Damien

[Archived] S14 Hearthstone Mid Budget Priest Control GvG

Sign in to follow this  

18 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Mid Budget Priest Control Deck.

well i already have problems dropping from lvl 15 to 16 all the time with this deck, patience or? i switched the 1 mana Smite for Throggzor the Earthinator because i feel like end game is lacking to much,  i got to much games were it is so close late game and i loose when i was ahead early or mid game.

You might just not be facing appropriate matchups for the deck, you're already reacting in the right way, making adjustments based on what you're running into, so just keep it up and i'll sure you'll start to see improvement.

I just can't get this deck going against the mech/aggro-rush decks that are so pervasive now.  Very very frustrating.  I need two Holy Novas to up my chances of drawing them, but by the time you can play them you're just about dead.  You're screwed if you don't draw pain or death cards to clear more obnoxious minions, but the tinkerers are frequently buffed to 4 attack, keeping them safe from shadow words.  So far this season I'm finding this deck is too dependent on an absolutely perfect draw.

Wich card do you suggest to replace Dark Cultist?

Spider Tank, but Dark Cultist is really, really important.

I just can't get this deck going against the mech/aggro-rush decks that are so pervasive now.  Very very frustrating.  I need two Holy Novas to up my chances of drawing them, but by the time you can play them you're just about dead.  You're screwed if you don't draw pain or death cards to clear more obnoxious minions, but the tinkerers are frequently buffed to 4 attack, keeping them safe from shadow words.  So far this season I'm finding this deck is too dependent on an absolutely perfect draw.

You have 3 forms of AoE in the deck, Auchenai Circle combo, Pyromancer Combos, and Holy Nova, against Mech Mage you should pretty much always keep either half of the Auchenai combo in your hand since it's almost a guaranteed board clear any time you draw it. The beauty of Priest is that they usually only need to stabilise once against Aggro decks and then they 

can take over the game, so just focus on that. Any deck is draw dependent, but your mulligan strategy goes a long way to increasing your winrate. Often when players complain about decks needing perfect draws to win, it's because they're mulliganing incorrectly.

WORST.DECK.EVER... i switched to THIS ????????? 8 loses in a row, i switched to this at rank 13, 8loses in a row..... wow... yeah AOE for every situation, this is such a bullshit deck... if you dont have Dark Cultist, dont even play it.... its 95% based on dark cultist.... fuck this deck

Hey man,

Thanks for the deck list, I've been using it to a moderate amount of success (probably around 40% win rate) I'm still learning all the mulligans and wild pyro trading can be confusing.

Do you have any more tips for playing against Aggro (mech Mage and hunter). Like should I trade into piloted shredder? Should I keep Dark Cultist in my opening hand? Would you recommend running a silence for mechwarpers/shredders?

Thank you

Henry

If you don't have Pyro's,, Voljin, Blademasters, Recombobulator, or shadow priests, what would you suggest?

Different deck all together, or what?

Hey Sottle, great deck! Could I just ask if it's viable in the meta or not? Also, what would I sub in instead of the two dark cultists? I've heard Earthen Ring Farseers are viable, but I would like to hear your opinion? Also I don't have one Cabal but I'll probably replace it with a shrinkmeister or something along those lines. Thanks! 

Yeah, Earthen is ok, but Dark Cultists are one of the best Priest cards, and you will miss them if you don't have them.

Yeah...  I can't seem to get this deck to work at all in the current meta.  I am about a level 10 player but I can't get this deck out of the 18 range.  Too slow, then it seems to run out of steam trying to catch up.  A few fun combo's but can't tranlate it into more than about 40% win rate.

Sign in to follow this