PingChanGeR

Trinkets/Talents/Stats

Sign in to follow this  

3 posts in this topic

Hello there guys.

So I was wondering if there's something like a top 10 list for SP trinkets because I'm switching trinkets like crazy and I don't recognize any difference at all. Switching between WitD/Haste-Stat and Haste-stat/Mastery-stat at the moment.
Now the next question is if we're using AS or SL and what stats to prioritize with them? Some of the top dps SP are using weird setups and confuse me. They all favor haste of course but some play with a crit heavy build and SL and some are playing with a mastery heavy build and AS. I don't get that tbh.
At least that's what their logs and their armory are saying.

Go to HowToPriest.com and you'll find a lot of info on trinkets to use and which do better depending on single target or multi target. For your talents, AS stacks crit, SL stacks mastery. If you have above 50% mastery and low crit, take SL, but I'd recommend gearing towards 30% crit and 30% haste then taking AS as it is a superior build (this is my opinion though) both SL and AS are viable. 

Some may be using AS with a heavy mastery build to test. In my experience even with more mastery SL is lacking the dps compared to AS even with mastery. But either way you stack mastery for SL, crit for AS. 

One of the best things to do in this situation is to actually self sim yourself and find out what trinket combinations work best for you. As noted above with shadow the best choice in the lvl 75 tier comes down to gear. I was a long time fan of AS by far, sims told me to try Sl, I laughed at sim, tried it, and boom 50k dps increase. So sims are the best way to figure out with your stats and gear the best set up.

Side note, it can be rough with shadow to try and target dummy things out considering how much damage we do on lower health enemies and such, hence, sim :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ashiraya
      Hello! My priest https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/argent-dawn/lilein has amassed quite the collection of trinkets and I am not sure which ones to pick. 
      I have:
      925 Naraxas' Spiked Tongue with socket
      910 int/haste stat stick with speed
      915 Tarnished Sentinel Medallion
      915 Terror From Below
      915 Charm of the Rising Tide
      Which ones are best? I usually look at the guides for this kind of thing but strangely the spriest guide lacks trinket recommendations. :(
    • By Akezhar
      So I just got my Rogue to 110 on Monday and plan on raiding soon. But  I am a bit unhappy about Vigor not being an option. Every guide I found put the other two talents above it. I really like playing with Vigor, this might just be because my gear is still kinda bad and messed up(850ish), but it feels a lot smoother with Vigor.
      So I wanted to know why excactly the other two are better and by how much. 
      Edit: Sub
    • By Crudetorrent
      Hi, This is about Ice Veins Demonology 100 talent discussion. I'm greatly confused about this, since I can't see any synergy between Ascendance and Soul Conduit. If anyone could clarify this. I've already thought about it having something to do with summons. But it has to do with DE so yeah. Simply can't see the synergy with theese two together.
      Copied right from the 100 talent discussion from Icy Veins:
       Soul Conduit is the best option for single target and light cleave and should be your go-to for most encounters. This talent is only worthwhile if using  Thal'kiel's Ascendance.

• By Venekus
      Hello again,
      So today I looted a ring in the Mythic+ weekly chest, awful stats but great iLvl improvement (885->920). So the question is: at what point is it sane to sacrifice +4% in Haste to get ~100k more HP?
      Thanks.

• By Sojnekah
      Hey there, looking for some common mistakes I might be making in my gear or dps rotation that I am just not seeing. You'd think it would be pretty basic but my dps has been all over the place recently. 

I will be fighting kiljaeden (pretty standard) and have anywhere from 650-850dps average for the fight. It's gotten me kicked a couple times obviously despite being good on mechanics. I've reviewed several guides, made sure I am enchanted and gemmed... cannot figure it out. What am I doing wrong? (Yes low on meters for other fights as well though not always). 

924 iLevel, wearing legendary belt and chest (dont have tier to wear shoulders and chest)

67% Mastery (issue?) 
      24% Critical Strike
      29% Haste

Opener: Blood Fury, Tome (trinket), Crow, Bestial Wrath, Dire Frenzy, KC, AspectotW, Titan's Thunder, CS, KC, DF...

Repeat KC, CS, And cast DF whenever buff falls off or procs bonus. 

Talent Build is:
      Cobra
      Frenzy
      Posthaste
      Bestial
      Int
      Crow
      Killer Cobra

Helps, tips, advice welcome. 

Are there common mistakes to rotation i might be making even if u dont see it here? Should i be working hard to gear swap? I am at a loss and it is getting frustrating. Thanks