FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Fradheal

Weapon Choice - Staff v. 1h & Off-hand

I am a holy priest with a shadow off-spec. My question deals with the game mechanics. Are there game mechanics that make it wiser to use a 2h staff vs. a 1h weapon & and off-hand item other than the just the sheer numerical benefit you get from the items. I believe I was told when I started out that when healing, it is better to use a 2h staff, but for DPS as shadow a 1H and off-hand item was better. Thanks for the help and I love the guides!

I'm not sure that there is really any preference other than the stats you can get on them. Obviously the spell power on the staff or the 1h is v.important. Don't forget when taking into account the stat weightings to add in the 'bonus' enchant of intellect on off hand.

I'm pretty certain however that there are no mechanical differences other than visual / transmog effects. Hope that helps!

• Like 2

Perfect thanks! It seems to me with the enchants available that a spell blade and a good off-hand item with enchants is going to always net more stats.

I'm not sure that there is really any preference other than the stats you can get on them. Obviously the spell power on the staff or the 1h is v.important. Don't forget when taking into account the stat weightings to add in the 'bonus' enchant of intellect on off hand.

I'm pretty certain however that there are no mechanical differences other than visual / transmog effects. Hope that helps!

This is pretty much all to be said. Look at the stats who get from both and see which one is the best for you.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Violentravi
      Hello,
      The Sworn is recruiting range DPS & Tank. We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 7/11 Mythic Antorus. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:15 PM until 12:15 AM Eastern. Currently, our main goal is to push Mythic progression & finish out the raid before next patch, please keep this in mind if you wish to join us, because we will not be doing Heroic or anything like that.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated. In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
      As far as classes are concerned, at this time, we do not have ANY rogues, DPS warriors, havoc DH, or wind walkers.
      If you are interested, add me to battle tag and we will talk (violentravi#1826), I will accept mostly anyone who wants to be a bench or casual, but for raiding purposes, you must be able to provide logs.  If you cannot get ahold of me in game, I work nights, please shoot me an email, I check it at work often and I can get ahold of other officers via text/discord if it's urgent! [email protected]
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho
    • By Anemic
      Since 7.3.5 I have gotten some decent gear and have been using  SimCraft to see what the average difference in the two talents. I simmed them with the Mangaza's Madness belt combined with.  Sephuz and Soul of the High Priest, and with and without 4pc t21 (because some of the gear that breaks tier is 15+ ilvl better).  So far with my 4pc, sephuz, and FotM it simmed *55k higher than Twist of Fate and any combination. I assume the sim procs Sephuz every 30 sec, which is kind of unrealistic, but I was shocked the dps was so much lower using ToF and FotM. 

Any thoughts on the two talents? Does anyone use FotM?  I have started using it and generally average 1.5m dps without BL and north of 2m with. 

Here is my armory link, not sure why it shows my haste much lower than it is in game. In game w/o buffs its 43% ~15,500 or so
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/magtheridon/anemic 
      *(edit: originally put 500 it wasnt 500k, checked my Sim logs and I was mistaken with my lock sim.  Priest sim was 55k better, sort of negligible but worth debating the talents maybe)  
    • By Deadman
      I dont know why my dps is so low thought someone on here could help me 
    • By hjp
      Who are we?
      Volatile are a group of mostly ex-mythic raiders, looking to get back into mythic raiding and for us to be able to do that we need some more people to fill the gaps. Besides raiding our friendly bunch of members enjoy running mythic+ on daily basis, helping out with world quests among other things. Our discord is usually filled with members for daily banter and weekly fun. If you enjoy all that, you most certainly will enjoy your stay in Volatile.
      Who are we looking for?
      We're primarily looking for ranged DPS to fill out the roster. But we are also interested in any dps class with a good healing offspec. Even though your class isn't listed below, don't be afraid of getting in contact with us.
      Tanks - Closed
      Healers - Closed
      Ranged DPS - Open
      Melee DPS - Closed
      Overall we're looking for people with a good knowledge of their class/spec who know how to improve their gameplay. Being fairly thick skinned and being able to accept constructive criticism, as well as the occasional jab from some of our more 'outspoken' members, is a big plus too.
      When do we raid?
      We raid two times a week as standard, we often have an additional raid day if necessary. See raid times below. 
      Thursday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
      Monday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
      Tuesday: 8pm - 11pm (Additional day)
      Application process:
      We believe the best way to get to know if someone is right for the guild is just to have a chat, rather than go through a long application process. So we'll have a chat, look at logs and possibly run some M+ to get to know each other. If you're interested in joining our mythic raid team, contact any of the following:
      Contact us:
      GM: 
      Xadel#2609, Xadel (ingame)
      Passive#2900, Malenky (ingame)
      Council: 
      Òops#2597, Drainphase (ingame)
      Ohajay#2606, Draconem (ingame)
      Hjp#21650, Phynn (ingame)
    • By PingChanGeR
      Hello there guys.

So I was wondering if there's something like a top 10 list for SP trinkets because I'm switching trinkets like crazy and I don't recognize any difference at all. Switching between WitD/Haste-Stat and Haste-stat/Mastery-stat at the moment.
      Now the next question is if we're using AS or SL and what stats to prioritize with them? Some of the top dps SP are using weird setups and confuse me. They all favor haste of course but some play with a crit heavy build and SL and some are playing with a mastery heavy build and AS. I don't get that tbh.
      At least that's what their logs and their armory are saying.