Damien

[Archived] S14 Hearthstone Legendary Priest Control GvG

Sign in to follow this  

24 posts in this topic

This thread is for our Legendary Priest Control Deck.

Hi. Just another typo highlights: on the strategy section (of both the legendary and mid-budget versions of this deck), when speaking about Wild Pyromancer there is a mention to "Silence", but this card is not included in the deck anymore...

You play enough removal to make Taunt unnecessary, the need for Taunt is devalued right now, since most of the game is about minion to minion combat.

I've been running two thoughtsteals in my pre gvg deck. I wonder if it will still work without any thoughtsteals (especially against control warrior.). How about replacing a holy smite with a thoughtseal?

Thx btw for your awesome decks!wub.png

Thoughtsteal is a lot less necessary now, there are more good Priest cards which means they need access to other people's cards less often, but the change you suggested would increase your matchups against Control, but leave you weaker to Aggro, it's up to you.

• Like 1

This should also mention the combo light of naru + Auchenai Soulpriest = 3 damage and a free lightwarden smile.png

What about Young Brewmaster in place of Dark Cultist? Nice synergy with Sadow madness (allows even respawn battlecry minions, and keep, without recombombulator randomness) and obviously allows to use Cabal priest twice. Or as a support for silenced Syvana/Vol'jin, preferably after combat to heal as well.

It's mostly too slow, the double Cabal play for example costs 14 mana total and the Madness/Brew combo doesn't leave the minion on the board like the Recombobulator version.

Scottle, it's been a couple months since you have posted this list. Would you still play this same list even now??? Ive seen list with slugebulcher and thoughtsteal and even ones without shinkmiester. Just wondering what you thought. 

Scottle, it's been a couple months since you have posted this list. Would you still play this same list even now??? Ive seen list with slugebulcher and thoughtsteal and even ones without shinkmiester. Just wondering what you thought. 

I would probably make some changes yes, i'll submit an update soon.

^^ Same, just spent all my dust crafting Dr. Boom! I don't have Vojin though.. Right now I'm using Loatheb in it's place. sad.png What else could I use in place of Vojin?

I would probably make some changes yes, i'll submit an update soon.

Sottle, would you mind updating this deck. I would love to see would you think at. Ty

I replaced Vol'jin with a BGH, cause its hard to face handlocks, what do you think about this change?

I don't really like it, Vol'jin is almost equally as good as a BGH in that matchup, and the change weakens you a lot against other classes.

I would probably make a few changes, but I couldn't say immediately without testing. I'll submit a Control Priest update for BrM soon.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zadina
      As the trend is in latest expansions, we have yet another minion that supports the Healing/Control Paladin archetype.
      The card was revealed by PhenomenGames on YouTube. The video is in Russian.

(Source: Official Site)
      Paladin gets its own version of Hooked Reaver. It's not clear whether you need to restore Health on your hero or you can just heal any minion for this to work. A lot of cards have been printed in the latest expansions that promote this archetype of Paladin deck (even though Aggro Paladin always ends up winning) and maybe it is its time to shine. Other than that, Zandalari Troll Paladins are soon coming to World of Warcraft and it's good to see them in Hearthstone as well!
      Let us know what you think about this card and don't forget to check out our Rastakhan's Rumble hub for everything you need to know about Hearthstone's upcoming expansion.
    • By Zadina
      The Rogue Legendary Loa has just been unveiled!
      The reveal was made by MKRR3 on YouTube. The video is in Polish.

Gral, the Shark has a Tutor effect but it quite weak to Silence. Still, Rogue has quite a few ways to trigger the Deathrattle and now with Spirit of the Shark, it can trigger the Battlecry twice as well. At first sight, though, it feels like a weak card: Silence destroys it, high mana cost and Rogue traditionally runs quite a few small minions as well. It also doesn't seem to fit with the Pirate theme Rogue will have in Rastakhan's Rumble, altough perhaps we can see Beast Rogue with Oondasta and the recently revealed Untamed Beastmaster.
      What do you people think about this card?
    • By Zadina
      Two new cards were revealed by Asian streamers: an Epic neutral minion and the Paladin Spirit.
      The first card was unveiled by Chinese streamer LaLaLa on Douyu.

The first thought that comes when looking at this card is that it's great support for Quest Hunter. The problem is support cards for this archetype were printed in previous expansions and the result was always the same. Beast King could definitely fit into a Beast deck along with Oondasta - and since they are both Neutral cards, this doesn't necessarily have to be Hunter. Hi'reek, the Warlock Loa, and his copies could benefit from the +2/+2 buff. Beast King could also find its place in a Beast Druid deck with minions like Charged Devilsaur and Tyrantus. These Warlock and Druid combos, though, sound a bit like win-more situations.
      The Paladin Spirit was revealed by Korean streamer (and dancer) Rhdgurwn.

The text box may not be the final version as "stats equal to its Cost" is a bit vague, since it could mean a 4/4 or a 3/1 or a 1/3 or a 2/2. However, it would make sense that if you cast a 4-mana spell, the Spirit would summon a 4/4 Tiger and that's how we are going to treat it. At 4 mana, this different version of Summoning Stone seems a bit slow and definitely promotes a more Spell Control-oriented playstyle, which is what Paladin seems to be heading to in Rastakhan's Rumble. It definitely makes for a strong combo with Spikeridged Steed.
    • By Zadina
      The iconic final boss of Zul'Gurub is one of the neutral Legendaries of Rastakhan's Rumble and it seems slightly underwhelming.
      The reveal was made by Forbes. There's also an interview with Dave Kosak and Liv Breeden on the card, as well as a video with its gameplay.

It's amazing how faithful this card is to the Corrupted Blood mechanic from World of Warcraft that led to an actual epidemic in the game - which even became a topic of study by the Centre for Disease Control. Hakkar definitely puts a timer on the match once his Deathrattle triggers and could be used to break Combo decks. However, the fact that it's a Deathrattle and not a Battlecry decreases its power and you still have to build a whole deck around it. Then again, a lot of people thought Mecha'thun wouldn't work when it was released and it has proven to be quite successful.
      What do you think about this card? As a reminder, you can find anything related to Rastakhan's Rumble in our dedicated hub.
    • By Stan
      Grave Horror is a rare Priest 12/7/8 minion and Rogue's Raiding Party makes you draw two Pirates from your deck for 3 Mana.
      Check out our Rastakhan's Rumble hub for more details about Hearthstone's upcoming expansion.
      New Priest Card - Grave Horror
      Costs (1) less for each spell you've cast this game. Costs 12 Mana.

(Source)
      New Rogue Card - Raiding Party
      Draw two Pirates from your deck.
      Combo: Draw a weapon

(Source)