sit out for certain encounters. We know it isn’t the most fun thing to have to sit out on a boss fight, especially if there is loot or if you’ve worked hard getting to that encounter. However, not all fights are created equal and sometimes we have to ask players to sit out in order to have the best group composition to complete the encounter. Your willingness to sit out won’t be forgotten and we try to make sure that everyone gets a chance to kill the boss and get loot.
      Fifth, all recruits are expected to present WarcraftLogs in their applications. This will give us an idea of how you handle mechanics and how well you performed. We understand that your time is valuable and so is ours. By looking at your WarcraftLogs we can get an idea if you can perform within the required range were looking for before bringing you in to raid with us.
      Finally, our guild is made up of players in their early 20’s/mid-30’s and our chat can sometimes get spicy and very adult oriented. We can sometimes talk about off the wall stuff, some of which can get very “Rated R” very fast.
      Contact List:
      Patakra: Braxxas#1433
      Ravenhill: XHunter#1289
      Tehproofter: Tehproofter#1990
      Callmetheo: t455m#1373
      Reji: Rejinald#11466
      Where to Apply:
      http://www.usturkeyism.enjin.com/recruitment
      Our Warcraftlogs:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/22857
      Our Wowprogress:
      http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/stormrage/Turkeyism
      (All guild policies can be found in the website under the section: Forums>Guild Discussion>Turkey Recruits.)
      Thanks for reading and we hope to hear from you soon!
    • By Steyn
      Hello there,
      I noticed the Icy Veins guide on Holy Pala does not include why we don't care about sudden stats, being new to the spec here's my question:
      Do we not care about haste at all, or is there actually a certain amount of haste you want to have?
      If anyone can help it would be appreciated (:

• By Syrk
      I have been doing a lot more raid healing lately as a H Pally and was wondering if there were any tips or tricks that anyone could give to help increase my healing. There is a resto druid that has been beating me on most fights and I don't like it at all!!!
      Some fights I seem to do decent on the logs while others I have a tendency to struggle. The main talents I seem to change a lot are the 5th tier which are Divine Purpose, Holy Avenger, and Holy Prism. I'm not sure which I prefer the most or which will increase my healing output the most. I know I don't take Rule of Law and probably should but might need some insight as to when to be using it.
      The following are links to my logs as well as my armory. Any help whether it is gear, talents, rotations would be extremely helpful.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Hakuzan/simple
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/18365020/10/#metric=hps

Cheers